Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blowdown tube per track rules.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blowdown tube per track rules.

I was installing my blowdown last minute as I almost forgot I needed it. The tube I got was the metal, non flexible type and it wouldn't reach the floor due to how I mounted my bottle. I purchased a legnth of 1/2" heater hose and clamped it with 2 hose clamps to the end of the pipe, running it to the outside of the vehicle, through a floor grommet. Now I'm thinking that they might give me a problem about not using the correct material or something. I wasn't able to find anything about it except that it needs to be vented outside the vehicle, which it is.

Is there a rule about the material? At some point I'd like to redo it so that it looks better, but for now I just want to get past the tech inspection.

Any input welcome, thanks guys.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It mostly depends on your track tech guy. I have seen guys use this before and pass tech. Legal, not sure that they state yes or no on hose? Because it is an open ended hose it see's no giant pressure, so clamping would be fine. I would slightly flair the end of your tube however, this will allow the clamps to hold better and less likely to slip off should you blow the safety valve. You can also convert later to a full braided line and bulk head connector.
Robert
Old 05-18-2009, 04:44 PM

Thanks. Yeah, I definitely want to redo it later to make it look better and make sure I'm within the rules. As far as I've read it only says it needs to be vented and doesn't get specific as to how. I jyst want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I definitely want the car to be within the rules 100% by next year. I should actually be fine as it is except that I might need a roll cage with the new setup. I'm going on a rental this week, so I hoping they'll let it slide if I break under like they usually do for other people. Also, I need to get my own fire jacket for the nitrous so I don't have to borrow one, lol.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Have you been to this track before? Are they that strict? Ive been to a couple tracks with mine and I sign the waiver at registration, put on my helmet and no questions asked. Although I am legal with my tube as well, I was kind of pissed after I went through the hassel of putting it in and then they didnt even check anything but i guess it keeps me safe
Old 05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where can you get the steel braided blown down tubes?
Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by jeepers_88
Have you been to this track before? Are they that strict? Ive been to a couple tracks with mine and I sign the waiver at registration, put on my helmet and no questions asked. Although I am legal with my tube as well, I was kind of pissed after I went through the hassel of putting it in and then they didnt even check anything but i guess it keeps me safe
It's hit and miss there. Some days they don't even ask you to pop your hood and other days they interogate you about how fast your car is going to run.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
where can you get the steel braided blown down tubes?
I got mine from a local speed shop, he had all the fittings in stock too, make sure you use -8an hose.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:41 PM
9 Second Club

Nitrous Outlet sells the hoses and fittings.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks guys