Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

425 rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HorsePowerKing
Now you stupid **** heads read the thread, I didn't have any questions about life advice. Just answer the ****** thread and give advice on the CAR. not my life i think im doin ok as of right now, so all of you who say to not worry about it now and givin me life advice you can go **** yourself and pound sand for all i care, im lookin for advice on a car! but ty for all others who werent discriminating about my age and just answerin my question.
FWIW: "Go pound sand" is a more polite version of "Go **** yourself".... I will give you a solid 10 for giving folks a piece of your mind though....
Old 11-14-2005, 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

I know you don't want life advice but sometimes the 2 have alot to do with one another so here's the absolute best car/life advice you'll get on the subject. Now that you've got a good idea from many on what to do to the car remember these things.

Stay completly away from a serious relationship.

Keep your dick in your pants.

Both will suck your money for your car out of you quicker than an 8 dollar an hour job can make. All those plans will need to change to later in life like alot of us have already experienced or you'll need a hell of alot better job which in turn, at your age, the more you make the more she'll spend so your car will still have to wait. Children cost money and diapers and formula come before heads and cam.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Violatorno1
I know you don't want life advice but sometimes the 2 have alot to do with one another so here's the absolute best car/life advice you'll get on the subject. Now that you've got a good idea from many on what to do to the car remember these things.

Stay completly away from a serious relationship.

Keep your dick in your pants.

Both will suck your money for your car out of you quicker than an 8 dollar an hour job can make. All those plans will need to change to later in life like alot of us have already experienced or you'll need a hell of alot better job which in turn, at your age, the more you make the more she'll spend so your car will still have to wait. Children cost money and diapers and formula come before heads and cam.
I couldnt have said it Better Violatorno1 ,Alot of us have been down this road!@ 8.00 per hr Have Car No Girl or Have Girl No Car
Old 11-14-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol its kinda hard when your partyin every friday night. but i "try" to keep it in my pants and my wallet too.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my wallet for now anyways savin is hard when you see so much you want
Old 11-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wtf is this the preacher site or what? I'm a freaking Dad and i dont feel any need what so ever to give this kid advice other than what he asked for. I see this all the time on here as well this isnt the only thread to solicit the Father Flanigan bridgade. If you fucked your own life up thats fine your an idiot we dont need to learn from your mistakes. If you made a mistake with your car thats different. We can all learn from broken parts or bad ideas thats what the site is for. If you want to preach Pm the person and save the rest of us the useless rhetoric.
theres my 2 cents
Old 11-14-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump...
Old 11-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Launching!

whats the driving age in your state?

Last edited by quiksilver9531; 11-14-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

i have some life advice to give whether it is wanted or not, besides keep your dick in your pants and all that.

we all know that it is easy to learn from your mistakes, and considering that, dont let that lesson mean that the first car you total is your prized posession 02 SS with all the mods. that lesson is much better learned with a beater.

on another note, i wanted a car with power right away when i started driving, me parents gave me a a 97 ford taurus (with the vulcan), thats a cool 145 hp, felt like 10 hp at the wheels. The car caught on fire while i was away at college because of what i will continue to say was a fuel leak (thats my story i'm sticking to it). at the end of my first semester of college i used the insurance money ($2800) from the ford and money i had saved up to buy my f-body. f**k ford by the way.

i guess what i'm trying to say is get what you want, and.....well thats it.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

oh yeah...i know somebody with a bolt-ons/cam car pulling 430rwhp, thats on a stick car, but its been good for mid 11 sec runs. big cam though. have you thought about just a big cam route? no heads.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

don't get an LS1 at age 15, you'll wrap it around a telephone pole
Old 11-14-2005, 11:03 PM
12 Second Club

02 camaro ss thats y im workin now to save up (my birthday is in may)
That wont be a B4C thats for sure. for 2 ok your parents will help out you might think itll be alot or whatever but they will back off right away trust me your parents im sure iwll have enough to deal with financially then to help you build your car. 400/400 is not hard to obtain, just an automatic will most likey not show you the numbers... my buddy has a large cam and some custom heads w/ a bigger stall and 4.10 gear he only has 360 rwhp but its a mid-low 11 sec car all day long.

These cars by no means are cheap at all the money you think you might have will go- once your employed if you recieve a CHECK your getting taxes taken out... 2000 and you want a good car to start with youll wanna keep it around the 60,000-80,000 range that should cost you a good 10 g's there... so well say you dont pay insurance, you only pay gas mod money and the rest of the car..you dont pay taxes.... 960 each month minus 100 for gas 60 for b/s ok 800 a month to pay for car and mod money...which is more important getting a car payed for so you cna claim it fully or modding a car and something go wrong or lack of funds? @ 800 a month itll take you @ least 10 months to pay this thing off.

I'm just letting you know that these cars are costly! and quality is what youd be better off getting not just whatever you can throw at it... Pacesetter vs Kooks/QTP some vast and large differences. good luck none the less but keep in mind this is going to take a good amount of time...ive had my T/A since i was 14- yeah thats right 14! w/ no job just doing anything and everything i could to buy that car fully.. had 10,000 of my own. recieved 2000 from my grandpa when he died and 4,800 was spotted by my parents... i have payed my parents back 4,000 of that which is more than they asked/expected. Car paid off took me 3 months but was bought in full. camaro cost me 5 g's this year...paid for completely. Pay my own gas, pay 85% of my insurance, pay for mods or recieve stuff as gifts of some sort/nature. I consider myself more than lucky but i still struggle like i said i get on average 2000 a month and guess waht its not enough! not even for 1 car! near 200 on gaskets and some sealers ALONE! so theres 1/4 of the cash youll have to pay for the car...

Should take you 3 years to get that mod list unless you happen to get spoiled or something i dont really know. It's hard, expensive but worth the time... the money however is very difficult to ome up with. I just did gaskets and sealers, i need new pushrods atleast, rebuilt tranny, clutch, rear, driveshaft, etc. too complicated. good luck once again but head my warning dont jump right into it
Old 11-15-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

first my state limit is 16 min driving age, i already have a el camino with 350rwhp so i dont think i will wrap it around a phone pole, i have always cared for mine and other ppls cars.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i also have an aunt that is prone to spoil me and my sister
Old 11-15-2005, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HorsePowerKing
first my state limit is 16 min driving age, i already have a el camino with 350rwhp so i dont think i will wrap it around a phone pole, i have always cared for mine and other ppls cars.

Have you even driven without a parent in the car? Obviously you can't legally drive without an adult to supervise you, so I wouldn't be making judgements on how you will drive when you get your license. Also, you need to realize that a few months of driving leaves you FAAAAR from experienced.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe hitting puberty would help first?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

how about you get the car FIRST and THEN work on mods?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive got my own car ive said that six times
Old 11-15-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and you dont have to have parents just someone over 21
Old 11-15-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and 67maro mines bigger than yours anyway