New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions about my header install.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about my header install.

everything has went really smoothly so far, i'm just waiting for my gaskets and then i can finish it up. my question is i haven't been able to find a place to get the rear o2's tuned out, should i just buy the simulators or just drive it till i can find a place to tune it. it is not my dd so it won't be droven much anyway. i'm from 30 min north of lansing so anyone that knows a place to tune it please let me know. thanks for the help.

p.s when i pulled the plugs out i noticed that they were ngk tr6's the car only has 50000 on. i was under the impression that the tr6's were for nitrous or highly modded motors. is that correct. i bought the car as a repariable at auction so i have no idea if it has been modded or not previously.

andy
Old 05-12-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

chunk those plugs and get you some delcos....the rears are going to do anything accept through a code...can you live with the light for a little while?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i was gona chuck thouse plugs as i had already bought some delcos. i can live with the light for now as it has only got 1500 miles in the last 2 years. i just wasn't sure if the light would hurt the performance any. thanks for the help i appreciate it.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

dont sweat the code being thrown its fine. i did headers a couples months ago and its annoying to look at but i'd rather wait till i get a tune rather than spend 100 bucks on sims, or however much they cost.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can always erased the code incase you get tired of the light
Old 05-13-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Regular

it will keep throwing the code if its just erased. i've done it.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i decided to just wait till this fall when i can do a cam and then get a full tune. i finished my header install about 3 today. it made all the cuts and cus words that came from it worth it to hear that sucker start up with open headers and watch it scare the **** of the guys in the shop that dint' know i was about to start it. lol. i got it getin custom dual exhaust dumped before there rear end with single chamber flowmasters. hopefully its still loud. i owe a lot of thanks to everyone on this site for all the great information. it made this install go so easy. i'll post some pictures in the appereance section this next weekd as i just got it repainted and new hood and some new rims. so every keep an eye out for it. thanks everyone for the help.

andy
Old 05-14-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bowtieboy10
it made all the cuts and cus words that came from it worth it to hear that sucker start up with open headers and watch it scare the **** of the guys in the shop that dint' know i was about to start it. lol. y
i agree that first open header start up makes it worth while