New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should you buy a trans am if... (gf complaining)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously if she can't accept the fact that you want this car and be ok with it, then she is the wrong girl. I would never date anyone that wouldn't allow me to be myself and do what I want to do. With that being said, my girlfriend didn't really want me to get my car, but I did, now she "likes" it. She would rather me have something else that wasn't allowed, but she knows it makes me happy and that's all that matters.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a GREAT wife!

I bought tires for the truck. She says, "Are they big enough? Do you need help getting bigger ones?

I bought the Vette. She says, "Don't you want a newer one?"

The question of selling my Harley to pay off some bills comes up. She says, "Is there anything I can do?"

Buy your dream, if that's what you truly want. Life is short. I don't want to be sitting in my wheelchair when I'm 90 kicking myself in the butt for not having any memories (assuming I can still remember them...).

Get the New Girlfriend mod if required.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This ones easy, dump the girl and pick up the TA! after all if she doesnt even LIKE your dream car its probably not going to work out anyway!
Old 09-19-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EviLS1
My girlfriend hates camaros... except mine. Take her for a ride and she'll stfu.
That's how mine is. She used to hate loud cars, now that my car is even louder she still loves it.

But she doesn't let me go to the track....
Old 09-19-2005, 08:52 AM
TMF
On The Tree

I don't have these problems, my wife complains that I don't race the car enough! Yesterday Bandi had a domestic vs tuner day and she suggested that be the family event
Old 09-19-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can't believe not a single person in this posting has asked for a picture. It is basic knowledge that the amount of BS you take from your woman is directly proportional to how much hotter she is than you.

The broad had better be a good 3 or 4 points out of your league to be telling you how to spend your money, probably 5 or 6 if she nags about it as well.

And unless you are a spineless one that likes being told how to live (don't take offense I have buddies that are perfectly happy with such arrangements), take this as a good warning flag and keep it in mind.

So for really sound advice we need a picture of you both. Everyone else is just talking smack.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by todddchi
I can't believe not a single person in this posting has asked for a picture. It is basic knowledge that the amount of BS you take from your woman is directly proportional to how much hotter she is than you.

The broad had better be a good 3 or 4 points out of your league to be telling you how to spend your money, probably 5 or 6 if she nags about it as well.

And unless you are a spineless one that likes being told how to live (don't take offense I have buddies that are perfectly happy with such arrangements), take this as a good warning flag and keep it in mind.

So for really sound advice we need a picture of you both. Everyone else is just talking smack.
I don't see why it would matter if she is 3-4 (or even 100) points of out of your league. If you don't get along, you will be unhappy 90% of the time. No wonder why so many people end up getting divorced.

I did feel a hint of joking/sarcasm in your post, but I figured I'd add my 2 cents in anyhow
Old 09-19-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Find a Girl with an Fbody even if it's a V6 or just a Girl into cars even if she's into imports it's alot better than someone NOT into cars at all.

I guess my Guy got lucky, we both have the same thing and spend alot of $ on ours but we both race them. I couldn't be with a Man who didn't understand my passion when he see's what kind of cash goes into it and how I drive it OR god forbid told me NO to anything I wanted to do or what I wanted to drive.

It would never work out ever, a car person needs to be with a car person IMO.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

dang before I knew who you were, I though we had a on here.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive gone through 2 girlfriends that always bitched about me working on my car all the time and caring more about the car than I did them. You know why??? Because I did!

Camaro 2
Girlfriends 0
Old 09-19-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never met a girl that DIDNT like my car, thats pretty weird....Have you shown her what it can do ? that might shut her up as someone else has said... on the up side, if you do buy it its a total chick magnet so it will put alot more girls "in your league" so to speak
Old 09-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Import Patrol

once she is in the car and goes for a ride, she will change here mind
Old 09-19-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I got lucky. I have a loud jeep now and my girlfriend loves it. Her only objection to me wanting a T/A is that the backseat isnt big enough. That may be the only downside to the T/A But really, get and do what you want. Try to get her involved and to like it, if she can't accept it or support you and still complains then tell her byebye.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

Not to sure about all of that If she's better looking than you thing, Mine is alot better looking than me She loves cars but usally just mustangs But I got a 98 formula and she loves it, She wants to drive it all the Time I still haven't even let her drive it, not till i get to drive her 93 blown mustang, The point is Do what you want not anyone else, Buy her a newer civic to shut her up or something. If not pick up a few for with the new car for the rest of us
Old 09-19-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike2kZ
That's how mine is. She used to hate loud cars, now that my car is even louder she still loves it.

But she doesn't let me go to the track....
It wasn't the loud factor it was the chevy factor, her dad grew up building mustangs so we have some good conversations She loves loud she loves fast, just like every girl should? Was not impressive to a girl about a guy who can handle a car with well over 300 horsepower? If I was a chick I wouldn't date a guy who drives a bitch mobile. I think you need to pull down your pants, lift up your dick and show her your *****. You're a man, you don't need her approval for a car you buy.. and to come on here and ask us is just plain
Old 09-19-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Allergik2dyin
I guess I got lucky. I have a loud jeep now and my girlfriend loves it. Her only objection to me wanting a T/A is that the backseat isnt big enough. That may be the only downside to the T/A But really, get and do what you want. Try to get her involved and to like it, if she can't accept it or support you and still complains then tell her byebye.
Take out the backseats and the passenger seat. That will be plenty of room...it's comfy anyhow riding like that IIRC...
Old 09-19-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gotta go with the crowd here, she doesn't have to agree with it or participate, but if she doesn't at least support it, I'd take a real hard look at my relationship.

6 months ago I met a woman that not only supports my hobby, she loves the benefits she gets from it. She loves my Z, loves the cat back I put on it 3 months ago, said she doesn't even notice it anymore. I'm marrying her next year. My X wife, had me selling parts to support her habits, let alone I got stuck driving not fun vehicles, she would have probably tried to beat the hell outta me had I brought my Z home or anything like it. Either that or she woulda taken it and drove it and trashed it. Never again.

My advice, get your ride, if she can't handle it, to the curb.

Lol, one day, my GF and I were walking out of a restaurant to the car and a Harley took off like a bat outta hell and loud! She whips her head around, watches, then turns back to me and says, "You have got to get one of those!!!" with a big smile, I love her.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 777
dang before I knew who you were, I though we had a on here.
That's pretty funny, most Men figure anyone with a car like theirs must be a guy. I guess my Trans Am is the ***** I will never have.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 777
Take out the backseats and the passenger seat. That will be plenty of room...it's comfy anyhow riding like that IIRC...
Let's hope so, if not I'm blaming you haha. Either way it won't stop me from getting my ride. We will just have to adjust

Last edited by 777; 09-19-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My GF was dead set against me gettin the SS. She said that Fbods are loud and POS. I persisted.. and I have my dream car.... and now she says she can't imagine me driving any other car, and that it's perfect for me. Plus not she thinks the car is the hotness.

Quick Reply: should you buy a trans am if... (gf complaining)