New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should you buy a trans am if... (gf complaining)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allergik2dyin
Let's hope so, if not I'm blaming you haha. Either way it won't stop me from getting my ride. We will just have to adjust
I'll take credit for it, but you won't be blaming me, you will be thanking me
Old 09-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who the hell even listens to women?!? I do what I want when it comes to hobbies and stuff and my girlfriend deals with it. Mind you, we live together and have a very good relationship, but when it comes to cars and things like that I do what I want...
Old 09-19-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

god i love my gf...she loves fast cars, but isnt a materialistic bitch. she wants one when she's outta school to mod and take to the track she says...ive bought all 3 of those vehicles in the past 7 months and she's said "you dont need it...but since youll enjoy it...its all good"
Old 09-19-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man, i had a girlfriend..... HAD.... that didnt like fast cars at all, and back then i only had my 94 camaro with the 3.4 5spd. When i got my 98Z, she said it looked ugly, it was loud, and too fast. She said all this when i brought it to her place to show her, and i had 2 friends in the back seat at the time. Needless to say, that was seriously the last time i saw/called/talked to her. I actually felt a lot worse when i totalled my Z than when we broke up.... just a lil food for thought.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:00 PM

Get it. Gas will be around the same as the GTP.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Regular

Just Get the Damn Car.. If You want it, get it. If she doesn't like it, oh well. It's not like your gonna have trouble getting another girlfriend.

* I also agree with the Chick Magnet Statement! F-Bodies make girls go crazy.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Smack the woman for saying that about the TA and buy it!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jamnut
Call me a 36 year old Immature Punk.
Call me one too you punk! I'm also 36. I've been a punk since 18, with 4 different birds over the years.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Buy the car..don't look back you will not regret it..
Old 09-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Teching In

I'm in agreement with whoever said they were amazed to hear that it was an "immature punk" car from someone driving a Civic.

Hell... especially if you're under 25 and have a WS6 you have to be pretty mature, because unless you're a spoiled brat, there's no way you can afford the insurance without some budgeting.

I put cars before all else, which is why I'm still single. My cars spend enough of my money, and at least they don't complain and bitch.

Hopefully I'll have a new girl soon. An 02 NBM WS6 that is - gotta go make an offer later this week.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:18 PM
CT Hotness

Originally Posted by 954RR
Ok I have the perfect TA WS6 picked out from a member here on ls1tech. 2000 WS6 m6 with cam/ tune ls6 intake and a bunch of other misc bolt ons... new nittos in the rear and BFG KWD's in the front... for 13000! I sign papers on it next weekend.
The thing is is my gf has been bitching nonstop ever since I told her about it. I mean saying stuff like "TA's look like a big bird's beak sticking out" and they are for "immature punks". "They do worse on gas than a truck". Tons of stuff! She drive a brand new civic (which in my town you see more civics with rice mufflers driven by punks than TA's period not mentioning WS6's)
I am 24 have 2 more years of mechanical engineering school left, at least, and buying this car DOES NOT put me in a financial bind at all mind you.
I will be getting rid of my GTP with 97,000 on it for the TA so the question is;

I know opinions may be biased on the site towards this but everything aside

(1) Am I being irrational? I have wanted a TA ever since I restored a 78 with my dad when I was in HS.
(2) Is the TA with a TR 224 cam going to kill me on gas vs the GTP which does around 220-22 in town and 26 or so on HWY
thats probably the most idiotic thing ive heard. You do what makes you happy. That is an awesome deal for that car and she is the one being immature, what does she think she owns you? You do what makes you happy, period and if she really loves you then she will be happy for you. I personally think the only reason why she would be jealous is because you are spending $13,000 on yourself, when it could be spent on other things that benefit her if you know what i mean. Just my .02, from a chick that owns a WS6
Old 09-19-2005, 10:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kick her in the face
Old 09-19-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Luna
Kick her in the face
Two times
Old 09-19-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

buy the car or not, that girl needs to go. I am serious. I've seen too much of this and never ends well for the guy. Ditch her now and thank me later. Plenty of good (or bad, your preference) women out there who dig fast and loud cars (and respect their man's needs).

When my wife saw the yellow Z at the dealer's lot, she went "We are taking this car home today whatever it takes". That's what I'm talking about!
Old 09-20-2005, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

just buy the car, take her for a ride, and if she still doesn't like it, kick her to the curb u'll find another girl, cause that car is a "babe magnet" and oh btw thats an awesome deal ur getting, that LS1 must fly....
Old 09-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Staging Lane

Take your ***** out of her purse and get the car!

Oh, don't forget to SIIHP!
Old 09-20-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys are too harsh. lol
Old 09-20-2005, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by THE PUNSSHR
Just Get the Damn Car.. If You want it, get it. If she doesn't like it, oh well. It's not like your gonna have trouble getting another girlfriend.

* I also agree with the Chick Magnet Statement! F-Bodies make girls go crazy.
I get some looks, but "I" think I turn the chicks away, what the hell am I doin wrong? lol.

Then again, I've pretty much had a GF since I've had the car, and haven't cruised much with it.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=954RR]The thing is is my gf has been bitching nonstop ever since I told her about it. I mean saying stuff like "TA's look like a big bird's beak sticking out" and they are for "immature punks". "They do worse on gas than a truck". Tons of stuff! She drive a brand new civic [QUOTE]

You do not need advice on whether or not to buy a certain car, my friend. What you need to do is to grow a pair. You're not even married & she's got you twised into knots. Dump the chick & get the car.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont dump her. dont let something like this get in between you two. Its just a car. You can always get another one. Relationships are a 2 way street here. Its all about compromise, so give the girl a chance. If shes really serious about you not getting the car, then dont get it. Dont do things that will make waves in a relationship, its always gonna turn out bad. So just do what she says, and dont get the car. Then maybe go down to the Scion dealership and get one of those TCs. They are sporty and they look pretty nice IMHO. Later...

haha, im just kidding dude. Seriously, we cant make the decision for you, but i think you should definately get that car. Youll feel like youre a part of a team. When other Fbodys drive by you, youll usually get a nod or a wave or a rev. Its awesome. Just get the car already. Other guys on here have had their gfs/wives nag at them and it turned out that they really liked the car. Get it, see what happens. If she turns out liking it, then shes definately a keeper cuz this will be like one more thing you guys have in common. If she doesnt like it, then it wasnt meant to be anyway, since you are into Fbodys and she is apparently not.

Quick Reply: should you buy a trans am if... (gf complaining)