New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

z28 and SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, however im not sure if there are diffrences in the canadian models but the u.s. you could get and SS as just appearence.. and option up from there. However im not 100% sure about the exhaust but intake and suspension were options
Old 08-09-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
Also, just for the record:

I went outside and climbed under my WS6 to get the muffler numbers to see if you were indeed correct (since that would mean that GM had left themselves wide open for a false advertising lawsuit). I went on GMPartsDirect and looked up the stock f-body mufflers and they DO show different mufflers (and part #) for those equipped with the "Performance Pkg" (WS6).

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0
Well since no two cars put out the exact hp numbers it would be hard to hit them with false advertising especially when they werent short changing you. id like to see that, "judge GM says my car is a ws6 and should make 325 hp im upset! (GM lawyer) "object your car makes 345hp at the crank whats your problem" you "um well you see you falsely advertised 325hp when it makes more um" GM lawyer "Fine we'll detune your car for you"..
Old 08-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by z28bryan02
Well since no two cars put out the exact hp numbers it would be hard to hit them with false advertising especially when they werent short changing you. id like to see that, "judge GM says my car is a ws6 and should make 325 hp im upset! (GM lawyer) "object your car makes 345hp at the crank whats your problem" you "um well you see you falsely advertised 325hp when it makes more um" GM lawyer "Fine we'll detune your car for you"..
No the false advertising would have nothing to do with the power being made, it would be centered around what is listed in all of Pontiac's advertising and marketing material for the WS6 and on the window sticker as a standard part of the WS6 Package. Part of the package is "Specific Low Restriction Dual Exhaust System".
Old 08-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
No the false advertising would have nothing to do with the power being made, it would be centered around what is listed in all of Pontiac's advertising and marketing material for the WS6 and on the window sticker as a standard part of the WS6 Package. Part of the package is "Specific Low Restriction Dual Exhaust System".
That can be the stock exhaust sytem that came on most of the LS1 Fbody's. Where does it say special exhuast made just for WS6 packages? And who gives a **** anyways stock exhaust is ****.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this thread is ******* stupid.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree
Old 08-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by peter griffin
Where does it say special exhuast made just for WS6 packages?
That's what "specific" means; specific to that package.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Teching In

wow... why don't you take your "custom made" Ferrari and go make sweet love with it then... I'm mad at my self for reading this thread and wasting my time to post twice in it....
Old 08-09-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

you can get that same gearing in a z28 or base ls1 firebird. the suspension difference on a z28 and a ss isnt going to make a noticable difference in 1/4 mile times when the motors are putting out the same power-the cars dont have different exhuasts, they may have different mufflers.
you can actually find a thread where they dyno'd corvettes vs camaro/firebirds and the vettes dynod lower. how many people have to say it, ss/ws6 are not faster.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

no, everyone stop, sonicbooboo says WS6 has 15 more hp, it has to be law, lets dyno them and find out, wait a minute is that called 'dyno racing' or just finding out that ws6 makes same horsepower at wheels that the lowly formulas, z28's, and regular t/a's make, i am speaking of your bullshit 305 to 320, there is no difference cause they cant measure the horsepower at 100mph when a damn hood is kickin in, jesus i feel stupider just for being involved in this, screw it, i am gettin a ferrari ws6 dammit
Old 08-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Forget it, I give up. Not once in this thread have I said there is a big difference between the "Ram Air" and non-"Ram Air" package vehicles, yet all the morons looking for a flame-fest just can't seem to comprehend the idea of a civil discussion. You're right, I'm a ******* retard because I want to find out the truth and I know absolutely nothing about cars because I choose to point out mistakes in others arguments. And yes, 02silvaZ, I am a massive elitist and I think I am superior to you because you are a weak sister that doesn't have a WS6

To the TS: To answer your question, the SS and WS6 packages are only sticker packages that actually make your car slower. Unless you are some kind of LS1 noob that wants to get ripped off, STAY AWAY FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Wow....
Old 08-09-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet jesus christ. Cant we all just agree that stock sucks? I mean our stock cars are better than alot of modded cars out there but come on.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:02 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Exclamation

Do a search and stop fighting.