Sponsored by:

I'm Back, and You Thought You Got Ric of Me, lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quickblade
Robert, welcome back.....

What dry plate is this...... I am looking for a nice dry plate and I would like to see what this one is... I was on the harris site looking and did not find..

If you could put a nice linky for my.. thx..
My set-up will be the first Dual Stage.
Robert
Old 12-14-2008, 03:24 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2-stage dry DP on my LT1, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 03:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Speed Density
I have a 2-stage dry DP on my LT1, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, first to do a DP dry and 2 more stage of dry on the Plate with dual Interfaces and special adapter harness ultilizing the stock PCM, all 3 after the MAF style dry. The point was a new way to fuel the LSx platform. How are you fueling yours? Oh yea and the 1st stage will be progressed using the stock injectors/PCM.
Robert
Old 12-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Dynojet Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
OK, first to do a DP dry and 2 more stage of dry on the Plate with dual Interfaces and special adapter harness ultilizing the stock PCM, all 3 after the MAF style dry. The point was a new way to fuel the LSx platform. How are you fueling yours? Oh yea and the 1st stage will be progressed using the stock injectors/PCM.
Robert

so, how do u progress the stock injectors??? some of us would like 2 know....
Old 12-14-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by VH5150
so, how do u progress the stock injectors??? some of us would like 2 know....
As of Sept all Interfaces have the ability to be progressed. If it was shipped before sept then it needs to be sent back to HSW for the upgrading. It's absolutely amazing what we can do now with the dry shot. One year ago, a DP dry using the Stock PCM was unheard of, and now we can progress it also if we like. On top of that, we are now going into Beta testing running dual stages with the Interface(s) running the stock PCM/Injectors. I should have results in next couple weeks. What is really great about all of this, it will be plug and play and forget it, all automatic, where anyone can set-up there system without the need of a lap-top or full tuner program. Though having a tuner program is plus for anybody doing this stuff, if not just for logging capabilities.
Robert
Old 12-14-2008, 07:08 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ That does sound very nice. The tuning capacities of the dry system have really come a long way.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:26 PM
9 Second Club

Welcome back Robert, Any new track times or dyno #'s on your car?
Old 12-14-2008, 09:11 PM
hashtagBMW

How are you fueling yours?
With Gasoline.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Welcome back Robert.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

Glad to have you back. You were always help full with my questions. I was upset to see ya go and very excited to see ya back. Your a great contributor to the nitrous community.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Good to see you back!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks again everyone, it's nice to back.
Robert
Old 12-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by speed density
with gasoline.
lol
Old 12-17-2008, 03:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

With Gasoline.
The reason i asked was if your doing it similar I think that what i am doing would also work on the LTx platform. I didn't mean to sound cocky, just the way I am sometimes, lol. But the fact is, the Interface also works on the LTx, so just wondering how your fueling it currently.
Robert
Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

As of Sept all Interfaces have the ability to be progressed. If it was shipped before sept then it needs to be sent back to HSW for the upgrading. It's absolutely amazing what we can do now with the dry shot. One year ago, a DP dry using the Stock PCM was unheard of, and now we can progress it also if we like. On top of that, we are now going into Beta testing running dual stages with the Interface(s) running the stock PCM/Injectors. I should have results in next couple weeks. What is really great about all of this, it will be plug and play and forget it, all automatic, where anyone can set-up there system without the need of a lap-top or full tuner program. Though having a tuner program is plus for anybody doing this stuff, if not just for logging capabilities.
Robert
I had a feeling they were close to getting progressive fueling with the top end fueling feature. Will the Interface upgrade progress the Nitrous noid as well or do you need a separate controller, i.e. FJO? Also, if Nick could chime in as to what the cost will be to upgrade an existing Interface to progressive, I am very interested in not destroying my tires in third gear when it hits.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

With Gasoline.
lol
Old 12-17-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JoeMama's GTO
I had a feeling they were close to getting progressive fueling with the top end fueling feature. Will the Interface upgrade progress the Nitrous noid as well or do you need a separate controller, i.e. FJO? Also, if Nick could chime in as to what the cost will be to upgrade an existing Interface to progressive, I am very interested in not destroying my tires in third gear when it hits.
The Interface allows the progressive controller to work through the PCM to the injectors, so what ever window switch controller you choose needs progressive capability. yes it will controll both n2o solenoid and PCM, or fuel noid/n2o noid. HSW is working on a progressive controller, and the current Angle progressive controller they have will only work for the small amp load solenoids. I am sure Nick can give specifics on this stuff better.
Robert
Old 12-17-2008, 03:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JoeMama's GTO
No it would not pulse the nitrous solenoid. It will only mimic the pwm of the progressive controller to "pulse" the injectors for the fueling. So you will need a progressive controller.

Not to get into any specifics, we are constantly coming out with new little toys...

Upgrade is free, you would just have to cover the shipping costs. Just send it back to us for the update and contact info to send it back to you.

Thanks!

Nick
Old 12-17-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

We still are progressing the n2o noid, right, other wise we would go lean and burn the motor up. So the n2o noid is getting pulsed directly, not through the Interface?
Robert
Old 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
FormerVendor

We still are progressing the n2o noid, right, other wise we would go lean and burn the motor up. So the n2o noid is getting pulsed directly, not through the Interface?
Robert
Exactly, the progressive controller will sort of be in control of the nitrous end of the scenario while the Interface will control the fueling. The Interface does not do the pulsing of the nitrous noid, the progressive unit does.

Thanks.

Nick