New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Ss

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, Alot of hostility here. It's one of the guy's firsts post and he gets all of this ****... Anyway, I am very jealous and you are very lucky. Yup, it seems you have been brought up around cars and racing, etc. so all of these "mature" people should take a chill about telling you all this ****.

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
Then what are you waiting for? Take it to the track.

Then again, since you have so much track experience, you should have been able to make an educated guess on what you'd run.

Chill out. The kid is just hyped about his new, bad-*** car and wants to vent/discuss/express his enthusiasm for it....and what better place to do it?

Well, congrats on your ride.
And remeber, you will kill yourself streetracing very soon becasue there is no way a young guy can learn how to drive his car, be responsible, have a little fun and play it safe. You will certainly die, lose your license, end up in jail or crash your car very soon, no matter what.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:21 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darrensls1formula
No I have NEVER, EVER raced anyone on the street. So apparently it's not what you thought, Lol. I'll give you a break but the local police may not. Think about it. I race at the drag strip. I used to live 10 minutes from one but now I'm 45 minutes. Still not too bad and it's a heck of a lot more fun IMO.

I have a wife and three kids depending on me for financial support. I can't afford to lose my license or make my wife a widow over a stupid street race.
although the BS flag is about to leap out of my pocket, i'll give you credit. you've got alot of salt to be able to resist the temptation of watching a ford dissappear in the mirror. you have your priorities pretty well lined out, i'll definatly salute that.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
although the BS flag is about to leap out of my pocket, i'll give you credit. you've got alot of salt to be able to resist the temptation of watching a ford dissappear in the mirror. you have your priorities pretty well lined out, i'll definatly salute that.
It also helps that I live 1/2 mile from work. Would I be tempted to race say a mustang GT that revs me? Sure I would. I won't deny that but I also know that people can and do get arrested, hurt and killed because of it so I just don't do it because I have too much to lose. IMO a race can not be settled from 0-50. I would want to go to 110+ to get well into 3rd gear where LS1's shine (lol).

Some of these guys talk about a street race like it's just a little speeding and harmless fun. The street races I am thinking of are felonys in some states (or so I am told). While I wouldn't compare street racing to armed robbery you can not likewise compare street racing to cruising 15 over on the highway.

If I was 16 and had this car I would give myself at least a 25% chance of ending up dead, hurt or in jail because at 16 I would not have been able to resist the temptation to race stangs and ricers in the age of the fast and the retarded err I mean furious. Street light to street light races where you barely break the speed limits is not even a race IMO. When I talk about street races I am thinking of any type of start that ends in triple digits.

Stay safe out there guys,

Darren
Old 10-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Hey man, don't worry about everyone flaming you about being 16 with such a powerful car. I am 16 and have a 2002 Trans Am WS6 6-speed that my father bought me as well, I am extremely fortunate as well as you are. My first car was a 2002 Firebird v6 so I learned on a decently fast car. Just be safe out there...it was taken me 4 weeks and im still alittle afraid of the car. And like someone said, once you get into the situation with the mustang reving at you, its pretty much instinct to bite back. I hope you dont, but you never know once you are in the situation. Just be safe out there and good look, great car by the way a close friend of mine who is also 16 has a 01 SS, its a great car!
Old 10-13-2004, 07:12 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slammed-am
Chill out. The kid is just hyped about his new, bad-*** car and wants to vent/discuss/express his enthusiasm for it....and what better place to do it?
It's done and over with.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

man....i didnt know i would start such a controversie. i was jsut trying to get some horsepower numbers and some ideas for a couple new mods.....haha. and by the way both of those questions can still be answered.....everyone is talking about me killing myself street racign instead of telling me.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:38 PM
11 Second Club

i think you say before you have an A4, how about 3.73 gears, shift kit, trans cooler, deeper trans pan, stall, lightweight flywheel, aluminum driveshaft. make the most of the power you have now, then add some more power
Old 10-14-2004, 01:11 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

start a new thread if you want tech info.

Quick Reply: 2000 Ss