Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z28 Vs SS (HP Specs)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z28 Vs SS (HP Specs)

What is the differnce between the Z28 and the SS. The Z28s have 310HP and the SS has 325. So what makes the Z28s have less horsepower? Are the cams diffrent? What is the difference?
Old 06-08-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

the catback is less restrictive if i remember correctly...
Old 06-08-2005, 11:34 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

This has been asked a thousand times... please search
Old 06-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SS is just better all around. It has a better engine, better drivetrain, better wheels, tires, etc. The SS will beat anything out there on the road, hands down.

And if you believe that, I've got some land I'll sell you for a good price

Oh, and if you really want to know, it is just a better exhaust that makes the difference (well, depending on the year of the SS and options). Put a lid and catback on a Z, and it'll put down equal or better numbers. If you want it to handle like an SS, just slap a 32mm front sway bar on and call it a day. Or if you think your SS doesn't handle for ****, you can do like I did and replace damn near everything and actually have a car that DOES handle well.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
The SS is just better all around. It has a better engine, better drivetrain, better wheels, tires, etc. The SS will beat anything out there on the road, hands down.

And if you believe that, I've got some land I'll sell you for a good price

Oh, and if you really want to know, it is just a better exhaust that makes the difference (well, depending on the year of the SS and options). Put a lid and catback on a Z, and it'll put down equal or better numbers. If you want it to handle like an SS, just slap a 32mm front sway bar on and call it a day. Or if you think your SS doesn't handle for ****, you can do like I did and replace damn near everything and actually have a car that DOES handle well.
yea damn near everything....i'm getting down to the last few parts and its feeling much much better.. oh and about your first lines damn, i know people here that actually think about it like that, bunch of idiots
Old 06-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by superchannelkev
yea damn near everything....i'm getting down to the last few parts and its feeling much much better.. oh and about your first lines damn, i know people here that actually think about it like that, bunch of idiots
Oh man...I get the comment all the time. "Man, I'll bet you can outrun any Z28 out there." Yeah. Sure can. Except for the one down the road that is cammed. Oh, and the other one running juice. Oh, and the other one running a stroker. Poor, misguided Americans.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:50 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Oh man...I get the comment all the time. "Man, I'll bet you can outrun any Z28 out there." Yeah. Sure can. Except for the one down the road that is cammed. Oh, and the other one running juice. Oh, and the other one running a stroker. Poor, misguided Americans.
I had people look down on me when I had my Z28 - then they were all over me when I had my SS. I politely told them they were stupid.

They had to do something to make people who paid an extra 3-5 grand for a SS feel like they were getting more than just a hood, wing, and wheels.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ask any ricer... an SS badge has got to be good for 15 HP!

J/K guys, im just a little jealous.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Guys don't forget the ULTRA-Z by SLP.That is a suped up SS isn't it?
Old 06-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
I had people look down on me when I had my Z28 - then they were all over me when I had my SS. I politely told them they were stupid.

They had to do something to make people who paid an extra 3-5 grand for a SS feel like they were getting more than just a hood, wing, and wheels.
I've tried telling people my SS isn't anything more than a glorified Z, but they just don't believe me. Oh well...
Old 06-08-2005, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DMNSPD

Hey SPD. So why did you sell your Z to get a SS?? From the pics those ar 2k rims (probably wrong as usual). So couldn't be that many years apart.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:19 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
Hey SPD. So why did you sell your Z to get a SS?? From the pics those ar 2k rims (probably wrong as usual). So couldn't be that many years apart.
I sold my Z for a couple reasons:

It had almost 100k on it.
I bought it for cheap, so I sold it for what I paid for it.
I always wanted a SS.

I don't know why I wanted a SS, but that was the first late model car I remember seeing when I was in high school that I thought was so cool. I just wanted it "just because" People thought I got my SS because it was faster, but that wasn't true at all. I liked the way it looked and I always wanted one - and I only paid $14800 for it with 12k miles
Old 06-08-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats a pretty good price for only 12k miles
Old 06-08-2005, 06:26 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/213148-jrp-s-faq-commonly-asked-questions.html