New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Build?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Build?!?!?!?

I have a 1995 Z28 convertible 6-speed. What kind of suspension do i want to run to get it nice and stiff?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Teching In

I'm going to be buying sphon. The torque arm I had on the 97 was incredible. Made me a repeat customer for sure
Old 09-02-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-16/

*search function*

will answer everything you could possibly know about suspension
Old 09-02-2008, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

strano/koni is the best spring,shock combo, and get his phb, and sway bars, that will be a mean car.

stanoparts.com and talk to sam. he's a beast.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Can't go wrong with Strano stuff. Give him a call and he'll give you the straight poop on what you need to do on you car.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you looking to lower the car?

if you are than the strano springs and revalved bilsteins or Koni adjustables are a good choice.
another tried and true spring setup is the eibach prokit.

if you're not so inclined to lower the car, a GOOD set of shocks will do wonders even on stock springs. the Koni adjustables are the topp choice, with bilsteins close behind.

sway bars will keep you level in the curves
panhard bar and lower control arms keep the rear end geometry in check (adjustable panhard if lowering).
a torque arm is a great upgrade but $$$, at a minimum get the $20 poly bushing for the front mount of the stock torque arm.

and as far as i'm concerned all our cars can benefit from sub frame connectors. for the average car any of the available 2 point setups will work just fine, boxed or tubular. they all help.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Strano springs and sways + Konis = KILLER but $$$$. I LOVE mine. Search the suspension forum and you will learn the Eibach kit is not very highly thought of but the LT kit has stiffer back springs than the LS to help keep you off the bumpstops so it is a little better. Strano has a bunch of research and autoX championships to back his stuff up. Top shelf = Strano if handling is your want IMHO.

BTW last I checked there were no more strano revalved Bilsteins available but maybe its changed?
Old 09-02-2008, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

u wouldnt believe teh difference that just subframe connectors can make. my umi 3points that are bolt on type fit awesome. dont hang down low. gotat realy look to find em. also umi also offers a great suspension package featuiring sams spings and adj koni and a whole slew of stuff for a good price. it wil make ur car handle liek its on rails fm what i hear. i am waiting teh install of the stuff form sam and more suspension parts. but my lower control arms and subframes made a HUUUGE difference in my eyes.