New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

been thinking of joining the lsx side. . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default been thinking of joining the lsx side. . .

so i've been a diehard lt1 fan for years - i have a 95 lt1 b4c car never saw duty M6 car shes got 184k on the clock. . . .

now i've got enough money at the momment to get a decent heads cam and a low miles shortblock. . . .thing is - i've also found two lsx fbodys that are pretty nice. . .

there's a red one i've come across M6 car 2000 very clean looks amazing great interior motor looks like you can eat off of it. . . .problem is the car has 152k on the clock and the ASR light wont turn off even if i hit the button (have no idea what that's about). wants 7G looks to be like an older person drove it on trips. . .cars completely stock aside from lid!

then i met a guy whos got a white SS with 74k on the clock wants about 8G for his problems with it are - front bumpers a little rough motors been modified unlike the red (slighly mostly boltons ect) it has no radio no catback and the interior was replaced with ws6 leather seats. . .it's an M6

all 3 are camaros all 3 have their highs and lows - discuss. . .i'm intrested in your thoughts, i'll probably end up keeping the lt1 if i can however so dont worry about that.

Last edited by KriegerEhre; 07-28-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Id go ahead and pull the trigger on an ls1 if I were you, you wont regret it.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

i'm leaning twords the red one only because the thing is bone stock down to the snow flakes. . .and i know of plenty of lsx guys throwing cams in these things at well over those miles. . .the car hands down looks like it has maybe 30k miles - the previous owner was **** about it i can tell. . .
Old 07-28-2008, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go with number 3. The white SS has some tasteful mods and I consider the WS6 seats an upgrade. You didn't say if the SS was a 6Spd or Auto. If it's a manual, it's a no brainer. The red car is only worth about 5G so it isn't a good deal.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

agreed on what the red car is worth. . . .i'd rather have the white car due to personal intrest of colors the red one was just a little cleaner but of course looks can be more than what they really are . . . . and it's an m6 sorry thought i said that

oh i think it's actually in the for sale section of ls1 tech (the white one) very nice guy looks like it's about to get sold though. . .by the time i'd have everything settled to pick it up i'd imagine i'd be gone (that's another problem)
Old 07-28-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would keep looking on the LS1. If you don't need to trade the LT1 to get the LS1 I'd keep that car too. 150k+ on the clock might be too much for me.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

word. . . .been discussing that with a few people - meh the ls1 is more of a side project for me i've got the money to get one (or atleast to put a damned good down payment on one) . . . .i just want to have the best of both worlds - i love my lt1 but i want to be able to pass grandma past 50. . . .
Old 07-29-2008, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

agree'd you wont regret getting an ls1,and they are easier to work on then a lt1...also go with the 74xxx ss doesnt sound like a bad deal and who needs a catback anyways...either way goodluck man and i hope you enjoy whatever car you get,well i know you will enjoy..
Old 07-29-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

It isn't how many miles are on a car, it's how the miles are put on a car. I'd take 100k interstate-cruising miles at 70 mph over 50k track-abusing miles any day.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

My advice is always to wait if you can afford to, and travel a little if the price is right.

The red car may be in good shape, but it's a little long in the tooth for $7,000. I've seen plenty clean, lower mile examples go for that price, give or take. The SS could be a decent deal if it's not ragged out. What's wrong with the bumper and where'd the radio go?

You're in Texas man! There ought to be plenty nice F-bodies for sale somewhere around there.

Don't buy in haste. Too many good buys out there, especially these days.