Sponsored by:

will i gain HP if i cut my muffler off

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=chevrunner21;10009766]
Originally Posted by 180ls1

i now get what you mean but basically it sounds like more work than you have to for nothing. cut it off where its already aiming down dont waste your time turning it and save your money for a real exhaust. i only did a cutout because it was cheap and sounds great when i got the spare cash im gonna worry about a cat back.you can just make one cut and its done. plus with the cut after the rear you dont get as much interior noise. and dont get cocky i misunderstood it my bad but now that i get it it's still more work thats not needed.
well it will look better because you will not have that tube sticking out behind the rear axle, a lot of people think dumped exhaust looks better on our cars anyways. And all the "extra work" will take 2 mins. Just loosen the bolt clamping the i pipe to the y pipe ans then turn the i-pipe 180* then tighten it down. That is it. And it will look much better.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well whats the verdict? do you like the sound?
Old 08-29-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF you find you don't like the sound, you could always put a bullet muffler in the ipipe and then a turndown after. Dynomouth it's referred to. Good sound, flow comparable or better to any catback (except for true duals) . It's a dynomax race bullet, cost 40bux. Probably cost you 100 total installed from a muffler shop.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh man didint get a chance to do it today was at a car wash raiseing money for a funeral for my g/f cousin (17yrs. old) who just passed away, but 2morrow ill do it up ...thanks guys appreciate everyones info

Quick Reply: will i gain HP if i cut my muffler off