New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wife + Z28 = bad idea

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this may sound weird but she likes the New Orleans Saints (where we live) and i have never liked watching foot ball, while she watches them i am out side working on my car even if there is nothing to do with it i will pull shi* apart and put it back together she dont mind that because when i watch i root for the wrong team which is the team against the saints and she gets pissed b/c the team i root for always wins cause saints suck LOL
Old 08-19-2004, 03:45 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
"You like your car better than me!" (pout)

Well, lessee...

It's lower maintenance, responds better to mods,
and only takes one minute to warm up. Plus it
lets me drive it twice a day, minimum.
It doesn't get mad when you look at another F-Body, either.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:41 PM

mine does like last night i was looking at a friends supercharged ta and my ta wouldnt start timing tuner wires melted together and crank wouldnt get a signal
Old 08-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mySStery_machine
WOW well put...now what if the guy is in the garage with another gearhead woman?

in those cases that would be me
Old 08-19-2004, 05:12 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

at first my better half diddnt want me racing people, but after a few good 1-2 shifts and a few dead mustangs, ive got her addicted to the g-forces. i love to see her hand gripped on the door and a smile on her face.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Unhappy

i need to find a girl who's into racing... thats tough out here in ultra-liberal california.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Launching!

I buy cars like she buys clothes, we literally have a freekin' parking lot of vehicles to drive, most of which were bought just for her, or her kids. But needless to say, she still likes to drive my cars, and I let her. 2 reasons, 1. it's quicker, easier, and less painful than the ensuing arguement if I say "no" 2. she drives my cars like your grandmother would drive a tank. I constantly find myself telling her,"it's the pedal on the right honey!" True Story, I have a chevelle with a 396 and 3.73's, she was driving one day and we got owned by a NEON! and not even an R/T! she is so scared of speed it's not funny(either that or she is afraid of me if she scratches something..)
Old 08-19-2004, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My plan is to make my car to "scary" (in her words) for her to drive, she says it's too loud right now.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:19 PM

mine knows it is scary i made her floor it once and i flipped the "SWITCH" and the car opened up needless to say she never floored it again she still drives it but not past 4k rpm's
Old 08-19-2004, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99 Formula
Sounds a lot like my wife. But my wife just likes to drive MY car because she wants to see if it will bother me. I guess she wants to make sure that she is worth more to me than the car. Anyway the way I look this way: if she does screw up something then that screwed up something will be replaced with something that will make the car faster or look better etc.

The x never complained then came the big "D" all my buddies said it was your car right? I said no ( hind site is 20 / 20 I'm sure it had a facter in it )
Now comes this LS1 project. I've been living in the garage again. Feels good to be home. Although the live in gf just cant understand it. Well the car is not going. Cant wait to take her for the ride of her life.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

I don't let other people drive my car. My GF hasn't ever driven my car and hopefully won't ever. She thinks her VW beetle turbo is fast so she doesn't need to learn what torque is driving my car.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those beetles aren't extremely slwo i drove a 6 speed one...don't underestimate it......its not extremely fast but it ain't slow..it will move..
Old 08-20-2004, 06:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackIsSecksee
this thread is making me glad im a woman into cars

heh but yea the guy i bought it from wouldnt let his wife drive it ...thought it was funny i was the first women to drive it before his wife or daughter

i let my dad drive it sometimes and i freak out if he touches the paint ...i use the weather stripping to shut the door and im trying to teach him to do the same
Not ALL women are F'ed up when it comes to cars...

The ONLY time my car does NOT burn oil is when my wife drives it...
The ONLY time my tires don't lose rubber is when my wife drives it...
The ONLY time my clutch does NOT get abused and tortured is when my wife drives it...

We don't all have it bad...
Old 08-20-2004, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slik98z

Good thing is my girflriend loves my car but is scared shitless to drive it. The one time she said she wanted to drive it, i came to her house and had her get in the passenger seat so i could "show her a few things so she can learn"...and i did a burn out, dumped the clutch and spray a dry kit without jets so it would plant her *** in the seat really nicely. she got out and threw up ever since she's been really tenative about getting in my car
Dude, that was wrong. You better be glad I'm not your girlfriend, because that **** would have been a total turn on for me!!!! I really feel for you guys and your cars!!! Now it is totally different for the hubby and I. Well, to start off with the race car is MINE, but I totally feel comfortable when HE drives it.

I don't want to get flamed for not having a GM ride anymore. But my baby is a '92 Mustang GT. I have owned her from day one and she is totally my pride and joy.

I will pray for the safety of yours cars!!! BTW, I'm Monique.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jrtf83
i need to find a girl who's into racing... thats tough out here in ultra-liberal california.
Not as difficult as you would think I know of at least one more down in Ventura that I left behind. There are plenty in SoCal just go to LACR, both my wives though came from NorCal. One was from prissy Palos Verdes the other one from drinking partying Santa Cruz area. Guess which one is working?
Old 08-20-2004, 07:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 95 LS1 Camaro
Cant wait to take her for the ride of her life.
One would imagine that you should have ALREADY taken her 'for the ride of her life'
Old 08-20-2004, 08:03 AM
STF Veteran

I have it better than a lot of you guys. My wife doesn't care about driving my car. Although she can drive it fine. She is aware of bumps and curbs. She won't floor it for anything (I guess I have shown her what happens if she does). She also says stuff like, "I wish you were in your Camaro with me today. There was this punk in a Mustang that was getting on my nerves" or "Look at that ricer".
She says the politically correct, "I don't want you to race", but she likes it when I do. She thinks it is fun.
Her only downfall is that she thinks my car is fast enough. I'm not sure what that means though. All I know is that it is a lot harder to sell her on mods. I just have to be persistant. I'll just keep chipping away at her.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:14 AM
TECH Regular

Well...I don't have to worry about my fiance driving my car...he has the firehawk to drive. He actually doesn't like driving my car (the WS6)...some complaint about it being an A4. Our biggest problem...who gets the next mod.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
She says the politically correct, "I don't want you to race", but she likes it when I do. She thinks it is fun.
Same here. Some guy in a Prelude was acting up the other day, and my wife was like "Honey, smoke that fool!" I was laughing so hard I almost let him get away.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jrtf83
Down in San Diego where I visit, it's all a matter of 20 miles;
between the beach and the first set of hills, it's all yuppity
and fancy; once it starts looking like desert and bugger hot,
you run into all the normal, work-hard-for-a-living type people.
Including redneck chicks who dig racing, or even do it.

He said, "do it".

'Course up around San Francisco, it may be condos all the
way to the Nevada line... don't know about that, don't care
to go see.