Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Back, and You Thought You Got Ric of Me, lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a better way so i think we all can see it. When the progressive controler sends the pulsing signal, it goes to the Interface for injectors/fuel and also goes to the relay that controls the nitrous solenoid(s). I will add one key word to my prior post to make it clearer there too.
Robert
Old 12-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hmm, that isn't how I interpret Nick's post ^^. What I got out of it was that the progressive controller is soley responsible for the N2O noid and does not hook up to the Interface. Instead the ramps of the Interface and the progressive controller must be matched for proper operation. Although it could go either way as the wording is loose enough to allow for that.

Oops, nevermind, Nick's 1st post does indicate that the Interface would mimic the progressive's pulse width and therefore automatically match ramps.

Last edited by JoeMama's GTO; 12-18-2008 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Being dumb
Old 12-18-2008, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeMama's GTO
Oops, nevermind, Nick's 1st post does indicate that the Interface would mimic the progressive's pulse width and therefore automatically match ramps.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Here we can see the signal going to both. So when stge 1 is being progressed, the n2o solenoid and Interface both know it. Drawing is by Mike Monaco whom just set his up this way.

Robert
Old 12-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the FJO being able to control (2) stages are you going to have to use (1) Harris Interface for each stage for proper fueling or is Harris got a multistage interface in the works for those who are spraying multi stage dry shots. Or even better a controler that will beable to do it all in one unit.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Reaper SS
With the FJO being able to control (2) stages are you going to have to use (1) Harris Interface for each stage for proper fueling or is Harris got a multistage interface in the works for those who are spraying multi stage dry shots. Or even better a controler that will beable to do it all in one unit.
I should have results posted in a week or two or three on dual staging twin Interfaces. This will require a custom wiring set-up. There are currently other ways to dual stage using the Interface.

The diagram I posted was a guy I was helping set up his 1st stage to be progressive. So now we will be able to progress our stages as well as run dual stages all with the stock PCM. This person didn't feel the need to go multi stage at this time and he chose to just progress his only stage for traction as it is a Corvette.

There are a lot of good things coming, but I can't shoot off my big mouth at this time, lol. Please, everyone, don't call and ask HSW for a dual stage Interface controller and/or when it is going to be available, as they will let the aftermarket know when new products are released. I am just trying some things here (like making 3-dry stages work after the MAF) as I love to do this sort of testing and will post what I have seen/done.
Robert
Old 12-20-2008, 02:59 PM
10 Second Club

Must be nice to be doing some testing this time of year. My junk's in the garage all tore apart
Old 12-20-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
Must be nice to be doing some testing this time of year. My junk's in the garage all tore apart
Well it's going to fun driving the Vette to the dyno with snow on the ground. My chit is in a perpetual tore apart state, but that's what makes spraying so interesting compared to other power adders, imo.
Robert