Sponsored by:

Installing LNC-002 w/ HSW wet kit & Microedge

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Installing LNC-002 w/ HSW wet kit & Microedge

UPDATE ON POST #16

I got my Lingenfelter 2-step/timing controller in today and want to hook it up. Now I don't really need to use the 2-step, just want to use it more for the timing for my spray.

Now I have the HSW kit with the Microedge and just wanted to know how I would hook up my LNC to it? Do I just run the yellow or green wire straight to the trigger wire on the nitrous relay? Kinda confused here....

Last edited by tnmotown; 06-05-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That thing is a pain in the ***. id call hsw and have them tell you the best 12 volt source to hook it up to.

make sure you install the diodes lingenfelter wants on all the solenoids or it will go haywire.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the LNC and they told me I could tap the orange wire into the + noid wire for the retard activation. Nothing else needed. As far as the 2 step I can't get that to work worth a crap but I haven't really tried (20*). The yellow and green are for the 2 step. The green is used if you want the 2 step to work on a ground. The yellow is used if you tie it into like a brake light switch where power is the trigger.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

Ok sweet. I just want the timing to be used, not the 2-step right now. So I just tap the orange wire to the positive wire on the solenoids?
Old 01-09-2010, 12:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default LNC timing retard activation with nitrous

The retard activation wire (orange wire) should go to the +12volt nitrous WOT switch signal or to the +12V output from your nitrous controller. Basically it can go to anything that becomes +12V when your nitrous system turns on (and becomes an open circuit when the nitrous system turns off).

This should be shown in some of the different nitrous wiring diagrams - just ignore the parts for the 2-step activation (yellow or green wire).

Originally Posted by tnmotown
I got my Lingenfelter 2-step/timing controller in today and want to hook it up. Now I don't really need to use the 2-step, just want to use it more for the timing for my spray.

Now I have the HSW kit with the Microedge and just wanted to know how I would hook up my LNC to it? Do I just run the yellow or green wire straight to the trigger wire on the nitrous relay? Kinda confused here....
Old 01-09-2010, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry if I'm sounding dumb. So since my microedge is basically my controller and WOT all in one, I would just tap in the 12v switch on the microedge?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:10 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default LNC and Microedge

I am not familiar with the Microedge so hopefully someone else who is can verify this.

Assuming the "12v switch" wire you describe on the Microedge is the switched 12v output that is used to enable the nitrous solenoids (probably via a relay) then, yes, you could use that wire.

Sorry if I'm sounding dumb. So since my microedge is basically my controller and WOT all in one, I would just tap in the 12v switch on the microedge?
Old 01-12-2010, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Ok please point me out here. Here is what is says from the instrustions:

The orange wire on the LNC says "retard activation connects to nitrous WOT switch signal or to +12v output from nitrous controller"

Now, here are my choices of wires to tap into the Microedge:

Red- 12v switched power
Green- Arming switch (12v)
Blue- TPS sensor or WOT switch
Grey- Stage 1 control

Now Im thinking its either the blue or green wire, just not sure which one to tap into. Obviously its gonna be one of the wires thats gonna get power once the nitrous is activated right? I cant belive one wire is holding me back

Last edited by tnmotown; 01-12-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:43 AM
9 Second Club

you can either have it retard timing when you activate the arming switch( green wire), or you can have it retard the timing when the actual solenoids come on which is the grey wire as long as that is delivering 12 volts to the solenoids and not grounding them to activate.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks cam! I see what your saying. I'll tap it into the solenoid wire so when it's spraying it will pull timing then
Old 03-23-2010, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Did you get it set up right. I'm doing the same and this is what HSW recommends.
Subject: LNC-002

Ticket Thread
Thu, Mar 18 2010 4:11pm
I would like to utilize the timing retard function of the LNC-002 in conjunction with the microedge for my wet kit for the LS1. I want the timing pulled as I spray only. How should I wire this into the system?

Thu, Mar 18 2010 5:19pm - HSW Tech Support
You will want to use the MicroEDGE to trigger the timing retard device. The MicroEDGE outputs a ground, if the timing retard device requires a 12v trigger you can use a relay.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rambodog
Did you get it set up right. I'm doing the same and this is what HSW recommends.

Ticket Thread
I would like to utilize the timing retard function of the LNC-002 in conjunction with the microedge for my wet kit for the LS1. I want the timing pulled as I spray only. How should I wire this into the system?

You will want to use the MicroEDGE to trigger the timing retard device. The MicroEDGE outputs a ground, if the timing retard device requires a 12v trigger you can use a relay.
Yeah I have it all setup. I didn't use the yellow/green wire on the LNC because that is for the 2-step and don't use that. All I did was tap the orange wire off the LNC onto one of the wires that goes into the n20 solenoid.
So pretty much when my Microedge is armed and hits the window switch, its triggers the n20, therefore triggering the LNC to pull the timing. I hope this makes sense?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Microedge to trigger LNC-002 timing retard

The LNC-002 timing retard is +12VDC activated (on the orange wire). If the Microedge provides a ground activation output then you would need to use a relay to convert the ground activation to a +12VDC activation for the LNC-002 (as HSW Tech Support indicated).

As someone else mentioned you can also go off of the nitrous solenoid signal. On some nitrous systems you may be able to trigger the external timing retard before the nitrous solenoids are actually activated (nitrous activation delay timer). Connecting directly to the solenoid would disable such a feature.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by rambodog

Ticket Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Launching!

It would be great if someone could come up with a wiring diagram to use these two systems together. I think they will work great with eachother... If I can figure out how to wire the damn things together
Old 03-24-2010, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TAGOES11S
It would be great if someone could come up with a wiring diagram to use these two systems together. I think they will work great with eachother... If I can figure out how to wire the damn things together
I looked at it this way for the timing retard function only:
The tan wire that comes off the microedge (stage one) goes to the #85 on the relay.
#87 on relay goes to the nitrous noid and that is where the orange wire from the LNC-002 taps in.
# 30 is the 12volt source
# 86 takes the green wire from the arm swtich which comes from the microedge.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
The retard activation wire (orange wire) should go to the +12volt nitrous WOT switch signal or to the +12V output from your nitrous controller. Basically it can go to anything that becomes +12V when your nitrous system turns on (and becomes an open circuit when the nitrous system turns off).

This should be shown in some of the different nitrous wiring diagrams - just ignore the parts for the 2-step activation (yellow or green wire).
Ok kinda of an update here.....I have orange wire from the LNC tapped into the nitrous solenoid wires, so when its activated it pulls the timing. BUT HERE IS THE THING, when it activates on the window switch, it seems to delay for a split second. Pretty much because when the rpm's are at the desired spot (window from 3k-6200k) It activates the nitrous and timing the same time.

Now could I switch the oragne wire from the LNC, and tap onto the arming switch wire from the Microedge? That why timing will be pulled when armed, then nitrous kicks in when it hits the window switch?
Old 06-05-2010, 01:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

off topic but whats the rumor that you have to have some diodes to make the lnc work?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

I have the same set up as you. I just want the timing pulled at this point so I tapped the orange wire into the noid wire from pin #87 on the noid relay between the relay & the noid . When the noids power up through the microEDGE so does the timing pull function. The power for the unit itself comes from the hook up into the coil pack plug so its always on when you start your car. I bought 4 diode wires from LPE and hooked them up to all the noids, (purge, fuel, nitrous, line lock). Just run the diode wires between the 2 noid wires.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Ok kinda of an update here.....I have orange wire from the LNC tapped into the nitrous solenoid wires, so when its activated it pulls the timing. BUT HERE IS THE THING, when it activates on the window switch, it seems to delay for a split second. Pretty much because when the rpm's are at the desired spot (window from 3k-6200k) It activates the nitrous and timing the same time.

Now could I switch the oragne wire from the LNC, and tap onto the arming switch wire from the Microedge? That why timing will be pulled when armed, then nitrous kicks in when it hits the window switch?
Do you want the timing to be pulled before the nitrous? than yes the arming switch would do that. You will lose performance if its pulled until you hit the window though.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When you say run the diode wires between to the 2 noid wires are you saying cut the power wire to each noid and solder the diode wire between the noid and the power wire?

Quick Reply: Installing LNC-002 w/ HSW wet kit & Microedge