Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bastard dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default bastard dealerships

ive seen a few other posts talking about bad dealership experiences,and i thought i would share mine.i think it will be long,but its worth the read!

back before i bought my Z i was on the hunt for an SS.i have always wanted an SS camaro,and i finally had the chance to buy one.after looking a while i found a deal that seemed to me,too good to be true.it was about 300miles away from me at STADIUM AUTOSALES,in arlington texas.beware of these bastards!the ad pretty much read as follows:
2001 camaro SS,pewter,auto,chrome 10 spokes,pw,pl,monsoon sound,leather,t-tops,loudmouth exhaust,power seats,full SLP SS car,31k miles,$16,995.

i was talking to the guy there for over a week,and he said the carwas almost perfect,no dents,major scratches,interior perfect and clean.they had a great pic on their website,and in autotrader,so i told him i would be down the next friday.i also said that if there was anything wrong with the car or if they were lying in the ad,that when i got there i wouldnt buy it."come check it out,bro,you wont be disappointed."ha!

so that friday two buddies of mine took of work to drive me up there,bank draft in hand.we get there to find a monstrosity of a car.first thing we notice,no ttops.also,the wheels were some ghetto 17s that stuck out of the fenders about 2inches all the way around.and the exhaust,a nasty jeri rigged cutout set up,that looked like it had a flowmaster under it.also the drivers side mirror was primered,like it had been in a wreck.and the passenger side rear fender had a nasty gash in it.also,interior no leather,no power anything,am/fm cassette player.the car overall lokked like an elephant had sat on it and taken a big ****!he let us start it up and it ran like ****.i was furious,i raised my voice and called the guy a liar,and he said they didnt advertise it the way it wasnt,but i had the auto trader and print outs.

so they take me in the office to see the owner,and i was griping and the salesman kinda got in my face and i damn near hit his fat ***.the owner sent him away and we talked.he was trying to tellme the car was worth every penny and about how rare they were,and that i wouldnt find another.

he didnt know that i knew more about them than he did,so i just laughed at him.he said that the ad in question was from a car they sold about a week earlier.i was fuming,and told him that ive been talking to his salesman for over a week,and the vin#to the car outside matched the ad,and then i called him a liar.he then wanted to make it right by offering mr an 02 SS off another lot of theirs for 23.5k.i told him that was over book price and that he could shove it,and that i was seriously thinking of suing.he appoligized again,using the mistake angle and offered me another "gem",an 01 ragged ws6 that had 75kmiles on it for 19,995.i told him to kiss my *** and we left.

i looked the next week and the ad quit running,but it was right back the week after that!i waited a few and then called them cursing them out and told them if they didnt take the ad ou,i would sue.the next weekit was gone and i havent seen it since.but one was up in its place,an 02 SS with low miles for 16,000,it had a salvaged title!it was the one they offered me as a deal at 23.5k!******* bastards!

a week later i fell in love with an 02 Z28 up in abilene,and after spending a day of haggling i drove it home for about 16k.i am happy but i still feel murderous rage when i think of those bastards up in arlington.they actually thought if they got me up there i would buy that piece of **** just because of the hassle.well,screw them!im sorry for the long thread,but i felt like venting.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealers are bastards. Before I bought my Z28, I scoped almost every dealer and private seller in Albuquerque. Just because i'm 18, they automatically assume I know nothing about cars or the process of buying them. They also assume I don't have the money to buy one. Some dealers wouldn't let me drive cars for some stupid excuse they would have. I talked numbers with some and almost all of them would try to sell me the car for full asking price plus another $500-1000. They would make up some stupid things in order to justify full price and then some. Like saying they made very few WS6 Trans Ams with t-tops or this car has an upgraded exhaust. Needless to say, I would laugh at them and tell them I wouldn't be back. Bastard dealers just **** me off. Their own stupidity led me to a private seller and their own profit loss. Dealers.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

im only 21,most of the dealers,including the bastards at STADIUM AUTO didnt think i knew anything.its amazing how spouting off specific parts/performance/production numbers changes their tune.ive had several salesman say "you obviously know alot more about this car than i do."i always laugh when i hear one say something like "its got the big v8 in it."about a trans am once i said "yep.that LS1 is a powerful thing."he looked at me with a blank lost expression.buncha bastards.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Launching!

haha, those are some rough experiences. My experience rocked though . My car is in, well was before some jackass slightly rearended me in the school parking lot, perfect shape. I walked off the lot for JUST over 10k with taxes and drove my 01 z28 with 46k miles on it home. It just about optioned out..nice leather black interior, blah blah blah, etc etc

I think my car KBB at 16k from private owners so..I was glad to get her for 10k from a dealer
Old 08-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Launching!

Oh, and the one dealers love to feed about fbodys that blows my mind is them saying that TTOPS are rare. I went wit my friend to look at a 98 red z28 with ttops and he said to my friend, "Man this is such a rare car, they didnt make that many z28s with ttops like this one." I just laughed, and reminded him that hardtops are one HELL of a lot harder to find
Old 08-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Launching!

I was screwed with mine. The front had been wrecked. Instead of replacing it all like they said they just "fixed" the hood and bumper in which I didnt find out unitl about a week later.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

the sticker on my car was $20,995.it had about 21k on the clock,and is optioned out with everything but leather,right down to 3.23 gears,ive been told that most Zs came with 2.73s.so i think i got a deal.that dealership was nice,they even let me take the car out by myself,the first ive ever had do so.but yeah,rough experiences doesnt even begin to describe that mess i put up with,friggin nightmare!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
the sticker on my car was $20,995.it had about 21k on the clock,and is optioned out with everything but leather,right down to 3.23 gears,ive been told that most Zs came with 2.73s.so i think i got a deal.that dealership was nice,they even let me take the car out by myself,the first ive ever had do so.but yeah,rough experiences doesnt even begin to describe that mess i put up with,friggin nightmare!
I was with luvmeZ28 for the Stadium auto experiance. That was the worst day i've had i a long time.I had to pull a bunch of strings so i could take off work, then i had to convence my mom to let me take her new tahoe to dallas(this deal happened 2 weeks before i got my SS), then i drove nearly 4 1/2 hrs hours to the stealership bitched back and forth for about 45min then drove 4 1/2 hours back home empty handed.

After that big cluster **** I was still trusting/dumb enough to fly across country to get my 2000 SS in Atlanta, GA. it was the smoothest deal ever. I landed at the airport. walked over to the baggage claim met with the current owner. He then led me to the parking lot were the car was sitting. I looked it over & BSed with him for about 30 min. then I traded a check for 15,200 for a set of keys and it was done. I had finialy bought my first F-Body. Having every option and only 29,000 I am very satisfied. BTW its an 1,100 mile drive from Atlanta, GA to San Angelo, TX i made it back in around 15hrs.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was very relieved when your deal went off without a hitch,i was worried for you.the drive back from dallas sure was fun,two fbodies cruising the open highway together,beautiful!
Old 08-02-2004, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

Two fbodies cruising the open highway together,beautiful!
Yea, it was Fun wasnt it
Old 08-02-2004, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

shitty experience. I had one too. I bought an 02 z28 with 20,000 miles for 12,000 that had a good title but had been hit in the rear. They guy was really nice and it seemed like an awesome deal so i took it. Later i realized i couldnt hook posi and i had a v6 rear end. I went back and bitched about it and the guy who sold it to me "john" tried to help me out but the owner lied out his *** and said the posi was an option on v8s. Since I had already asked about it on the great board i new he lied and told me so. He said he would give me back my money but i figured i could put a moser under it and it would still only b $14000 which is still a great deal. I obviously took it and Hate the guy at Lamberts Auto Sales in Boonville MS. He also tried to sell me another rear for $800 ??? I told him i could buy them all day on ls1tech for like $300 and i would sell them to him for like $600 and he could profit. He didnt like the offer, wonder why?? Thanks to "pontiac I now can hook posi.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hate those bastards that are out there to screw everyone out of their hard earned $$$$.i didnt know it at the time,because they advertise as having 1000s in their inventory,but Stadium auto sales was just a podunk auction cruising dealership.thanks to them i will never trust a small dealership again.if i had known at the time that all their cars were wholesell sell offs,salvages and auction cars i never would have dealt with them.oh well,you live you learn,i guess.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive seen a few other posts talking about bad dealership experiences,and i thought i would share mine.i think it will be long,but its worth the read!

back before i bought my Z i was on the hunt for an SS.i have always wanted an SS camaro,and i finally had the chance to buy one.after looking a while i found a deal that seemed to me,too good to be true.it was about 300miles away from me at STADIUM AUTOSALES,in arlington texas.beware of these bastards!the ad pretty much read as follows:
2001 camaro SS,pewter,auto,chrome 10 spokes,pw,pl,monsoon sound,leather,t-tops,loudmouth exhaust,power seats,full SLP SS car,31k miles,$16,995.

i was talking to the guy there for over a week,and he said the carwas almost perfect,no dents,major scratches,interior perfect and clean.they had a great pic on their website,and in autotrader,so i told him i would be down the next friday.i also said that if there was anything wrong with the car or if they were lying in the ad,that when i got there i wouldnt buy it."come check it out,bro,you wont be disappointed."ha!

so that friday two buddies of mine took of work to drive me up there,bank draft in hand.we get there to find a monstrosity of a car.first thing we notice,no ttops.also,the wheels were some ghetto 17s that stuck out of the fenders about 2inches all the way around.and the exhaust,a nasty jeri rigged cutout set up,that looked like it had a flowmaster under it.also the drivers side mirror was primered,like it had been in a wreck.and the passenger side rear fender had a nasty gash in it.also,interior no leather,no power anything,am/fm cassette player.the car overall lokked like an elephant had sat on it and taken a big ****!he let us start it up and it ran like ****.i was furious,i raised my voice and called the guy a liar,and he said they didnt advertise it the way it wasnt,but i had the auto trader and print outs.

so they take me in the office to see the owner,and i was griping and the salesman kinda got in my face and i damn near hit his fat ***.the owner sent him away and we talked.he was trying to tellme the car was worth every penny and about how rare they were,and that i wouldnt find another.

he didnt know that i knew more about them than he did,so i just laughed at him.he said that the ad in question was from a car they sold about a week earlier.i was fuming,and told him that ive been talking to his salesman for over a week,and the vin#to the car outside matched the ad,and then i called him a liar.he then wanted to make it right by offering mr an 02 SS off another lot of theirs for 23.5k.i told him that was over book price and that he could shove it,and that i was seriously thinking of suing.he appoligized again,using the mistake angle and offered me another "gem",an 01 ragged ws6 that had 75kmiles on it for 19,995.i told him to kiss my *** and we left.

i looked the next week and the ad quit running,but it was right back the week after that!i waited a few and then called them cursing them out and told them if they didnt take the ad ou,i would sue.the next weekit was gone and i havent seen it since.but one was up in its place,an 02 SS with low miles for 16,000,it had a salvaged title!it was the one they offered me as a deal at 23.5k!******* bastards!

a week later i fell in love with an 02 Z28 up in abilene,and after spending a day of haggling i drove it home for about 16k.i am happy but i still feel murderous rage when i think of those bastards up in arlington.they actually thought if they got me up there i would buy that piece of **** just because of the hassle.well,screw them!im sorry for the long thread,but i felt like venting.

I absolutely love the way you tell this story. It is almost text book. Show me a dealer that is not out to get a buck. That is one of the funniest stories I have heard in a really long time.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MJSLude99
Dealers are bastards. Before I bought my Z28, I scoped almost every dealer and private seller in Albuquerque. Just because i'm 18, they automatically assume I know nothing about cars or the process of buying them. They also assume I don't have the money to buy one. Some dealers wouldn't let me drive cars for some stupid excuse they would have. I talked numbers with some and almost all of them would try to sell me the car for full asking price plus another $500-1000. They would make up some stupid things in order to justify full price and then some. Like saying they made very few WS6 Trans Ams with t-tops or this car has an upgraded exhaust. Needless to say, I would laugh at them and tell them I wouldn't be back. Bastard dealers just **** me off. Their own stupidity led me to a private seller and their own profit loss. Dealers.
Next time this happens call GM Customer Care, and I promise you the dealer will regret it.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

just a question...are slave cylindars wear and tear items? because i left my car for about 3 or 4 days at a chevy dealership to replace the slave...but finally i get there and they dont fix it because its a wear and tear item...bastards
Old 08-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Launching!

Buying cars from actualy pontiac/chevy etc dealerships prolly more safe then the ones like "stadium" eh?
Old 08-03-2004, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zchgla
just a question...are slave cylindars wear and tear items? because i left my car for about 3 or 4 days at a chevy dealership to replace the slave...but finally i get there and they dont fix it because its a wear and tear item...bastards
Nope.... Your warrantee is bumper to bumper, Ttops to ... well, not tires, but you get the point. It's policy I think to brush you off the first time and hope you don't come back. I'd tell my story that I'm going through now, but it's even longer than the original posters.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
Next time this happens call GM Customer Care, and I promise you the dealer will regret it.
Why is that?
Old 08-03-2004, 03:37 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs down

When I bought my T/A in the summer of 2000, on a Friday afternoon, the dealer said I was approved for a loan (I put down about 4k cash), and he let me take the car home the same day. I drove the car all weekend putting about 500 miles on the car. When I returned to the dealership, the following Monday, to finish up the paperwork and get an inspection sticker, the salesman had a very troubled look on his face and said he needed to talk to me. He said that my loan was turned down, and since I had driven the car all weekend, they couldn't sell it as a new car, and I would have to take a hit for the depreciation. I would have lost most of my 4k down payment. I couldn't believe it (Pell Pontiac in Framingham, MA if you're listening). I asked the sales manager what the final payoff was (about 28k), I stormed out of there, made a phone call to Charles Scwabb, sold some of my stocks (which I never wanted to do), and I showed up at the dealership with a bank check for $28,000+. The sales manager couldn't even look me in the eye because he knew the crap he was trying to pull, and I'm sure he never imagined that I could come up with that kind of cash. Basically this dealership was trying to screw me out of my down payment. Thank god I was lucky enough to have stocks. No one hates car dealerships more than me.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
I think I will do that. I'll do it to the Ford dealerships too. I'm just glad i'm going to have my Z28 until I finish college. When I looked at a few Mach 1's, one of the sellers at a dealership tried to tell me that the shaker hood was a rare option on a Mach 1. What a bunch of