Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS3 + N20..need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MS3 + N20..need help

I need to decide what I want to do and I cant make up my mind. Im looking at adding a little juice ontop of my cam, but nothing major..just a little more kick in the seat without taking away reliability and having to upgrade my fuel system etc...

what would be better for my application? I have a 01 LS6 long block, MS3 is going in with the Livernois .690 valve spring kit, ported LS6 oil pump etc. for the cam install. I want to do just a little 50 shot. Should I do a wet kit, or a Dry? I might also add my inline MSD fuel pump I have laying around just to bump up the fuel pressure on the stock injectors a little.

also, I want this to be 100% stealth hidden. Im gonna put the bottle where the spare tire is, put vac. line over all the lines in the engine bay...but whats the best way to hide the nozzel itself?? Can I mount it under the intake right before the throttle body or will the spray pattern screw up the MAF from mounting it that way.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:28 AM
FormerVendor

I would do a single nozzle dry shot if thats all your looking to spray. it will have to go before the MAF unless you get our interface controller which would make the whole system very easy to hide. Even without its not hard to mount a dry solenoid up front and run the nozzle into the lid without seeing it.

The only problem i would see with the dry shot and the NA power you will be making is your injectors may be maxed out. IF you can figure out where to hide the solenoids, our wet plate kit actually makes for a really stealthy install. IF you cover the lines in vacuum hoses most people wouldnt be able to tell.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:30 AM
11 Second Club

thanks alot for getting back to me...

is their any difference in reliability between wet and dry?? This is a brand new motor and I dont want to harm it.

I was also told with only running a 50 shot, I wont need a tune...
Old 12-24-2008, 08:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
thanks alot for getting back to me...

is their any difference in reliability between wet and dry?? This is a brand new motor and I dont want to harm it.

I was also told with only running a 50 shot, I wont need a tune...
A wet shot is usually easier for a newb and doesnt require a tune. You should verify your A/F ratio with some wideband dyno pulls. 50 shot should be ok for timing depending on where you have it at. Any higher then that and i would pull a few degrees. You can either use a device that will only pull timing while your nitrous kit is activated or pull it through the tune, which does effect your NA performance.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

I will prolly do a wet shot setup
Old 12-24-2008, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike would a 75 shot work? Im in the same boat as this guy
Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

If you have had the car tuned then you need to see where your total timing is. If you dont know what your timing is currently at, i would give your tuner a call and see if he can give you an accurate number. Usually with a cam or even just bolt ons a tuner will advance timing. With stock timing you can usually run up to a 125 shot without backing down your timing. Depends on what fuel you run as well.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

I will prolly do a wet shot setup
here is a dry shot, just to show you how easy they can be to hide. For the most part anyone looking will just think its something like the IAT sensor.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/gall...s.php?album=28
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/gall...s.php?album=51

Wet kits can be hidden as well

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/gall...s.php?album=47

Little bit more difficult since you have another solenoid, lines and larger nozzle. If you order from us you can get custom colored lines and fittings. If you dont do that you can do what you were saying, run the lines in vaccum hoses so they would appear to be stock.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

how does one of your basic dry kits run for??
Old 12-24-2008, 01:11 PM
FormerVendor

how does one of your basic dry kits run for??
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=365&page=1

on sale for christmas. Other than a colder set of plugs you wont really need anything else. The optional pieces of equipment would be Blow down tube (if you go to the track you need one), nitrous filter, purge, bottle heater for consistent bottle pressure, microedge controller (window switch and A/F shutdown) and the interface controller to pull timing if you would like. The interface would also allow you to put the nozzle anywhere you want, even POST-MAF. Makes tuning your shot a breeze
Old 12-24-2008, 01:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

What about a dry shot with your Interface? Does that make it so a dry kit won't necessarily need a tune like a wet kit, just monitor the A/F for safety?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 12-24-2008, 01:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Superman09
What about a dry shot with your Interface? Does that make it so a dry kit won't necessarily need a tune like a wet kit, just monitor the A/F for safety?
exactly, plus you'll be able to pull a few degrees of timing if need be.