Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX solenoid won't close all the way.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NX solenoid won't close all the way.

I have a NX nitrous solinoid that leaks. Is my solenoid trash or is there anyway i can rebuild it. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackTA96
I have a NX nitrous solinoid that leaks. Is my solenoid trash or is there anyway i can rebuild it. Thanks.
Chances are there is probably just junk stuck on the plunger. They aren't that difficult to take apart to inspect.

Nick
Old 01-29-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

another question kind of related, what may cause a solenoid to not open when at operating pressure anymore? this is a cold fusion noid btw. Worked fine a few times then just quite working at higher pressure, but will spray just off the 600psi bottle pressure alone.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by miller456
another question kind of related, what may cause a solenoid to not open when at operating pressure anymore? this is a cold fusion noid btw. Worked fine a few times then just quite working at higher pressure, but will spray just off the 600psi bottle pressure alone.
I sounds like a weak coil. What are you meaning by "high pressure"?I've seen solenoids fail to open @ 1200 psi but be fine at 1000.You may want to borrow another gauge to verify pressure.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The guage is brand new and works fine, the solenoid used to work but the kit was used. I sprayed around 1200psi at first then it just quit working at that high of psi and would only open when at say 600-700psi.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Chances are there is probably just junk stuck on the plunger. They aren't that difficult to take apart to inspect.

Nick
How do I get in it? I've taken the outer shell off but don't see how I can get any further.

Originally Posted by miller456
Thanks Buddy.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No problem, no point in making a new post when my question is some what related to ur thread
Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BlackTA96
How do I get in it? I've taken the outer shell off but don't see how I can get any further.

Thanks Buddy.
You're going to have to remove the tower from the base to get any further. This can be done one of two ways...you can purchase the special wrench that fits into the hole at the base of the tower, or you can take the nut off of the fuel solenoid and spin them both onto the nitrous tower and use the tension against the top nut to remove the tower.

If you pop it open and you can't find any debris I would inspect the stainless steel seat to make sure its not leaking past the press fit.

Nick