Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha not confused. I see your point.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Launching!

i think its dumb to compare N/A with FI. i had a cobra for a while yea it was cheap to mod but wouldnt hook with irs. so bolt a supercharger to an f body you still payed less then a cobra and youll hook. to me its better to compare a cobra from 01-02 when they still made f bodies. its be intersting to see what gm would have done with an f body if they were still around FI? any thoughts
Old 11-23-2006, 02:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1997bird
Well lets see here I went to college to become a mechanical engineer. So you would think that I am educated. Sorry, England has far smarter people than those in the USA. Lets see you probably don't see that many American designed cars, I do every day. Lets also see here that Duramax truck I was telling you about runs a 11.50 index class, at a altitude of 5200 ft. Where they were racing the altitude is about 6800 ft elevation (yes altitude does affect boosted vehicles too). I hope you make it out of the classroom and into the real world.

not takeing sides or saying this is better than that I love my LS1 and my dads LS6 and I like only like the 03'/04' cobra but a buddy of mines dad has a duramax truck with upgraded everything in it and what not and walked all over a 03' cobra.... with pulley, chip, tune and some other ****.... this car was no stock cobra it was a bad bitch......
Old 11-23-2006, 04:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Well lets see here I went to college to become a mechanical engineer. So you would think that I am educated.
One would think! Come on with a statement like that you are leaving the door open to be ridiculed

Sorry, England has far smarter people than those in the USA.
What is it with some of you guys who always have to bring racism into play. Please grow up.

And lets see yeah Americans are real dumb they only managed to land a person on the moon, invent the first reusable space vehicle. Build the fastest jet and rocket propelled aircraft and a whole list of other great feats which I really can’t be bothered to post (far too many)

Yeah guess you are right

Lets see you probably don't see that many American designed cars,
Really!!!!! Umm well lets see as Ford is currently the biggest car manufacturer over here I think you’ll find you are wrong.

And besides most cars these days are international not 100% from one country. Vauxhall is owned by GM as is Opel and Holden. They all sell the same cars but under different badges. Saabs are also using the same basic setup (platform/powerplants).

I do every day.
Really, I would never have guessed

Lets also see here that Duramax truck I was telling you about runs a 11.50 index class, at a altitude of 5200 ft.
So your proof a Cobra is no good because that truck beat it, then I guess a Viper, every Fbody every, Corvettes, many Ferrari’s, Porsches and so on are also no good because at that altitude they probably wouldn’t run any better.

Where they were racing the altitude is about 6800 ft elevation (yes altitude does affect boosted vehicles too).
Yes it does, but the diesel was boosted just as the Cobra was. Plus FI works well at altitude hence the vast majority of piston powered aircraft run some form of FI.

I hope you make it out of the classroom and into the real world.
Already have done with a BSc (Hons) degree

You obviously don't know what weight transfer means so I will open the classroom up.
You simply said a Cobra is over weight.

As for weight transfer yeah it’s a big issue and the Fbody is nose heavy even with the aluminium Ls1.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by unit213
The ignorance here sometimes is astounding.
Some of you seriously need to pick up a few (dozen) IQ points.

+1!!!!! Predator-Z in particular!!!!

Originally Posted by jpat1023
Originally Posted by Slick1851
Theres alot of stupied people....
Oh the Irony...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11-25-2006, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Again with this old topic The bottom line:

an 03 Cobra starts out faster stock, and is more expensive
an LS1 (F-body) is slower stock, but less expensive

In the end a 10 second LS1 is probably going to cost you less than an 03 Cobra running the same time, because of the initial car cost.

Quick Reply: N/A Mod ls1 vs mod 03/04 cobra