New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I used Maguiers Scratch-X and AHHH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I used Maguiers Scratch-X and AHHH!!!

ok..i read on the back it ssays for best results do your whole car wit this product so i did it like waxed i parked it in the shade..wipe it on everywhere where there was paint on the whole car...then waited about 5 min went back with terry cloth...and rubbed it down really good...til it all dissappeared and looked great..i got done at night...so the car looked awesome...cuz its black and its night..i woke up this morning going to go look at my car in the sun

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my car has scratches ALL OVER IT NOW!!!!!! EVERYWHERE>..im serious it looks liek ****...my 11,000$ car now looks like its worth 8000$...do you think that if i took it to GM..they could buff all those scratches out for me

I DON"T GET WHAT SCRATCHED IT I USED TERRY CLOTH TO WIPE IT ALL OFF!!!!UNLESS MY SCRATCH-X WAS FAULTY IT SHOULDA BEEN CALLED X-SCRATCHES

YOU DON"T EVEN KNOW>>>I WILL POST PICS SOON ...it makes you sick to your stomach

ANY SUGGESTIONS!!
Old 08-09-2004, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think they would surely buff out. Im not sure what happened but i used that stuff also it didnt scratch my car but it didnt fix the scratches either.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

I use Scratch X all the time, never had that problem BUT it does leave a film behind. That may be what you're seeing. You need to go back over it with Gold Class (or something similar) to really make it shine and remove the film. I've always had good results with it but like the directions say you need to go back over it with Gold Class.

Edit: I've had it hide small scratchess pretty well, but on larger ones it seems to have no effect. And because it only hides them they do return.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Is it abrasive? What did you put it on with? Did it say to wax your car afterwards in the instructions. I like Meguiars, but I will only use wax on a car I own, never an abrasive. Once you use anything abrasive, or have to buff, your car is generally never the same. Unless you car is white. White cars always look like crap. (Just kidding for all you white car owners out there. I know they have that clay bar thing or something you guys can use.)
Old 08-09-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

I don't think its abrasive but I'll be its the film left behind. In sun light at a distance it looks like swirl marks.

It doesn't say you have to use their gold class afterwards but it very strongly suggest you do.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

yeh..i just went out with gold glass wax..and went over it..the car looks great the majority of the scratches dissappeared...it actually blended in some deep scratches on the hood tha ti had...made it look alot nicer...

i aint' to worried about those because soon the stock hood will get swapped out for a ws6 style or raptor..haven't decided..

thanks for all the quick responses
Old 08-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Instead of the Gold Class, try Meguiars new NXT wax. It hides a lot of the small swirls & scratches, and really gives a deep, wet look. And it goes on & off really easy, too. Im very impressed with this product.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

i recently had someone or thing (dont know) leave 4 scratch marks on my car. Like the sixe of 1/2 of a tic tac. And it was so bad that u can see the white stuff under the paint. How can i fix that or prevent the paint from cracking around it?

Quick Reply: I used Maguiers Scratch-X and AHHH!!!