Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

micro edge causing rpms to flux

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default micro edge causing rpms to flux

Finished installing the micro edge and as soon as I plug it in my rpms flux, you can see it on the tach and hear it from the motor. Anyone else have this issue? I can have the car running, unplug the edge and its normal, plug it back in and same issue. Its reading everything like its supposed to read so I dont know what gives. I used the tach signal by the coil if that matters(yes the correct one).

I'm sure its something small on my part, what that is, I'm not so sure lol
Old 07-25-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would start by checking all connections. Maybe even try another pick up for your tach signal? I agree, it's prob something small and simple but finding it can drive a grown man crazy, lol. Even double check set-up?
Robert
Old 07-25-2009, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
I would start by checking all connections. Maybe even try another pick up for your tach signal? I agree, it's prob something small and simple but finding it can drive a grown man crazy, lol. Even double check set-up?
Robert
hmm, I am using the same tach signal that is on the pass side coil pack. I know that wire is right.

I also did a sanity check and cleaned rewired last night because I installed the edge and removed my fjo controller. I can try using the tach signal by the ecm, not sure why that would be any different but its worth a shot. I'll do that and get back to this thread.

Is there a step by step programming install by vehicle?
Old 07-25-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are so many variations to set-up, so having a how to per vehicle would be, well, hard. I do agree the directions can be a little tricky to follow.

your RPM pulse set-up is correct also? Might have to wait for the HSW guys, Mike was on here earler? Almost sounds like a wiring glitch somewhere?
Robert
Old 07-25-2009, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
your RPM pulse set-up is correct also? Might have to wait for the HSW guys? Almost sounds like a wiring glitch somewhere?
Robert
I have it set to coil/plug. That is the only setting that reads the correct rpm.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:21 PM
FormerVendor

fluctuating RPM sounds like you tapped the wrong TPS wire or a bad connection somewhere.

Fill out a support ticket if you don;t mind and we'll get you straightened out

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/support/

As a reminded to everyone, you will get a faster response using the support system. We check it more often than tech and it is easier for us to track additional questions you may have.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
fluctuating RPM sounds like you tapped the wrong TPS wire or a bad connection somewhere.

Fill out a support ticket if you don;t mind and we'll get you straightened out

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/support/

As a reminded to everyone, you will get a faster response using the support system. We check it more often than tech and it is easier for us to track additional questions you may have.
I filled one out earlier after Robert posted. I'm not sure how I could have a bad connection, I was outside soldering wire at 1am making sure I wouldnt have issues. I tapped the same tps wire as just about every other gto guy, I thought. I figured if anything it would be the tach wire. I'll wait on the ticket from you guys.

I should add that its wired to the green falling signal from the tb. Should I try the purple?
Old 07-25-2009, 08:11 PM
11 Second Club

I swapped the tps wire from green(falling) to purple(rising) and the problem has gone away. I think I have it set up correctly now, thanks.