New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having Doubts, need some opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having Doubts, need some opinions please.

Hey guys,

Well, I've been working out the deal with the guy for my TA and I was all pumped to get it, but lately I've been thinking about it alot and I'm not sure about it. I'm supposed to go pick it up on April 7th but I'm having doubts and I would like some advice. It's a 99 Black TA A4 with 18710 miles on it ( babied and garaged it's entire life ), it has the ram air hood, K&N filter and tinted windows for 15k. I'm super pumped for it but I've been thinking and I originally wanted a NBM 01-02 WS6 ( WS6 doesn't matter THAT much but I want it to have the ram air hood because I love the way that looks ) with black interior and A4, miles aren't that big of a deal but I wanted something below 30k.. Do you guys think I should stick with the black one or what ... I'm really stumped, I was thinking buy the TA and then once I find the NBM try and sell the black one but I don't know how much I could get for a 99 with like under 22k miles. Please help as I REALLY want to get a TA but I'm extremely lost
Old 03-27-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Junkie

this is something you have to workout with yourself. what matters here is how you feel. if youre having doubts, then wait and think it through. you dont want to get stuck with something you dont really want
Old 03-27-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How long have you been looking?My sticking point was my budget,it took me a year to find a clean car for my price.If you have the patience hold out untill you find exactly what you are looking for,but it may mean missing out on this summer.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Before buying my camaro that I have now, I was going to buy a z28 'without' t-tops. I thought, great deal and later on I will buy an ss with t-tops. Well the deal went bad. My bank did not lend me the money for the camaro cause it was in an accident and rebuilded. So I then found a z28 with t-tops and at a great price and had doubts because it was a big investment regardless of the great price. Well 3 years later and i have no regreats, not even missing the ss I had planned to buy after selling my car I have now. You can replace the hood on that car, mod it the way you'd like or wait. As mentioned I had doubts at the very second I was going to sign the paper work but this car has been great. But it's really up to you. I think if you wait a bit longer you can even get a better price on the car and what you're looking for, again it's really up to you.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That black one sounds pretty good and u could always paint it NBM if u wanted.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Doesn't painting it cost alot, especially with the metallics? I think I just need to GET the damn car, the longer I wait the more I think about it and have doubts, once I get it I'm sure I'll love it.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

i was quoted 2500 min for a change of color from pewter metallic to black
Old 03-29-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah it expensive for the metallics but down the road if thats what u wanted u could do it, and u most likely will like the black one once u get it and do a few things to it.