Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good price?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good price?

I wanted to know what others thought of this purchase price on a '02 Silver/Ebony WS-6. The car is t-top, M6, has 25K miles and is clean inside and out. No signs of aftermarket work or abusive driving (the nose isn't even scraped). The only option that isn't on the car, which I am unsure about since I have been a Camaro driver is the traction control, this one doesn't have the switch, I thought it was located down near the lighter in the center dash section. What else should I include to help you guys deem value? I am really considering about picking this one up since I am about done with the SS payoff and want a new daily driver so I can dig into the Camaro (it just hit 100K). They want $26K for it from the Chevy dealer here, and I see that is the average area for price when running a search here, is it a good idea? Thanks for the help.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:35 PM
STF Veteran

Seems a little high to me. JMO.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

I have a fully loaded 01' WS6 with all options at it books at 22k approx. So the price is as much as they can reasonably ask for. But, IMO it is a bit high. Did you check autotrader to see what they are selling for?

And try www.nada.com

Nada shows a book value of 25k. Also, I bought mine in Nov 2002 and paid 23k.... Just food for thought. And, check autotrader in your area to get a ballpark and to show the dealership to try and go down in cost.

Good luck and I hope that helps a little.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was yet another, the lot here gets them all the time(!), 2002 WS6 that sold here about a week ago for 21000. it had like 16k miles. and there is a 2002 convertible SOM WS6 sitting at the lot right now, with under 20k miles i believe, and i think they want 22,000 for that. there is also a white 01-02 WS6 sitting there, dont know how much they want for that one.

just figured i would give you some examples.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

I checked autotrader in the 28546 zip and found a red WS6 for under 23k. More miles though.

link
Old 09-20-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

I thought the same thing about the price. They also said that they don't use NADA after I mentioned it was a bit high and asked which pricing they use. They said pretty much EVERY dealer uses KBB, so I knew that the guy knew jack. Also, you have to take into consideration that it's down the road from a Marine base, so that's notorious for price gouging. I bought my SS new in Nov '00 far away from where I was stationed for that very reason. It's just a damn nice looking car and I don't want to lose out. However, if it sits for a bit longer they will be more willing to work I'm sure. The '78 Vette they had didn't last a week, I barely even had a chance to tell my wife and get it worked out to take her to see it and it was gone. The new group of 2,000 Marines just got back from Afghanistan so there will be money burning through some PFC's pocket that can't really afford it but gets it anyway. Thanks for all the insight. I need to go to Texas for those prices!
Old 09-20-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

Price seems pretty high to me as well.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mySStery_machine
I thought the same thing about the price. They also said that they don't use NADA after I mentioned it was a bit high and asked which pricing they use. They said pretty much EVERY dealer uses KBB, so I knew that the guy knew jack. Also, you have to take into consideration that it's down the road from a Marine base, so that's notorious for price gouging. I bought my SS new in Nov '00 far away from where I was stationed for that very reason. It's just a damn nice looking car and I don't want to lose out. However, if it sits for a bit longer they will be more willing to work I'm sure. The '78 Vette they had didn't last a week, I barely even had a chance to tell my wife and get it worked out to take her to see it and it was gone. The new group of 2,000 Marines just got back from Afghanistan so there will be money burning through some PFC's pocket that can't really afford it but gets it anyway. Thanks for all the insight. I need to go to Texas for those prices!
come on down! the SOM vert is gorgeous.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

No vert in my future, t-top is bad enough! I'm a big fan of hardtops.