Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What else do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What else do i need?

I have just installed a NX 1 pc. maf system on my 02 corvette, except i havent did the wiring yet. I have a FJO mini progressive controller & a fpss. Is there anything else i need to add to this system? Thanks
Old 03-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

The only other thing i could suggest is possibly upgrading the fuel pump so that you know your covered on fueling. Other than that you should be fine with what you have.

-Chris
Old 03-25-2009, 02:50 PM
FormerVendor

I would definitely add a bottle heater, purge, blow down tube, nitrous filter and colder plugs. I am not sure what fjo does in terms of timing. Depending on how much you spray and what your timing is at now, you may want to pull a few degrees.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Teching In

I have done the purge,blowdown tube,filter, & plugs. I also know nothing about the fjo,i bought it used. Is there something that does the timing retard,wot switch,& first gear lockout all in one unit?
Old 03-25-2009, 03:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bowtiebubba1
I have done the purge,blowdown tube,filter, & plugs. I also know nothing about the fjo,i bought it used. Is there something that does the timing retard,wot switch,& first gear lockout all in one unit?
You could use our interface controller to reliably pull timing, I am pretty sure the FJO has TPS activation and first gear lock out, so you are already set in that department.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
You could use our interface controller to reliably pull timing, I am pretty sure the FJO has TPS activation and first gear lock out, so you are already set in that department.
Your interface sounds like the answer.With it & the fjo that would be all i need. Heres the problem,i dont even know how to wire the fjo. How would the interface combine with the fjo wiring wise?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bowtiebubba1
Your interface sounds like the answer.With it & the fjo that would be all i need. Heres the problem,i dont even know how to wire the fjo. How would the interface combine with the fjo wiring wise?
here's an install manual for it

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/2s...%20rev%20G.pdf

And yes you could use the interface with this. Out of the box the interface can only pull 3 degrees with your car. If you have access to HPtuners, EFIlive, etc., you can pull any amount of timing you want. Check out some of the threads Robert56 has been posting lately, you can really see how versital the interface is.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The FJO does not offer any timming retard. It you wanted a timming controller that does not work off the Iat sensor I would look into the lingerfelter. It is a ssimple as pluging between the coil packs and you only have to wire in one single wire to the systems relay.
This unit will pull timing and advance timming with out the need of tuning software. It not only offers a more reliable way of pulling timing but it also has a built in two step.We can walk you through the wiring process.
Dave