Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went a little faster...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
Does it normally leave pretty straight? looks like it drove a little right with the wheels up. we had that happen once with a few weight reductions~20lbs and the rear had moved a little to the right with the car sitting up a little in the back. the Panhard bar being adjusted to perfectly center the rear is a huge deal in getting these cars to hook on a crappy track. any side move ment can cause it to break loose.

car looked good and the exhaust looked pretty clean( tells alot about the tune) I only saw 2 small puffs. car is making good power with that mph.
It left straight until the wheels were off the ground, we remembered when we had it scaled that because we dont have adjustable lcas on the car the right side was 1/8 towards the front compared to the left lca which will make the car go left at launch with the wheels up everytime. Adjustable lcas will be on it next and we will see what she does, if it doesnt go straight we will adjust the bar and make sure everything is squared and try it again.

Sound about right to you?

We pulled the plugs from that pass and it was on the edge of lean, 72 36 jet with 16 degress total in it, no detonation but barely barley any color in the plug, we are gonna go up one jet and it should be almost perfect.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:49 PM
9 Second Club

Better DA can help alot. We dropped .1.5-.2 in the 1/8 from 90* to 65* from 5.5X -5.3X same nitrous jets. The heat can do alot to the tune not just because of intake airt temp. Not everyone will see these gains but this was from a pretty good tune on 2 different race days with the same nitrous jet . the car just excepted more fuel and more timming in the colder weather. Fuel + timming =hp..... well until it detonates LOL.
Correct our IAT was just about 20degrees more then when we were out last time, which is why it slowed down about 1 tenth on the same jets, about 15-20 degrees hotter outside too. Makes sense to us and not that big of a deal.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camscam02
It left straight until the wheels were off the ground, we remembered when we had it scaled that because we dont have adjustable lcas on the car the right side was 1/8 towards the front compared to the left lca which will make the car go left at launch with the wheels up everytime. Adjustable lcas will be on it next and we will see what she does, if it doesnt go straight we will adjust the bar and make sure everything is squared and try it again.

Sound about right to you?

We pulled the plugs from that pass and it was on the edge of lean, 72 36 jet with 16 degress total in it, no detonation but barely barley any color in the plug, we are gonna go up one jet and it should be almost perfect.
Sounds like you got a good handle on it. get that rear straight. also might want to get travel limiters. it will 60 better when the wheels are only up 3-5"
Old 02-18-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

By color you talking brown on the porcelin? you do not want brown on the porc.just a thin grey line at the bottom. and i like 1/2-3/4 turn of fuel on the barel. Got any pics?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:56 PM
9 Second Club

Sounds like you got a good handle on it. get that rear straight. also might want to get travel limiters. it will 60 better when the wheels are only up 3-5"
Btw the puffs you might have been seeing were the quick dry they had down because they had 2 oil downs in that lane so there was stlll some left all the way to the concrete transition.

But yea, I agree on the limiters, we have the front shocks pretty tight and will go tighter next time out, gonna get a 2 step on the car to leave in the 3k range and it should sixty foot better as well. The car is also about 54% heavy right now so that help keeps the front down as well. Next time out we should have 200 or so lbs out of it and try some new things. then up the shot and see what the bottom end will take.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

sounds cool let us know . that car is moving for what you have for sure.

lol at the track dry. they do look a hair white/grey now...
Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 PM
9 Second Club

By color you talking brown on the porcelin? you do not want brown on the porc.just a thin grey line at the bottom. and i like 1/2-3/4 turn of fuel on the barel. Got any pics?
Gonna be hard to explain without pics as the plugs are at home and im at school along ways away. the 150's had a hint of brown on them prolly about 1/8 of an inch thick, the 200 plugs that were close, had barely barely any color in them at all and had a small tint to the porcelin but hardley noticable, pretty much looked like a brand new plug but with about a 1/16 of an inch of light grey tint under the mangafier.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

The last plugs sound perfect. I want mine to look brand new with a small grey line like you drew it with a sharp pencil. but follow the time slip mainly mph on back to back passes.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:10 PM
9 Second Club

Once your that close start playing with fuel and timing only changing 1 thing at a time.
Baby steps !!! and time slips mean more than perfect plugs when the tune is real close like you have it. It may like being a hair rich or a hair lean.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:18 PM
9 Second Club

The last plugs sound perfect. I want mine to look brand new with a small grey line like you drew it with a sharp pencil. but follow the time slip mainly mph on back to back passes.
Yea I agree they are close but I think if you saw the actual picture you would think they may need a little fuel. It doesnt have that noticable line it is more of a hint to the plug, but we will be going up one jet size and see what it does.

ill try to get pics to you when I head home and see what you think.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Once your that close start playing with fuel and timing only changing 1 thing at a time.
Baby steps !!! and time slips mean more than perfect plugs when the tune is real close like you have it. It may like being a hair rich or a hair lean.
That is what my pops harps on as well. Just change one thing and then we will go from there. We havent really had to much tuning time with this setup, but we will clean up the 150 some more and then go up from there. We have some baselines now after cutting the plugs and now can make better changes, as long as the air stays around the same. We are gonna base our tunes up on the IATs and keep track of what we are using.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome! congrats
Old 02-19-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Still love this car...

Shiz and atv,

Its way cool you guys keep helping with the tuneups... having some direction helps so much.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by w3s1c0a5t
Still love this car...

Shiz and atv,

Its way cool you guys keep helping with the tuneups... having some direction helps so much.
Thanks man!

Yes it is very nice to have them helping me out, I know if I have any questions I can go to them and get a straight answer. thanks again guys!
Old 02-19-2010, 02:04 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by w3s1c0a5t
Shiz and atv,

We dont mind helping out the guys who appreciate our help.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Ditto. I don't mind helping guys out but once a thrread gets out of control with new guys just posting what they heard works I stop reading.

I have figured out the guys who ask questions and want sugestions and the onse who are going to argue with ou on every one.... Depends on the mood Im in if i reply to them LOL
Old 02-19-2010, 02:27 PM
9 Second Club

If people dont want to listen to people who are giving them good advice and helping them out for free then I sure in the hell wont give them ****, as im sure wayne and shiz feel the same way.

You learn by listening, asking questions and further learning.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ +346

Ill be needing plenty over the summer. Im yanking my trans right now and getting ready for the glide.

Might even hit 9's like your car did.

Where and how do you guys scale cars?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

4 corner scales.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:37 PM
9 Second Club

4 corner scales.
Yup. We had a local guy do it for us. We were off 150 lbs on the left rear. Not great. I think we are 15lbs heavy on the left rear now, I have heard some want 10-20 on the right rear, but we havent seen a problem yet.

Quick Reply: Went a little faster...