Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is it about nitrous the makes it break stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WE TODD DID
Are you a contractor, or military?
Military.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 905 Likes on 646 Posts

This **** makes me nervous. Makes me think I should sell my HSW kit and not risk blowing something up(from my lack of knowledge not because of the product).

I am wanting to run 100 shot, 150 maybe, depending on what the car puts out N/A, threw a wet plate with every safety measure you can put on it.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
This **** makes me nervous. Makes me think I should sell my HSW kit and not risk blowing something up(from my lack of knowledge not because of the product).

I am wanting to run 100 shot, 150 maybe, depending on what the car puts out N/A, threw a wet plate with every safety measure you can put on it.
Haha.. You will forget all that when it hits. There is really nuttin to it. Just got to know who to listen to on here. With that small a shot you will learn basics. Then before long, youll become an addict and want more. Then your interest will become more advanced. Its really all about timing and AF which you know already. Plug reading is a pia but when you become proficient at it, youll have 10 kits on ur ride..
Old 03-28-2010, 07:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by IWGF
Hey brotha, I haven't installed my n2o yet, waiting for a few weeks until I get back from Iraq to order a kit and install it. Sean will be tuning it, and he did my N/A tune. He's a very proficient tuner, so we'll discuss how he's going to do it when the time comes. Is this Isaac? Or who? This is Rob, Sideswipe on TSC.
My name on TSC is DansAm I joined aorund X-mas time. I've been out of the loop for a while around here. I'm trying to get the car ready for this season and after reading this it made me think. I don't think I have seen anyone around here pull plugs while tuning for N20. I know Sean used to run a nice shot on thhe camaro years ago so I'm thinking he might but I wasn't sure.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sean was in the 10s on his H/C/I/N2O setup before he turbo'd the shop car. Termin8r Sean ran his car H/C/I spray on the stock short block forever on Solid Tech tuning, when he built the motor and started spraying a lot, he made a mistake on his pump gas/race fuel mix and that's what caused his **** to blow up. I have faith in Sean's (Solid Tech) tuning abilities. He's put nitrous through a lot of cars. ****, if Greyson's (Greyskull on TSC) motor is still alive, that's saying something about Sean's tuning
Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by IWGF
Military.
Oh, good deal. Thank you for your service!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

No problem sir. Just a job though
Old 03-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Launching!

great thread, don't know if i missed it, but i read an article on Jeff Procks' nitrous tuning theory, and he goes on to say that an exhaust that doesn't let the stuff out fast enough can also skew your tune. so for those who are bottlenecked, primarily street muffled cars, you won't optimize your tune until that is cleaned up.
i'm also a victim, i ran my motor way too rich several times, and i knew it couldn't be good for it, but hell i was learning as i went, and finally figured it out. on one occasion after i had a descent handle on afr, i kept leaning the tune on each pass without touching timing on a measly 100w [timing was at 18], i recorded an encrease in kr on each pass and a loss of trap speeds. anyway the plugs survived unscathed. if i could do it all over from scratch on this muffled street car, i would run 12.3 and 18* on a 100w no cats[HUGE DIFFERENCE, JEFF PROCK] and a free flowing catback with built in x pipe along with long tubes , i already know what my plug would look like on this tune.
my motor currently has what i believe is piston flutter up on top probably due to the overich passes that it was exposed to, i scoped the walls. although my compression and leak down tests passed with excellent results. so like everyone has stated, read your plugs at least once, and make sure they are new, they will show real clear where your timing and fuel are.

Last edited by jetblast; 03-29-2010 at 09:53 PM.