New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Mods That You Must Do(newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Mods That You Must Do(newbie)

Yep Ya Gotta Get A Lid..i Put An Slp Lid With A Smooth Bellow On My Camaro And...how Does Homer Say It? Woooo Hoooo. Man What A Difference. I Also Did A Strut Tower Brace. Wow...my Baby Gits It And S*&ts It. Its Like It Opened Up Its Guts And Its Handling Is Awsome. Gonna Jus Do Some Bolt Ons Now And See How That Goes. Just Wanted To Share That With Ya All...
Old 07-17-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

I've been on here since 2004 and I just ordered my SLP lid today... lol. I guess I'm a slacker.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmdale1984
I've been on here since 2004 and I just ordered my SLP lid today... lol. I guess I'm a slacker.
Three years to catch the mod bug. Woah.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bama mike
Yep Ya Gotta Get A Lid..i Put An Slp Lid With A Smooth Bellow On My Camaro And...how Does Homer Say It? Woooo Hoooo. Man What A Difference. I Also Did A Strut Tower Brace. Wow...my Baby Gits It And S*&ts It. Its Like It Opened Up Its Guts And Its Handling Is Awsome. Gonna Jus Do Some Bolt Ons Now And See How That Goes. Just Wanted To Share That With Ya All...
Heh, with my lid and SB, I hardly noticed a difference, and noticed only a slight difference with my STB, steering just felt more direct.
If you want some real results in the handling/ride department, pick yourself up some Koni SA's from stranoparts.com. Night and day difference, the car corners and rides so much better. Another mod I would suggest is new brake rotors (brembo blanks or duralast blanks) with hawk pads.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bama mike
***** and gets off just a lid and bellow????? i barely felt a diff from my lid and bellow, just a bit more top end pull for me.Get a better intake manifold and exhaust and you'll feel a seat of your pants diff.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ported TB would also be a nice little mod.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly the first mod i can say i got a seat of pants feeling out of was the headers. im doin motive 3.90s this weekend, then maybe a STB for the hell of it, but thats gonna be it other than a stall cause now its time for me to rip into the guts of the car!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Launching!

do the headers huge difference
Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blownta00
do the headers huge difference
from just a catback?Hell yea ORY and Headers will prob be the most feelable bolt on
i havent done mine yet so to date my ls6 intake was the most feelable
Old 07-18-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

If you liked the lid...you'll love a Stall!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

When I put on my SLP lid I didn't feel very much difference, if any at all. It felt a little bit smoother in medium acceleration I think...
Old 07-18-2007, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

mine seemed to have better throttle response and a lil more top end power...
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Launching!

If mods were like drugs:

lid = caffeine - just getting you started in the downward spiral, not even a really fun drug

catback = cigarette - like when you stole that single cigarette from your dad and caught a buzz for the first time when you were 13 - the logical next step, better sound and power, now you know what a real buzz feels like and you want more

headers= beer - now you are really feeling a buzz maybe even getting drunk with modding a little. You can buy expensive beer guinness/kooks or cheap beer Pabst blue ribbon/pacesetters its up to you to choose your poison.

intake/throttle body= marijuana - Time to spend more money and congrats now your buzz is illegal, just like when you deleted EGR and AIR and threw away your cats. Uh-oh youve reached the gateway mod...

tune = Ecstasy -you can spend money and get the good **** /good tune or you can skimp out and take your chances on some tune/E that was cooked up in a basement in Mexico

stall/clutch/gears = LSD - you'll be really happy after you do this one, the road will become a blur. unless again you cheap out and then youll be sick when your tranny or rear explodes faster then your heart

heads/cam = mushrooms - youll see and hear new things with your new lopey idle and power

Turbo/supercharger = Cocaine - you gotta be making some cash to afford this drug/mod, but you are really gonna have some fun and be hooked once you try it. youll be up all night working on your car too...

Nitrous = Crack - Cheap, addictive, fun to use and best of all dangerous and addictive. You might end up like bobby and Whitney...

drag radials = detox - this is the most logical mod/drug you ever did! what good is 1000hp or even 5hp unless you can get it to the ground!
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just spray a 150shot...you'll forget you even put a lid on there.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fastvert
If mods were like drugs:

lid = caffeine - just getting you started in the downward spiral, not even a really fun drug

catback = cigarette - like when you stole that single cigarette from your dad and caught a buzz for the first time when you were 13 - the logical next step, better sound and power, now you know what a real buzz feels like and you want more

headers= beer - now you are really feeling a buzz maybe even getting drunk with modding a little. You can buy expensive beer guinness/kooks or cheap beer Pabst blue ribbon/pacesetters its up to you to choose your poison.

intake/throttle body= marijuana - Time to spend more money and congrats now your buzz is illegal, just like when you deleted EGR and AIR and threw away your cats. Uh-oh youve reached the gateway mod...

tune = Ecstasy -you can spend money and get the good **** /good tune or you can skimp out and take your chances on some tune/E that was cooked up in a basement in Mexico

stall/clutch/gears = LSD - you'll be really happy after you do this one, the road will become a blur. unless again you cheap out and then youll be sick when your tranny or rear explodes faster then your heart

heads/cam = mushrooms - youll see and hear new things with your new lopey idle and power

Turbo/supercharger = Cocaine - you gotta be making some cash to afford this drug/mod, but you are really gonna have some fun and be hooked once you try it. youll be up all night working on your car too...

Nitrous = Crack - Cheap, addictive, fun to use and best of all dangerous and addictive. You might end up like bobby and Whitney...

drag radials = detox - this is the most logical mod/drug you ever did! what good is 1000hp or even 5hp unless you can get it to the ground!
haha thats great
Old 07-18-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea...the drug thing was 100% reality
Old 07-18-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
Just spray a 150shot...you'll forget you even put a lid on there.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:38 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

If mods were like drugs:

Thats a good way of breaking it down.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

mixed up headers with the intake one ur new headers are more likely to be illegal then a new intake and sry but crack is more exspensive then coke so it deff isnt cheap.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

If mods were like drugs:

This is one of the best posts I've ever read