Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

475 rwhp possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ssfast99
okay first off you need to read how to get 500 rwhp NA by patrick G.

i would recommend you do a lot of research before you take anyones opinion and remember, 10k will go fast when you build a motor right.

I would build a forged 347ci. get off the shelf 3.905 diamond pistons, eagle 6.125 rods, ARP studs (main, rods, head studs). get a LS2 timing chain and LS6 oil pump. get AFR 205cc or TFS 215cc ( both are proven performers for the same price), a custom cam from patrick G. fast 92/92 setup and a good exhaust.

or

forged 408 iron setup with good headers, custom cam from patrick G, fast 92/92, and stage 3 243 heads.

stage 1 = stock motor with bolt ons
stage 2 = good exhaust, intake and cam
stage 3 = big bore (4.000 or more)

however, some have used the stage 3 with a stock ls1 bore but if you read patrick G's write up you will see that the head and cam choice are crucial to making power.

and yes you will need a 12 bolt for street setups with a truetrack or 9" with locker for street strip setup. the 9" will be better for a manual car that makes power and on slicks with big rpm launches.

the tranni will need to be looked at from T56 rebuilds in the future. if you have the money get a good dual disk clutch ( about $1200), but if short on money, my ram HD works well and i have heard good things about the spec 3+ (i had a bad experience with the spec 3).

this is all my .02 so if people disagree then explain why to help this guy.

here is patrick G's write up on 500 rwhp NA

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/732392-recipe-500-rwhp-heads-cam.html
that write up will be all the info you need and more!

but dont look just for power, get a good suspension setup so that you are ready for all the power. if you add tons of HP and your car cant handle it, you will end up spending alot more money sooner on broken parts. no point in massive power if you cant put it down. you have a manual so you want the 9", scrap the ls7 clutch idea. ive heard great things about the SPEC clutches. forged bottom end and then whatever is left get the rest of your car ready for the power, then next time you have $$ go H/C/I [true duals arent so bad to have it breathing right either!] 475rwhp would be great to have now and susp and everything else isnt as fun but i think youll enjoy it in the end when your car is ready for throw down great track #s
Old 06-25-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this camaro has a stock displacement 346 with 502 rwhp

502 RWHP LS1 346 c.i. N/A Camaro SS Dyno

-SLP lid

-Trick Flow 215 heads

-Dominator 2 cam 230/238/113 0.610 / 0.615

-1 3/4" ARH headers W/ORY

-Magnaflow catback

-25% U/D pulley

-LS6 MAF

-60 lb Motron injectors

-Fast 92mm Intake manifold

-Fast 92mm throttle body

-Textralia OZ700 clutch

502 rear wheel horsepower and 461 ft. lbs of rear wheel torque. This is the most torque ever produced by a stock displacement ls1 equipped with Trick Flow 215 heads! This car will soon be featured on the Trick Flow website.

Built, tuned, and dyno'd by Mike Kleman; Owner and founder of Rapid Motorsports. Home of Hot Rod Magazines Quickest Naturally Aspirated LS1 - April 2004

SEARCH IT ON YOUTUBE

Quick Reply: 475 rwhp possible?