New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender oh my :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My WS6 is screwed up. I have not tried to fix it.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I just proved you can have 4 double bloody Marys and fix your **** with some channel locks or Vice grips. I walked out to the garage, crawled underneath it and BAM.
Fixed.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine is like that but reverse it is bent in so the fender is super tight haven't tried to fix it yet but probably will.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:47 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,713 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by Gun5
anyway we can just drill the body and flush mount them so we dont even have to worry guys? make it alittle cleaner to.. I had read something from 2003-2004 on the site about this but pics where gone and the guy was gone aswell
Yep, it's very simple. Just drill 2 small holes, evenly spaced, through the bottom of the fender and into the body. Then run a couple self tapping flat-headed screws through, and use some touchup paint on the screw heads to match the fender. You'll never notice them, and it does look cleaner without the tabs.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i wonder why they ever stopped puttin those things on. both my 99 and 02 ss's had the fenders bulging out because of someone lifting them improperly. it irritated the hell out of me, even tho i did the channel lock mod.
as far as interior parts being discontinued, i know that white leather seat covers for the rear seats where discontinued before may of 2005, and they were available in 1999, so appearantly some stuff is discontinued before the 7 year mark.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

mine came with a driver fender like the OPs. bastards.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Teching In

I'm going on the fourth time this has happened to me. It appears the lift at this place is what is causing the problem. I know what your thinking, "don't go back there", but the only other place in town I don't trust! Yes, even after this!

I had a flat this morning and didn't have a choice. I mentioned to the manager that this had happened the last two times I had been there, he said he would make sure they jacked it up properly. Again I come back and the one is bent, the driver side is bent as well, but its inward and the fender is still in the right spot.

It's really not that bad, and I realize this is a easy fix, but after 4 times I'm looking for a "solution". Anyone ever find a fender saver part number that is still in production? Can the someone post a walkthru of flush mounting their fenders?

Every time I think about it I want to
Old 05-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Launching!

I hate to bump this older thread, but my car is doing this again... anybody around Chicago want to fix it with a more permanent solution I’ll toss ya 40 bucks or something? I'll even take it to a shop as long as it's not ridiculous to fix, I don't care that much about it to be honest... anyways just shoot me a pm.

I live in west town and work up by o'hare...

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Fender oh my :(