New 02 WS6
24.66%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: WS6 or Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill stick with my 98 hell put a cobra in front of me and ill rag it out aint buying one though no way ill stick with my ls1. plus the that cobras already modded whats the fun in that.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nukeemall454
ill stick with my 98 hell put a cobra in front of me and ill rag it out aint buying one though no way ill stick with my ls1. plus the that cobras already modded whats the fun in that.

exactly.....whats the fun in buying an already modded car? the whole point is to have fun modding it. just stick with what you got and put whatever you have saved up into it. and for all the mustang/cobra lovers, if an LS1 came blown straight from GM and was put up head to head with a cobras blown 4.6, we all know who would come up on top like always.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SatanzWS6
exactly.....whats the fun in buying an already modded car? the whole point is to have fun modding it. just stick with what you got and put whatever you have saved up into it. and for all the mustang/cobra lovers, if an LS1 came blown straight from GM and was put up head to head with a cobras blown 4.6, we all know who would come up on top like always.
TRUE, but nothing beats the sound of a mustang
Old 09-28-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
Ummm...not with 450rwhp you won't. You'll be seeing a lot
of tail lights.
I think he's referring to a stock cobra, and i hope you would realize that an LS1 with enough mods could beat a highly modded cobra or vice versa. It's all about the wallet. Don't get me wrong Unit, you're car is very nice and i'd love to have it, and it would kick my cars *** and alot of others, but when things like this come about you seem to think rather closed mindedly that your car or the cobra in general is the car to end all cars. Please, correct me if i'm wrong. i'm just stating how i kind of see it.

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
Sure something does, ever heard a cammed LS1 through TD's and Flowpro twisters. haha J/K man.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
ill give it that, as much as i hate mustangs, they do sound badazz. but, ive owned one before, and i wouldnt trade my TA for it.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
I think he's referring to a stock cobra, and i hope you would realize that an LS1 with enough mods could beat a highly modded cobra or vice versa. It's all about the wallet. Don't get me wrong Unit, you're car is very nice and i'd love to have it, and it would kick my cars *** and alot of others, but when things like this come about you seem to think rather closed mindedly that your car or the cobra in general is the car to end all cars. Please, correct me if i'm wrong. i'm just stating how i kind of see it.

Sure something does, ever heard a cammed LS1 through TD's and Flowpro twisters. haha J/K man.
I'll agree with you about Unit....Anyway I have heard my friends LS1 SS with full exhuast, TD, H/C/I and that **** sounded FUCKKKINNNN GOOOODDD!!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

ill give it that, as much as i hate mustangs, they do sound badazz. but, ive owned one before, and i wouldnt trade my TA for it.
Yeah I wouldn't trade my SS either, but I sure as hell can't wait to have the cobra....
Old 09-28-2006, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

I've heard stang's that sound beyond badazz, then i hear my friends GT with flowmaster 40 series with the side exhaust, and it sounds like a hollowed tin can. Not being an ***, but it seriously does!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'd go with the Cobra, personally. Of course, I have no brand loyalty at all. Look at my sig for further proof.

And holy cow, just noticed it was Sonic Blue.......those command a higher dollar that most other colours with the exception of comp orange (i think it's called) and mystichrome. BUY IT!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:11 AM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

mmm The Cobra is bad *** but Id drop a 408 in ur current ride and call it a day and see that Cobra in the rear view and still have no car note.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:13 AM
11 Second Club

Stick with the car you have and do something like this:

LME 408 forged iron short block $3,900
ETP 240CC heads $2,550
Ed Curtis custom cam $450
Fast 90/90 $1,100
Moser 9" $2,000
4L80E with converter $3,900
Suspension upgrades $1,000
Slicks $400
NX 200 shot with bottle heater $850
Misc stuff $2,000
Dynotune $350
Running 9's, sipping a soda and beating KB Cobras at the track *PRICELESS*

Your odometer may read 50K+ but the motor is new, the tranny is new, the rearend is new, the suspension is new and your attitude is DEFINATELY new. Terminators are definately bad *** but do you remember the end of the first two terminator movies? The terminators get terminated

But then again,

Your wallet is empty, your wife/GF is leaving you and your credit cards are maxed out

ahh screw it. It's cheaper to just get the Cobra
Old 09-28-2006, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smokey1226
lol wow, baised I THINK SO! To the Thread Starter. Who cares what these guys say its what you want in the end? Will you be happy? What are your goals, tons of power or looks? lets break this down...I am a Mustang guy own one, been around tons and my Cuz just bought an 03 Cobra. So with that in mind these cobras are NUTS! Even if you hate ford you cant deny that the Cobra is THE BEST BANG FOR BUCK CAR ON THE MARKET....nuff said! The car that you are looking at is probably extremely clean, not abused and will make around 510hp-525tq. Also add up those mods that are done to the cobra with the new axels, BAP, TINT, Pullied, Lower Pulley, Ported blower, HE, and everything else your looking at 5k EASY! Easy low 11's and if you can drive and have a good Tire you could possibly see 10.9's...Its been done quite a few times!
These times are not that hard to accomplish with an LS1...
Old 09-28-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EvoWake
These times are not that hard to accomplish with an LS1...
Old 09-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
Please, correct me if i'm wrong. i'm just stating how i kind of see it.
Ok...you're wrong.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

I would get the Cobra because it sounds like a great deal. Especially for all the mods it's coming with. And as far as the mods I'm going to have to disagree the guys on here who say "it's fun modding your car". Modding your car can get expensive, and can start take up a lot of time. Of your two choices the Cobra is definitely faster than the WS-6 and you're only spending $2k more. I highly doubt you could have the WS-6 going as fast as the Cobra for the extra $2k.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just dont think the 03-04 cobra has proved itself to be long term reliable like the ls1 has. and from what i hear after a few good runs there is much heatsoak in the engine that performance goes downhill fast.

Last edited by LT1-DAN; 09-28-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Car_Guy
And as far as the mods I'm going to have to disagree the guys on here who say "it's fun modding your car". Modding your car can get expensive, and can start take up a lot of time.
There are two reasons most people will advise you to buy a stock car and mod it yourself.

1). Because modded cars are usually raced, beat on and abused.

2). Because it feels more like your car when you chose what stall size, which clutch, what gears, what cam, what power adder or lack there of, and ultimately how fast you want it to go. It's definately expensive but does not have to be time consuming. Just pick the parts and pay a sponsor like New Era Performance to do the installs

If I were to buy Joe Shmos 9 second car it would still be fun to drive. But part of me would never feel like it was my car because someone else decided how fast they wanted to go and what route to get there. That's like buying a completely furnished house. You still get to live in it but you can't exactly take credit for the decorating.

Originally Posted by Car_Guy
Of your two choices the Cobra is definitely faster than the WS-6 and you're only spending $2k more. I highly doubt you could have the WS-6 going as fast as the Cobra for the extra $2k.
Definately true. But there was a third option. Keep the WS6 he all ready has. For far less then 22-24K he could have a whole new motor that will make his current WS6 run circles around either of the other two cars.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

There are alot of haters here and I do like my ls1 car, but I'd probably buy the cobra if it was in good shape and available to me locally.

Modding cars is a double edged sword....money, time, and LOTS of money for a car that is faster and has more quirks and worse driveability.

If I had all the money I've put into mods on different rigs over the last 10+ years I'd almost have enough for a new Z06 (even at 0% interest).
Old 09-28-2006, 10:49 PM
10 Second Club

No brainer here in my opinion. Keep your current car and mod IT! What has got you thinking that 60k is anything to worry about? If you want to have a different car to look at setting in the garage etc, then that cobra sounds sweeet! Otherwise keep what you got and have fun. I mean hell, it's YOUR car, so you know it's a good one.....unless there is some unmentioned problems
Old 09-28-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ram Air for the kill.