Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 part question 15lb bottle in spare tire well? and what will it run with a 10 bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2 part question 15lb bottle in spare tire well? and what will it run with a 10 bolt?

1st question, Has anyone had any issues mounting a 15lb bottle in the spare tire well? I bought the 860 fbody bottle platform, and the outlet on my bottle is right on the wheel well. I might be able to get a -6F 90* fitting to fit. i think 860 platform isnt designed for a 15lb bottle but the description doesnt say. Does anyone have any better ideas?

2nd question, My 6 speed car trapped 127mph last year in the cold, ive had a couple of fuel problems this year trapping 123mph leaning out bad in 4th gear. Last track pass it went 11.29@123 1.76 60ft with a 27" MH racemaster skinny 275/60/16 drag radial (more like a 255) I dont want to break the poor little 10bolt just yet so i'd like to keep the 60ft over 1.7's if possible. I just bought some Hoosier Quick Time Pro's in 26x11.5x15 and a nitrous outlet 90mm plate kit with plans to spray a 300 shot after 1st gear. What do you think it could run?

Bonus question, also whats the record for a 10bolt in 60ft and 1/4 mile/mph?
Originally Posted by 87__TA
I have done 1.37 spraying at 20 mph at MIR, car pulls 1.41-1.45 N/A
runs high tens natural 10.87 best. 10.0 on a 125 shot.

Have been running this combo for 4-5 years now.
Moser street axles, GM 3.73, Torsion...

Not pushing the 10 bolt, I know they are weak - however I have been very lucky.. This year actually tried to launch on spray but broke D/S.

Just converted from 700 to M6 - we will see how it fairs with that.

Last edited by CamaroRick; 11-06-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroRick
1st question, Has anyone had any issues mounting a 15lb bottle in the spare tire well? I bought the 860 fbody bottle platform, and the outlet on my bottle is right on the wheel well. I might be able to get a -6F 90* fitting to fit. i think 860 platform isnt designed for a 15lb bottle but the description doesnt say. Does anyone have any better ideas?

2nd question, My 6 speed car trapped 127mph last year in the cold, ive had a couple of fuel problems this year trapping 123mph leaning out bad in 4th gear. Last track pass it went 11.29@123 1.76 60ft with a 27" MH racemaster skinny 275/60/16 drag radial (more like a 255) I dont want to break the poor little 10bolt just yet so i'd like to keep the 60ft over 1.7's if possible. I just bought some Hoosier Quick Time Pro's in 26x11.5x15 and a nitrous outlet 90mm plate kit with plans to spray a 300 shot after 1st gear. What do you think it could run?

Bonus question, also whats the record for a 10bolt in 60ft and 1/4 mile/mph?
Try using some shims to shim up the front bracket to clear the hump.

Good luck on the 300 shot. Let us know how you make out and what parts of the motor are now coffee table artwork. Honestly I think your best bet is going to be a direct port at that shot size, but that's just my opinion.

Nick

Nick
Old 11-06-2009, 10:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris will post a picture here shortly with a 15lb bottle on one.

As to the 300 shot on the plate. Since you have our Nitrous Plate it should be doable. Our plate design does not have the flow flaws other designs have. You will not be the first or the last to do this.

There is no doubt that a direct port would be a better option at those hp levels. However we understand for some classes rules a direct port is not possible. This is exactly why we spent all the time R&Ding our products..

It is very important that at this horse power level you know how to read the spark plugs. It is very important that you start at a lower horse power level and move your way up reading the spark plugs. This is not a 1 to 2 hour tuning process. It is a full day of tuning.

As long as you are reading the spark plugs as you start moving up in the horse power levels the plugs will start to show you if you have a cylinder burning differently than the others. If you reach a point to where one of the plugs are reading off this tells you that you have reached a limit to where the discharge delivery is not going to get any better.

The best choice would be to back down Little on the horse power level. If you hit an area to where you would like to stay and the over all tune up is close but you have one cylinder burning hotter than the others you can run a colder spark plug in that cylinder compared to others. In some circumstances you may have to run an over all slightly richer tune to aid for that cylinder.

So to answer your question. Using our plate for a 300 shot is very possible and has been done successful many times. The art to the tuning process in spraying this much is your amount of knowledge in reading spark plugs. You should have this same knowledge even if going direct port when playing with horse power levels this high. The only difference betweeen the two is that you can not minipulate the discharge flow to each cylinder and with the plate it is what it is. Reading the spark plugs tell you what it is.

Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 02:11 PM
FormerVendor

LOL, look to the OP...you can choose to listen to what you want. However if the person that makes the product you're using tells you that the product will be fine but you'll need to run it richer and address distribution issues in certain cylinders with different plugs, that has to be speaking volumes to you. Its simple math...hot cylinder + overly rich tune?? COME ON!! It has to be telling you that there is a certain level at which no matter what you do it won't work, and/or its on the ragged edge and shouldn't be advised, unless you're ready for the ramifications. The intake is simply not designed for it. I can tell you that our plate flows in excess of anything on the market. I choose not to because in my opinion flowing anything over a 200 shot through the front of an efi intake is reckless. Even if you believe some made up bs from a salesman all I ask is use common sense.

Matt

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Chris will post a picture here shortly with a 15lb bottle on one.

As to the 300 shot on the plate. Since you have our Nitrous Plate it should be doable. Our plate design does not have the flow flaws other designs have. You will not be the first or the last to do this.

There is no doubt that a direct port would be a better option at those hp levels. However we understand for some classes rules a direct port is not possible. This is exactly why we spent all the time R&Ding our products..

It is very important that at this horse power level you know how to read the spark plugs. It is very important that you start at a lower horse power level and move your way up reading the spark plugs. This is not a 1 to 2 hour tuning process. It is a full day of tuning.

As long as you are reading the spark plugs as you start moving up in the horse power levels the plugs will start to show you if you have a cylinder burning differently than the others. If you reach a point to where one of the plugs are reading off this tells you that you have reached a limit to where the discharge delivery is not going to get any better.

The best choice would be to back down Little on the horse power level. If you hit an area to where you would like to stay and the over all tune up is close but you have one cylinder burning hotter than the others you can run a colder spark plug in that cylinder compared to others. In some circumstances you may have to run an over all slightly richer tune to aid for that cylinder.

So to answer your question. Using our plate for a 300 shot is very possible and has been done successful many times. The art to the tuning process in spraying this much is your amount of knowledge in reading spark plugs. You should have this same knowledge even if going direct port when playing with horse power levels this high. The only difference betweeen the two is that you can not minipulate the discharge flow to each cylinder and with the plate it is what it is. Reading the spark plugs tell you what it is.

Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 03:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
LOL, look to the OP...you can choose to listen to what you want. However if the person that makes the product you're using tells you that the product will be fine but you'll need to run it richer and address distribution issues in certain cylinders with different plugs, that has to be speaking volumes to you. Its simple math...hot cylinder + overly rich tune?? COME ON!! It has to be telling you that there is a certain level at which no matter what you do it won't work, and/or its on the ragged edge and shouldn't be advised, unless you're ready for the ramifications. The intake is simply not designed for it. I can tell you that our plate flows in excess of anything on the market. I choose not to because in my opinion flowing anything over a 200 shot through the front of an efi intake is reckless. Even if you believe some made up bs from a salesman all I ask is use common sense.

Matt
Matt,
You need to read alittle closer. I think my statement was pretty clear. There will become a point to where you have hit the max capability of distribution through the front of the intake. We have used our plate for 250 to 300 horse power many times with out hitting this gray area.

In the event you start hitting an area to which the delivery is not equaly delivering the amount to each cylinder you do not have the ability to minipulate flow like you would with a directport. At this point there are ways around it if you have to squeez every ounce of power out of it. Those measures include an over all richer tune up and using a colder spark plug in the hot cylinder. These are methods that have been used for RACERs for many years.

I think you guys should stick with the joe blow 100 dry shot guys and leave the guys that want to make some real power to me.

Speak for your product as you know what the capabilities are and are not for your products.

I speak for our products and there capabilites.

Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 03:01 PM
FormerVendor

To the original poster I dont think the 10 bolt will survive.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:25 PM
FormerVendor

You continue to neglect the fact that some users might not understand what it takes when using a plate/nozzle at these power levels. Good going though, nice way to insult your potential customer base by calling them joe blows. In response to sticking to our products (I think that is what you meant but your spelling leaves a lot to be desired) oh trust me it's taken a lot of self control not to rip your inconsistent BS sales thread into pieces. So when a customer does take your advice and blows his engine into a million pieces what will be your response? Hope its better then what your responses were (plural) on the Hemi boards....

Matt,
You need to read alittle closer. I think my statement was pretty clear. There will become a point to where you have hit the max capability of distribution through the front of the intake. We have used our plate for 250 to 300 horse power many times with out hitting this gray area.

In the event you start hitting an area to which the delivery is not equaly delivering the amount to each cylinder you do not have the ability to minipulate flow like you would with a directport. At this point there are ways around it if you have to squeez every ounce of power out of it. Those measures include an over all richer tune up and using a colder spark plug in the hot cylinder. These are methods that have been used for RACERs for many years.

I think you guys should stick with the joe blow 100 dry shot guys and leave the guys that want to make some real power to me.

Speak for your product as you know what the capabilities are and are not for your products.

I speak for our products and there capabilites.

Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 03:30 PM
FormerVendor

I have never pretented to be a great speller. I really do not care to spend my time clicking spell check every time I make a post. The facts are my spelling has nothing to do with our product designs or our technical knowledge.

If the customer takes there time and listens to me I can teach them how to tune in a system and what to look for. Its that simple. Also after talking to a customer I can tell if they have enough experience safely exicute what they are trying to do and I tell them.

I cant tell you how many people I have flat out told them.. Hey you are goingto blow your **** up.

Like I said. Worry about your products and there limits. Not ours. The results and times from our customers speak for us..

If people want a product designed properly that will make power they know who to call.

Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 03:44 PM
FormerVendor

Your advertising methods are very shady at best; you should be very open and explain this to your customers in great detail. What happens to your customer who blindly listens to your "advertisement" and buys this product off your website with no consultation? I think it is very important that you explain the uneven distribution to your customers and how they need to address this defect.

Matt

I have never pretented to be a great speller. I really do not care to spend my time clicking spell check every time I make a post. The facts are my spelling has nothing to do with our product designs or our technical knowledge.

If the customer takes there time and listens to me I can teach them how to tune in a system and what to look for. Its that simple. Also after talking to a customer I can tell if they have enough experience safely exicute what they are trying to do and I tell them.

I cant tell you how many people I have flat out told them.. Hey you are goingto blow your **** up.

Like I said. Worry about your products and there limits. Not ours. The results and times from our customers speak for us..

If people want a product designed properly that will make power they know who to call.

Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 03:44 PM
FormerVendor

Like I said. Worry about your products and there limits. Not ours. ..

Dave
HAHAHAHAHHA yet you feel the need to make a massive four page post bashing others products....WOW dave contradict much????

the fact is you dont know **** about our product, unless you've done extensive testing on it to determine it will not flow a 300 shot and its a horribly poor design...please please please give us these astonishing results you have on OUR products. I will be eagerly waiting.

Last edited by Mike@HSW; 11-06-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-06-2009, 06:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Your advertising methods are very shady at best; you should be very open and explain this to your customers in great detail. What happens to your customer who blindly listens to your "advertisement" and buys this product off your website with no consultation? I think it is very important that you explain the uneven distribution to your customers and how they need to address this defect.

Matt
Matt,
I think you are grasping at straws here. Trying to make something out of nothing. Stating what our product is capable of doing does not mean everyone should go out and do it. Just like on a direct port. Just because its advertised as being able to flow 600 pluss hp does not mean that some one would expect you can do that on a set up not built for the job.

Same with our plate. We deal with racers that are looking to make the most amount of horse power while still staying in there class rules. Thats why we advertise hey this product can do this. Here is what you have to do and here is how you need to do it.

Ofcourse the average guy spraying 150-200 on the street will never use that plate to spray that much. However in the event it turns his car into a race car and as he advances his knowledge he has a product he can grow with that will still suite his needs in the event he can not use a direct port.

We have never stated that at horse power levels off 300 hp or more would be a better option than going direct port. Unfortintly the directport option is not for everyone. In that case we have a plate system that can suite there needs as long as they understand the tuning concept and do things correctly.

After all come on we all know we plumb a crap load of direct ports. Hell we have over 10 intakes on the shelf to be plumbed right now. Do you really think that I would rather not be plumbing intakes?

Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 06:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
HAHAHAHAHHA yet you feel the need to make a massive four page post bashing others products....WOW dave contradict much????

the fact is you dont know **** about our product, unless you've done extensive testing on it to determine it will not flow a 300 shot and its a horribly poor design...please please please give us these astonishing results you have on OUR products. I will be eagerly waiting.
In my post explaining the reason for our current design on our plates I discussed why our design is the way it is. I explained in great detail many things so that people can understand what is advertising BS VS facts. Not once in that post did I mention any other comapanies name. I strictly discussed what all of our extensive
R&D resulted in. I also stated our plate design is the only plate on the market that can SAFELY supply that amount of hp. You only have to have a little common
since to read that article and know it is all true. Hell placing a hose with an 093 jet in the airlid will flow 300 hp. Does not mean its going to work properly.

As for what your plate does and does not do, have the owners of your company
mail me writen permission with a notery stamp and I will be more than happy to post in great detail what all of the extensive testing of all the plates on the market resulted in.

Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 11-06-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Rofl, get a room guys.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im most likely gonna keep it set at 200. I would rather opt out in getting the cheap L76 plumbed for DP because i have other plans for an intake later down the road. This isnt my first kit, i used to run a TNT F2 based wet kit on my stock bottom end LT1 (still alive and healthy BTW). I was kind of dissapointed in how a 150 felt. It put down 434rwhp and 577rwtq on the dyno on the rich side. that plate kit was far inferrior to the ones out now. I put lots of bottles through it tho with no problems. One day i will go with a direct port, just not for a year or so. So in the mean time ill work my way up to the 200 with the ls2 plate and see what happens.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

All I can say is my NITROUS OUTLET PLATE WORKED DAMN AWESOME AT A 275 SHOT. I WOULD BUY THEIR PRODUCT ANYTIME HANDS DOWN
Old 11-08-2009, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All the talk about over a 200 needs to be direct port why does it matter if a plate can flow a 300-400 shot?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

i had to shim the front of mine up. Also remove the speaker so the bottle opener would fit
Attached Thumbnails 2 part question 15lb bottle in spare tire well? and what will it run with a 10 bolt?-brak.jpg  
Old 11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by TA1364
All the talk about over a 200 needs to be direct port why does it matter if a plate can flow a 300-400 shot?
Just because the plate can flow that much does not mean you can spray that much. The efi intake starts running into distribution issues after a 200 shot. meaning, not every cylinder gets fed an equal amount of nitrous. There are measures that can be taken to help this, but you need to have a clue about what your doing before you tread these waters.

Hsw and N20 outlet Need to quit bashing eachother! Is the economy that bad you guys have to bash eachother for buisness?? You guys both have good products! I went with the hsw dry plate for my bolton car, because its a safe simple way to spray a street driven car. I have seen Dave's plate spray over a 250 shot, but as stated above you need to have a clue about what your doing when spraying that much thru the front of the intake. On a race car I would do it, on a street driven car however I would not risk it.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

my 15# bottle and remote bottle opener fit with no shimming. luck of the draw i guess