New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

425 rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

horsepower king.... Im sorry you're only making $8/hr... you should really ditch that job and try spending your time getting into a decent college.
And having excuses that start with "my parents"... well, you're just too young to know how funny that sounds.
You can spend thousands of dollars getting what you want out of an LS1 car. I know my short list is at $8500 in parts right now... and I havent even gotten into the engine or power adders.
I guess spending that much is silly when you can buy a $2500 motorcycle and go faster than a $30k LS1 car.....lol
Old 11-14-2005, 05:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm nearly 48 years old and I dreamed of having a fast street/strip car, when I was your age. It's taken me that long ... had a family in between ... LOL!!! If I were you, I'd buy a 2001 Honda and save money until I could meet my goals and THEN you would have that as a trade-in and be able to maybe swing a nice 2003 Z06 Corvette ... something that you could spend little on to achieve your power goals.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HorsePowerKing
well LETHL_SS what have you done to yours and what would mine be about puttin out now with the setup in my sig with port\polish and tune

I've got too much to list done to it. Basically huge cam, very high flowing LS6 Heads, Fast 90mm intake/throttle body. All of it port matched/polished together and finished off with an awesome tune. With the mods in your sig, I would guess somewhere at or just over 400rwhp but there are alot of varibles.
Being as young as you are, I would really look into saving your money for college and get a nice ride after you get a degree. If your broke.... theres no point in even attempting doing some major mods to your daily driver. Eventually it will break and will have to sit there while you are trying to round up some cash.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ill start where i finished off. First to you blkz28spt 8$/hr is high paying for my age, i do have a car, im not having ppl tell me anything...im getting help.

BlueSix ty for just giving advice and not discriminating.

Transgression i don't want a turbo.

WS6 GreeN ty for the advice.

Pro Mouse also ty for the advice i have a modded 79 El Camino now. lookin for somethin new (and fuel injected).

02WS6Bird ty for the advice and i know that they take money.

TurboBlew $8/hr is high paying for me, i cant attend college(im 15), i already have a scholarship to UT, and i hate motorcycles.

JEB99TA-i hate hondas

LETHLSS college is np, i have a nice car but ty for info on ur car

Now you stupid **** heads read the thread, I didn't have any questions about life advice. Just answer the ****** thread and give advice on the CAR. not my life i think im doin ok as of right now, so all of you who say to not worry about it now and givin me life advice you can go **** yourself and pound sand for all i care, im lookin for advice on a car! but ty for all others who werent discriminating about my age and just answerin my question.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Now you stupid **** heads read the thread, I didn't have any questions about life advice. Just answer the ****** thread and give advice on the CAR. not my life i think im doin ok as of right now, so all of you who say to not worry about it now and givin me life advice you can go **** yourself and pound sand for all i care, im lookin for advice on a car! but ty for all others who werent discriminating about my age and just answerin my question.

I think some (including myself) mentioned it because of lessons learned when we were your age. You can always think one thing and reality be something totally different..... very easy to do.

Wether or not you ask for it, people will always be giving you advice no matter what age you are. If you choose not to listen to it thats great, if not no big deal either but why go off with all the slander? In today's society, just be thankful there are people out there who are willing to take the time to tell you something that's useful.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i know but i hear it all day from other ppl i just went off my bad everyone
Old 11-14-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im sry yall i just hear it all day from all people. i have a passion for cars and when i use the comp for it thats all i want to do. so my bad hope you all forgive me . just so you know i spend time with a custom car builder on the weekends im just tryin to learn some more so i can put in more input for the engine. again sry shouldnt have gone off.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

@ $8.00/hr 30hrs/week youll be making $240 a week thats $960/month - Car payments, Taxes, Insurance, Gas (and lots of it) oil changes, commuting during downtime, fix-me-up parts, replacement for broken parts, security, and anyn other little things youll NEED to take care of on your own. expect near 25-100$ per month for performance parts. Trust me I'm only 16 I know this very well especially w/ 2 cars. your car will be done with that broad list ^ in approx 3-4 years w/ similar income IF nothing major goes wrong and all is smoothe sailing- Seeing that my dad is an Illinois State Police officer, i see how the cars are treated i understand the abuse they take, i've fixed a good amount of them they are NOT the car to buy by any means. Also i highly recommend getting your power on the pavement before building the motor up so much.

This is just to say, dont come out saying you want and are gonna get all this- hell i just bought my camaro about a month ago we'll say. I've spent $170 on gaskets alone and thats not even all the ones ill need! already bent a pushrod, rear end has a minor leak @ the diff. cover, engine has some sludge from the oil, slipped the wires out of the MAP sensor by accident, broke the PCV hose, replaced the shifter w/ a B&M ripper, ordered my longtube headers, fixed a tire w/ a screw in it. and thats just the BEGINNING! oh and changed brake pads. Tons of parts for sale now...

Good luck none the less but you must realize even if you THINK your making alot of money itll never be enough. I know i dont and i make on average 2000 a month
Old 11-14-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im 15 dont make car payments, dont pay taxes, insurance
Old 11-14-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

tryin to get the good stuff before i have to pay all that . BTW family said they would help out with payin for the car on my 16th. bout 2k worth they said
Old 11-14-2005, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

im 15 dont make car payments, dont pay taxes, insurance
I think everyone doesn't realize that your parents are paying for all that stuff. That means $960/month for mods and gas(?).
Old 11-14-2005, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What job do you do making $8 an hour when your 15?
Old 11-14-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's cool. It's all good ... understand your frustrations, as well. People here were trying to be helpful and give advice so you don't make the mistakes we did. You live in Roane County? I'm from there, myself.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Intersting comments here. I'm at 440hp and 420 tq with just heads and tr224 cam and of course all the bolt ons. 5.3 heads not ls6 but the numbers he's looking for are achievable with what he's got on the table. Maybe not 450tq but 410-420 isnt a problem and he doesn't need a 23x/23x cam to do it either. And no my motor is not living on borrowed time lol, the limit has been steadily seen at 500rwhp with some having success to 550. You will need a clutch which is not on the list and of course all the gaskets and head bolts and supporting stuff to do the instals as well.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 11-14-2005 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i live in the tri cities and i am working at a little sunglasses hut, mowin yards and washin cars on weekends
Old 11-14-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

02 camaro ss thats y im workin now to save up (my birthday is in may)
Old 11-14-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mowin and washin cars is extra that not included in 8/hr
Old 11-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98NBM_TransAm
What job do you do making $8 an hour when your 15?
I was making 9.75 an hour when I was 16 being a cashier. Once I graduated from highschool I could have made 13.25 (STARTING) an hour for the same job, but I wanted to move to Florida and go to school.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice wish I could make a little more
Old 11-14-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice avatar too

Quick Reply: 425 rwhp?