Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY got a 2000 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY got a 2000 WS6

Just wanted to say hey to everyone. I've been on the site for a little while now checking the classifieds and what not, and I finally got into a WS6. I've wanted a black on black WS6 since they came out, but can just now afford insurance/payment. The only drawbacks are that it isn't a true WS6 and it's an A4. It's got a factory hood and WS6 airbox though and I'll work on the suspension/exhaust stuff soon. I would kind of like to do the M6 swap though. I know a lot of people say to sell the car and get the one you want, but I couldn't pass this one up. I thought driving an auto would bother me, but it's not too bad. It does sound like the M6's get a lot better gas mileage though. I probably do about 80 or 85% highway driving and I'm still only getting around 21mpg. Not that I expect to get 35 or anything, but when you hear about people getting close to 30 and they have mods... How often do you find someone who wants to go auto for drag racing purposes? If I could find someone who wanted that we could swap out everything we needed and not have to worry about buying every little part to make a swap, right?

Again, just wanted to say hey and I'm glad to finally join the ranks! (except I don't shift gears )
Old 09-20-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats, post pics asap
Old 09-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Man, that was quick! Will do. I'm the third owner and the two before me were a little badge happy. They did put the WS6 badge on the back, but they put another one on the dash, a red "ram air" that I believe was from a Grand Prix or something at the top of the dash cluster, some firebird stickers above the vents in the fender, and a Pontiac arrow on the nose. All of those are gone now except for the rear WS6 badge. The guy before me also put some '01/'02 WS6 wheels on it, and I've never been too fond of them, so I might look into something different there too.

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 09-20-2006, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What wheels does it have on it now? 21MPG isn't bad, average A4 highway is around 24MPG stock, and 27MPG for a M6. The guys that get 30 usually have headers and an ORY, which increases MPG. I would say get a stall and you'll love your A4, but if your concerned about gas milage quite a bit, that may be a bad idea! Sounds nice!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Teching In

It's still got the '01-'02 WS6 wheels on it. I can't decide if I want to do something aftermarket or just go to the older WS6 ones. The good thing about that 21 is it seems like that's what I ALWAYS get. I'm on my third tank I believe and for the first two tanks, everyone wanted joyrides when I first show them the car. So if I can stomp on it a few times and still get 21, I'm thrilled! On the last tank, I was completely babying it, not going over 65 on the highway and was going to see what I got. Then my wife's car broke and she ended up driving mine while I drove my dad's truck, so I'll have to try again just babying it completely and seeing what I get. I've thought about the stall, and it sounds awesome, but I still kinda want the 6-speed. I don't ever really plan on taking it to the track and don't really street race much or anything. If I get any tickets, then I won't be able to afford it as easily. I just want a quick, fun car to drive. Not that my A4 isn't, but the M6 just seems like it would be more so for me. Plus, if it has a little added MPG, that's just icing on the cake. Besides, that was one of my arguments to my wife about the car. "Honey, it can get like 26 or 28mpg on the highway!" I know it sounds like it, but I'm not completely concerned with gas mileage, I mean to have 325 on tap and still get around 21 is pretty good, but if I'm able to get more why wouldn't I want to, right?
Old 09-20-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hear you bro. I almost bought an A4 TA but it sold, but that was for the better cause my heart really wanted an m6, so I found one in Ohio. It is a 99' and had 13,200 on it and bought it for 14,400. Did 65-70 mph the whole way back and got 27 mpg all fifteen hours back. I was thrilled and all about the first TA I found, but in the back of my mind I knew I would regret it 6 months down the road.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was 6 speed gung ho when I was looking for my LS1 car. I found My Z for a steal.. and planed on doing the 6 speed swap... to my suprise tons of people want to rid themself of the 6 speeed... you shouldnt have a hard time if you really want one..

I decided to stick with my a4.. When you have a big stall and a built tranny with a nice shift kit... there is hardly a 6 speed around that can take me from a stop...

Not to mention 6 speeds tear the hell out of 10 bolts. While stock a4's just suck *****.. get your a4 built and stalled and you will more than enjoy it..
Old 09-29-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and good luck!
Old 09-29-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Congrats.. Put a stall in the A4 and you will have a a ball in it.. Honestly the stock stall just makes the car feel like a pig..
Old 11-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Thanks again for all the replys guys. Two months later, I'm finally replying again. A little late, but as promised, here's some pics:

Before removing the birds on the fenders and the Pontiac emblem on the front:

And one of after they were removed: (Car was dirty, sorry )

I definitely like it better without them. Now I gotta do something about those wheels...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, after tonight:

Almost three months to the day I finally get the car I've wanted forever, I get hit! At least it wasn't too bad, but it still sucks. Unfortunately the rear quarter got hit the worst. I wish it had been the taillight and bumper so it would be easier to fix, but oh well. The insurance guy is supposed to call tomorrow so I can get the ball going on getting it fixed.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Ouch! Sorry about the scrape, that stinks! Woman driver or senior citizen?

On another note, yer lucky, my search for an LS1 Trans Am has ended for the winter, it's gonna be hard to find what I want in the spring....
Old 11-29-2006, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

damn, that sucks man, I have definatly seen worse........
Old 11-30-2006, 08:09 AM
TECH Veteran

dude badass WS6 tht sux u got hit, good luck
Old 11-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my trip to south texas I got 24mpg at the worst and 27.5 mpg at the best with 26-26.5 being the avg. ( I measured every 150-200 miles).

Sucks about being hit Looks like minor work though, no REAL damage. I hope you have better initial luck with YOUR car than I did with mine. (so far everything is fixed I hope on mine...just a run of bad luck but nothing serious).

PS. Leave it auto (manual conversions are a BITCH!!!!!!!) and get your foot out the gas, I got 25mpg on that same trip in my 95 LT1 A4 2.73 car (I know you have 3.23's but the LS1 is a more efficient motor, no?).
Old 11-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Canuck13: Yeah, it happened to be a woman driver. Why are you giving up searching? If no one drives them in the winter up there then you'd think it'd be easier to get a better price than in the spring when everyone wants one. Good luck with your search!

jwitt2: Yeah, it sucks. Definitely could've been much worse, but just the hassle of getting it fixed isn't going to be fun.

mycamaroSS: Thanks!

BLKWS.6: Good taste in cars. 24mpg at the worst sounds pretty dang good to me! I haven't gotten over 22 yet.

Yeah, it does suck. I just wonder if they can fix the fender or if it would have to be replaced. Can you really get behind the quarter panel in the corner above the lights to pop it out? What happened with your car? Do you mean the WS6 in your sig?

Yeah, I'm not 100% about the conversion yet. I do wish it was an M6, but the A4 definitely is convenient. As far as my foot, I went an entire tank without going over 65 and never got on it at all and still only netted about 22mpg. That's with 80% or so highway. Again, I'm not really trying to complain, even 19 or 20mpg isn't really bad considering the power our cars have, but if I can get more then I want my cake and to eat it too.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maul
Canuck13: Yeah, it happened to be a woman driver. Why are you giving up searching? If no one drives them in the winter up there then you'd think it'd be easier to get a better price than in the spring when everyone wants one. Good luck with your search!

jwitt2: Yeah, it sucks. Definitely could've been much worse, but just the hassle of getting it fixed isn't going to be fun.

mycamaroSS: Thanks!

BLKWS.6: Good taste in cars. 24mpg at the worst sounds pretty dang good to me! I haven't gotten over 22 yet.

Yeah, it does suck. I just wonder if they can fix the fender or if it would have to be replaced. Can you really get behind the quarter panel in the corner above the lights to pop it out? What happened with your car? Do you mean the WS6 in your sig?

Yeah, I'm not 100% about the conversion yet. I do wish it was an M6, but the A4 definitely is convenient. As far as my foot, I went an entire tank without going over 65 and never got on it at all and still only netted about 22mpg. That's with 80% or so highway. Again, I'm not really trying to complain, even 19 or 20mpg isn't really bad considering the power our cars have, but if I can get more then I want my cake and to eat it too.
I slid my 95 TA off the road...my 1/4 panel was DEMOLISHED, my cousin made it look factory new again. He is a STOOPID good body man though, I am sure yours can be fixed, mine was literally wrinkled like tissue paper and he made it look new inside the trunk and out.

My IAC went out and killed the car randomly and idles hung and it freaked me the hell out.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Ouch! I'm curious to see what they want to do to mine, fix or replace. I guess we'll see next week!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

lol. ive a 99 t/a and the way i drive. i doubt i get much better than 15mpg i know i fill the bastard up twice a week :\...whats worse is i live on base so i can walk to work (but why do that when i can smoke my tires all the way =D)
Old 12-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Lol, I know the feeling. There's always that temptation!
Old 12-03-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wish i had those wheels. i think they look better than the fat spoke versions.

as for the 21/22 mpg i would check things like fuel filter/ air filter/ spark plugs. if you weren't gassin it alot on the highway and still got that low somethin simple must be up. with the cruise set between 70-75 with a couple full throttle blasts on the highway i got 24-25mpg.