Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

150 shot+drag radials

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Some people like what they want and some dont so what makes god who can tell people they are wrong about proven things. It is proven that Tr6s work well with 100-150 shot of nitrous with the right tune. You run what you want but dont ty and put people down like they are stupid. I had Tr6s on my SS and NEVER EVER had a problem and the car ran great. Plenty of other people can say the exact same thing.
My buddy posted a thread in this section July of 2009, he fucked up his motor running a tr6 plug on a 150 shot. Go ahead and say it...."his tune was off" lol yea right. But go right ahead and run the tr6 plug. Some people have luck with them and some don't. I would personally rather have "overkill" than have to shove out thousands of dollars for a new shortblock. But hey that's just me.

Last edited by 02sleeperz28; 01-07-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im all about being open to suggestions, ill even talk to my tuner when the kit goes on my V, but there is a way about suggesting something rather then attacking someone and calling them stupid and telling thm they "dont know ****"
Old 01-07-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BAKED
Like I said before, just because it has worked for some people doesn't make it the correct thing to do. Projected tipped plugs are not meant to be used with nitrous. How ****** hard is that to understand? Did I say that it would for sure cause problems? No. I am just trying to give people correct information so that they are not mis-led by people that are not as experienced.
I have used TR6's in the past without any problems myself and I have also melted the ground straps off of them. If you have a nitrous setup that you are trying to get the most out of then you CANNOT run TR6's. If you back the timing off far enough you could run TR55's. I prefer to get the most out of my **** so I put the right parts in it. I'm willing to bet when you had your car "tuned" for nitrous you didn't pull a single plug out to read it....

Go ahead and keep using projected tip plugs in your nitrous setups. If you had a clue what the hell you were doing they wouldn't be in there. Go ahead and be another mindless lemming like 90% of the others on this board.

I'm about sick and ****** tired of trying to give people good advice and getting **** for it. It's becoming really clear why most of the more knowledgeable people don't get on here anymore.
id listen to this guy!! he aint in the 9's because of luck!!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
im all about being open to suggestions, ill even talk to my tuner when the kit goes on my V, but there is a way about suggesting something rather then attacking someone and calling them stupid and telling thm they "dont know ****"
It just gets old having people argue with you about things that you KNOW.

I'm not saying to run a non projected tip plug because of some bandwagon or just to be typing. I'm trying to save this guy (and some others) some headache. When I first started spraying nitrous I got on here and read all the BS, put some TR6's in, tried to get the "correct A/F & timing" and melted the ground straps off. At that time ther were people on here saying that they were spraying 200+ on TR6's. I couldn't figure out why my **** kept melting so I decided to look further than the all mighty LS1tech and I found a whole world of information! Most of witch said the opposite of the stuff that you read on here. I learned to read plugs and I learned how to tune my nitrous setup. There is ALOT that can go into tuning nitrous. I'm sure that 99% of the people on here giving advice don't even own a flow gauge, or have never cut the first plug apart. I am just trying to share some of what I have learned. If you think I'm wrong about something then explain why. I'm all ears.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:54 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by allan808
id listen to this guy!! he aint in the 9's because of luck!!
Well, some of it is.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAKED
Well, some of it is.
Let some rub off dude.... My car is attempting to do what your car is done (low 9's with stock ci and a bunch of gas....). She's coming back next year with another 200-250 horse and about 300lb's lighter.... Still gonna need that luck!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 AM
9 Second Club

Keep at it, these little motors will run if done right!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blockheadnic
I dont know about the BR7EF. But on my bone stock 98 with 150 wet shot i run tr6s and all i have done is adjust timing. i have run atleast 30 bottles on this engine and have had zero problems. engine is around 150k

Still rocking the stock ten bolt with a th400 and a 4800 stall. car weighs 3200 and has gone 10.94 and 122. has yanked the left front plenty of times. i am also on a stock torque arm.

if you can drive a 6spd then mid 11s all day.
wow i have the same results on a 3k stall, stock 4l60, stock rear, and 100 shot, 2700da, full weight besides wheels. well basically the same... one tenth different
Old 01-08-2010, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

With a 100 shot you should make it to the 11s if you can get the thing to 60ft and you don't destroy the rear. TR6's should be find for the 150 shot, as stated above, a tune would be wise. If your not going to get one, find a way to pull a couple degrees of timing via a predator or some other handheld tuner. I gapped my TR6's at .032 and took 6* timing out of my tune using HPTuners and never had a problem with my 150 shot. I sprayed off the line, but I never used drag radials, best 60ft was a 1.79. This was in my GTO though with 255/40/17 Fulda tires at 25psi. Car was a pig, it weighed 4,080lbs with me in it. Best et was 11.84 @ 121mph Good Luck and be safe.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Teching In

So it looks like I should run a BR7EF plug just to be on the safe side, I might get by with TR6s' and I could have problems with them right? So I could run a BR7EF and not worry about plugs but its wise to pull them out and check em after a few runs right? As far as tuning goes I'll probably take it to Frost and get it dyno tuned after I get the kit installed I defenitely dont want to risk ****** my motor up. BTW thanks for the replies and advice
Old 01-08-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

In order to read the plugs you will need to kill the motor while it's wide open. "A few passes" won't work. It's easiest to get two or three sets of plugs to do this. Here's your process:

1. Make pass to (330, 1/8, 1/4 work your way up)
2. Kill the engine while it is still wide open and coast to the return road
3. Pull the plugs, put a second set in, and drive back to the pits
4. Read plugs
5. Repeat until they are all right.

If you can't coast to the return road, it'll be okay, you just don't want to idle around on the plugs. That will make them hard/impossible to read. Take it to Frost (Steve) he's a good guy and will get you set up.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:32 PM
9 Second Club

How is everyone today?
Alrighty then!

Baked might be slow but he is telling you guys what you need to know.
Stop being dumb and listen.

Thank you drive thru.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:41 PM
9 Second Club

hahahaha. This thread is full of win.

People these days.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Goat2NV
TR6's should be find for the 150 shot
A BR7 WILL be fine for a 150 shot.

FYI
I ran a TR6 in my car years ago with 150 shot and more without hurting it.
Thing is I didnt know **** back then like most of you now. (Thats not an insult though most of you will take it that way) Now that I have been spraying my car and pushing it to the limit for a few years now I have learned what NOT to do by hurting parts. With that said and what I know now I would not spray my car with a TR6 in it.

Happy spraying ladies!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

off topic but what would or will the car lose any power N/A going from a tr6 to BR7..Cant see it losing much if any but was curious to know if anyone tested
Old 01-08-2010, 03:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
A BR7 WILL be fine for a 150 shot.

FYI
I ran a TR6 in my car years ago with 150 shot and more without hurting it.
Thing is I didnt know **** back then like most of you now. (Thats not an insult though most of you will take it that way) Now that I have been spraying my car and pushing it to the limit for a few years now I have learned what NOT to do by hurting parts. With that said and what I know now I would not spray my car with a TR6 in it.

Happy spraying ladies!
Definately not offended, never said or claimed to be King of nitrous. I decided to run the TR6 because that what many people were using and recommended. But spread some of your wisdom as I'm currently thinking of spraying my Camaro.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by john563
off topic but what would or will the car lose any power N/A going from a tr6 to BR7..Cant see it losing much if any but was curious to know if anyone tested

if it does, it's not going to be noticeable
Old 01-08-2010, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Well at $20 for a set I'm willing to try them. Thanks for the info guys, we'll see how these work out in a couple months.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ryarbrough
if it does, it's not going to be noticeable
I'm thinking 1-2 Hp maybe
Old 01-08-2010, 09:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
How is everyone today?
Alrighty then!

Baked might be slow but he is telling you guys what you need to know.
Stop being dumb and listen.

Thank you drive thru.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!

Slow? Go ahead and pick on the guy with the little motor.... One of these days I'll be rich like you guys and be able to go fast.

BTW, if you guys would put some fuel noids on that motor you might be able to keep up with SMITH

Dry shot

Quick Reply: 150 shot+drag radials