Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does a slipping clutch feel like?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
That's not a slipping clutch, or even a problem (or cam surge). That's not knowing how to drive. I think it has to do with the flywheel and momentum and stuff I don't know well enough to be able to describe. Lighter flywheels are worse about doing that. All manuals will do that if your shifting retarded or accidentally drop the pedal, etc.

If you want to know if your clutch is slipping, put it in forth at 55 and mash the gas. If the RPMS shoot up but you feel nothing, it's probably slipping. If it's slipping bad, you'll just be driving along and all of a suddon the RPMs will shoot up but it's like you're in neutral. At least, that's how it was in my other car way back when.
Well, i'm no newbie to driving my car (3 years now) and it never bucked like this before the H/C so i don't see how it could be me.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you tune it after all the mods you did? if not then you should expect it to be a little rougher riding around. When my clutch was slipping i noticed just normally crusing (rpms moving and no speed gain. to much play in the RPMS) i have never experianced a car bucking when its clutch is going out..it usually means you clutch is good and grabing hard hence the buck. Perhaps your just not giving it enough gas v. clutch pedel.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vrbas
Well, i'm no newbie to driving my car (3 years now) and it never bucked like this before the H/C so i don't see how it could be me.
That's just from not having a tune on the car. Sometimes I get a little cam surge when creeping through a parking lot.

I've always heard to put your car in 4th and floor it to see if the clutch is slipping. If your rpms shoot up then it's time for a new clutch
Old 02-14-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the clutch slips, does it make a light hum noise? Or does it only do that when it's worn badly?

Quick Reply: What does a slipping clutch feel like?