Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big nitrous, tune, and cage advice needed, getting back in the game..

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Question big nitrous, tune, and cage advice needed, getting back in the game..

me and the SS were involved in the whole Fastech bankrupcy episode a few years ago and things with the car just went down hill after that so i got out of the car scene these last few years but im ready to back out there on the tree and need some advice.

1. nitrous kit. looking for something in the 250 wet shot range. ive got a old NOS 100 dry kit on the car now. (well not working, WOT switch and misc wires never hooked back up after new motor) so it would be great if i could find a kit without the bottle and main no2 line. but would prefer a kit as i need instructions cause i dont want to blow my **** up. (read: dont know what im doing. installed the 100 kit myself with no probs) im running a 85 maf/ fast 90 setup. suggestions?

2. would need a tune. its got a tune now. but its mega fat, loads up and occationally fouls plugs at stop lights so rich, and SES flashes after idleing for 1-2 minutes. also wont idle with AC on. and obviously would need to be tuned for the new 250 shot. suggestions?

3. cage. looking for a cheap and light option here, just to get past tech. suggestions?

will be running 16"(wheel) slicks. currently putting 432HP NA with the fat tune. would like to see 650 on the bottle? any and all help would be greatly appreciated. :help:

current mods
LME Forged 347*Wiseco -2cc Forged Nitrous Pistons*Callies Forged Rods*MJ2 Cam(232/240 .607/.608 112)*Comp Cams Hardened Push Rods*Ported Oil Pump w/ High Pressure Spring*PRC Valve Springs*PRC Titanium Retainers*Stage 2 4.8L Heads*2.055/1.60 Ferrera Valves*Ported F.A.S.T. LSX 90mm Intake*F.A.S.T. 90mm Throttle Body*Custom Tuning by Mike *K&N FIPK*SLP 85mm MAF*SLP Long Tube Headers*SLP Off-Road Y-Pipe*Dynomax Bullet Muffler*Rear O2 Sims*NOS 5177 Nitrous Kit*CAGS Delete*Moser 12 Bolt Rear End*33 Spline Axles*Eaton Posi Unit*Richmond 4.10 Gears*Polyurethane Sway Bar Mounts* BMR Torque Arm*BMR DS Loop* Polyurethane Motor and Tranny Mounts*EGR Delete*Taylor 10.4 mm Plug Wires*A.I.R. Delete*RAM Powergrip HD Clutch*LS6 Master Cylinder*LS6 Slave Cylinder*Vented & Slotted Rotors*Hawk Brake Pads
Old 11-13-2008, 02:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

obviously it depends on your budget but i would go with a direct port. You could use a dual nozzle two stage kit that would work well. But going above 200 my frist recommendation is always a DP.

Not sure where you are at in texas but there are plenty of good LSX shops that could tune the car for you.

I bought a wolfe racecraft (sponsor) roll bar for my car. Very good price and very easy to install
http://www.wolferacecraft.com/
Old 11-13-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

yeah due to budget DP is out of the question.
would like to keep the kit under $900
Old 11-13-2008, 02:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS 2
yeah due to budget DP is out of the question.
would like to keep the kit under $900
then i would def. recommend a two stage. As long as your dry NOS kit is working well, i would just use that as your first stage and maybe add on a wet plate kit. you could do 75/175 or 100/150. Our microedge controller would work well with a dual stage setup like this and is loaded with features.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=308&page=1
Old 11-13-2008, 02:45 PM
FormerVendor

heres the roll bar i went with, its bolt in style so its pretty easy to install

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=246

i think they have a pretty good sale around christmas time.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
then i would def. recommend a two stage. As long as your dry NOS kit is working well, i would just use that as your first stage and maybe add on a wet plate kit. you could do 75/175 or 100/150. Our microedge controller would work well with a dual stage setup like this and is loaded with features.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=308&page=1

was hoping for a simple setup. no familiar with how the 2 stage works. my 100 was simple. flip a switch and it turned on 100 horse (well not to the ground) like turning on a light bulb. no electronics, no timers, or delays or seperate shots etc. was trying to keep it simple, but need to keep from getting a big boom too. i guess ill have to research how the 2 stage works. thanks for your time any quick responces.
anyone else feel free to suggest.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:26 PM
FormerVendor

I wouldnt do a single stage 250 shot, thats why i recommended the dual stage or you could progress it. You will def. need a device to pull timing unless you want to do it through the tune.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

Best of luck, I'm debating on finishing my build as well....go for broke. IF you're like me, it won't take much LOL

-Will
Old 11-14-2008, 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

any specific kit recomendations guys?

i noticed nitrous outlet had alot of bottleless kits.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

I'd advise that you just go ahead and get a direct port. I'm not a fan of spraying more than 200 through the front of the intake

-Will
Old 11-17-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

this kit kinda peaks my interest. only 200 shot so #7 should be safe.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=3052

*Nitrous Outlet GM EFI LS1 Plate Systems
*The EFI Nitrous Plate that Revolutionized the Nitrous Industry.
*Machined with six nitrous and six fuel discharges for the BEST atomized mixture possible.
*Machined plate to allow factory O-ring gasket for the best seal and fitment possible.
*Black anodized plate with Nitrous Outlet laser etched on the top for a sexy look.
*Jetting from 50-200 HP

NO-10108-00: LS1 90mm/LS2 EFI Plate System w/o Bottle $ 587.99
LS1 90mm /LS2 EFI Plate System.
Includes Jetting for 50, 100, 150, 200hp.

were are the fuel parts? or do i have to buy the fuel side seperatly?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

The fuel supply taps into the test port on your fuel rails, the parts are included in the kit.

That kit will work fine for you. And you are close enough to pick up the parts to save on shipping.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

I'm sure you don't want to hear this, and please don't take it as disrespectful, but honestly 250 is a giant leap from 100, especially if you're not too familiar with nitrous. There will be a lot more involved with spraying a larger shot and I most certainly wouldn't recommend spraying it in front of the intake. If you're having trouble with the tune now, I would also resolve that first. There are plenty of sponsor down in your area that are capable of fixing it for you.

If its been a while since you last sprayed, maybe start out with a smaller shot and work your way into the larger shots? Or break it up into stages like Mike suggested and start out only running the first stage.

We also offer the kits minus the bottles, just give us a call. Thanks.

Nick
Old 11-18-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
The fuel supply taps into the test port on your fuel rails, the parts are included in the kit.

That kit will work fine for you. And you are close enough to pick up the parts to save on shipping.
so i dont need a stand alone fuel system? that would be great. it gets its fuel from the rail. much simpler. probly time to upgrade my stock fuel pump and injectors though first.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
I'm sure you don't want to hear this, and please don't take it as disrespectful, but honestly 250 is a giant leap from 100, especially if you're not too familiar with nitrous. There will be a lot more involved with spraying a larger shot and I most certainly wouldn't recommend spraying it in front of the intake. If you're having trouble with the tune now, I would also resolve that first. There are plenty of sponsor down in your area that are capable of fixing it for you.

If its been a while since you last sprayed, maybe start out with a smaller shot and work your way into the larger shots? Or break it up into stages like Mike suggested and start out only running the first stage.

We also offer the kits minus the bottles, just give us a call. Thanks.

Nick
no disrespect taken, i tryed to make it clear i was a start again newb. its been 3 years since i sprayed and i had the easiest of simple kits with the 100 dry. so my knowledge base is pretty much nill.

yeah i had planed to install the kit with 50 or 100 jets, and then take it to a shop to have the NA tune fixed, and then start tuning it with the bottle slowely bumping up to the 200. ive decided to lower my goal to 200 shot to keep #7 safe as i dont want to go to DP.

keep the advice coming fellas, its all greatly appreciated.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:32 PM
FormerVendor

no disrespect taken, i tryed to make it clear i was a start again newb. its been 3 years since i sprayed and i had the easiest of simple kits with the 100 dry. so my knowledge base is pretty much nill.

yeah i had planed to install the kit with 50 or 100 jets, and then take it to a shop to have the NA tune fixed, and then start tuning it with the bottle slowely bumping up to the 200. ive decided to lower my goal to 200 shot to keep #7 safe as i dont want to go to DP.

keep the advice coming fellas, its all greatly appreciated.
I think this is a very wise decision.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:38 PM
FormerVendor

so i dont need a stand alone fuel system? that would be great. it gets its fuel from the rail. much simpler. probly time to upgrade my stock fuel pump and injectors though first.
Without a doubt swap the stock pump with a higher flowing pump with a hotwire kit, like the racetronix.

You're other question really depends on how much you're spraying. There are quite a few guys using the in tank pump upwards of 200 with good results, however you need to keep in the back of your mind that you're relying on a rear mounted regulator to keep things in check. There are ways around that though but what I cannot stress enough is to always err on the side of caution when using nitrous. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks.

Nick
Old 11-18-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

should i replace this regulator? car has 115k on it. or is this something new that comes with the new racetronix setup.

what is the other option? to elimiate this rear pump risk.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

upgrading to a reg/return at the fuel rail. UNless the car is having an issue holding Fuel pressure and you know the pump is good...the regulator is most likely OK
Old 11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

ok so sounds like my reg would be fine. are you also saying that my stock pump would work? or are you still recomending the racetronix, but saying the reg is fine.

you guys have been invaluable.