Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgive me for the non LSX build...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I saw this on expressway a while back. nice car. i also go to uco great school.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
On the turbos it should go single digits, but on the bottle, probably won't break anything but high 10's on the bottle though, it won't leave well.

Talking about traction?
Ah have some faith man Im sure with a good tire back there it will...I mean those Heffner's Performance Vipers hook up with 1600 and 1900hp! I'm sure yours can even on the 250 hit, and im not 100% but I think they are on stock trans and rear!?
Old 02-26-2010, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Elderado
I think I saw this on expressway a while back. nice car. i also go to uco great school.
Probably, where at on expwy? I loved UCO, when do you get out? I graduated last May.

Originally Posted by awd2rwd
Talking about traction?
Ah have some faith man Im sure with a good tire back there it will...I mean those Heffner's Performance Vipers hook up with 1600 and 1900hp! I'm sure yours can even on the 250 hit, and im not 100% but I think they are on stock trans and rear!?
not so much traction, but suspension geometry. I'll eventually send the car to Madman and get some shocks spec'd for it to ditch the wheel hop issue. It's not really meant to weight transfer though, for the 1/4 I'd much rather go fbod. Definitely more of a fun street car.

The drivetrain is STOUT though, so upgrading shouldn't be needed, at least not much.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well sounds like you have one hell of a car in the making man.

me and some buddys are heading up to XP in the next half hour or so to get his car tuned. we finally talked him into it and so i think we'll be there 10:30ish or something.

anyways at least the driveline is stout and you figure it would have to be to put up with that crazy factory power.

how much boost are you planning on anyways?
if im not mistaken these vipers come factory forged but i could be wrong.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Canbarelygo
well sounds like you have one hell of a car in the making man.

me and some buddys are heading up to XP in the next half hour or so to get his car tuned. we finally talked him into it and so i think we'll be there 10:30ish or something.

anyways at least the driveline is stout and you figure it would have to be to put up with that crazy factory power.

how much boost are you planning on anyways?
if im not mistaken these vipers come factory forged but i could be wrong.
Cool, is it the SSR? I shouldn't need more than 15-18psi, most make about 650-700RWHP on 8-10psi. Factory forged motor yea, I tried to find the most mod friendly platform when I was looking for another car. motor/weight/trans really were the deciding factor.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Launching!

nah it was the 2000 silver z28 that got there when im assuming brett first opened up because he didnt have any of the cars out just yet. my buddy got pretty much everything together for a full bolt on setup and we convinced him to get it tuned just for the sake of being setup well and running consistent. he had some cooling issues but we think we know what they are so we're gonna get them straightened out and go back and see what we can do. were probably lookin at the next week or two but idk.

he backed yours out and it sounded healthy as hell so i can imagine what its gonna sound like when it hits the juice real hard lol
the wheels look sick btw.

wow thats gonna be some crazy boost. are you gonna put any cash into some different rods and pistons just for piece of mind or do you think itll be decently safe?

i guess if the drivelines good then maybe a clutch down the line or something and youll be solid.

it should be a screamer man id love to see more of it whenever it warms up and 39th gets movin again

Last edited by Canbarelygo; 02-28-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Canbarelygo
nah it was the 2000 silver z28 that got there when im assuming brett first opened up because he didnt have any of the cars out just yet. my buddy got pretty much everything together for a full bolt on setup and we convinced him to get it tuned just for the sake of being setup well and running consistent. he had some cooling issues but we think we know what they are so we're gonna get them straightened out and go back and see what we can do. were probably lookin at the next week or two but idk.

he backed yours out and it sounded healthy as hell so i can imagine what its gonna sound like when it hits the juice real hard lol
the wheels look sick btw.

wow thats gonna be some crazy boost. are you gonna put any cash into some different rods and pistons just for piece of mind or do you think itll be decently safe?

i guess if the drivelines good then maybe a clutch down the line or something and youll be solid.

it should be a screamer man id love to see more of it whenever it warms up and 39th gets movin again
We had a pretty solid night tonight, this season should be fun. All the car should need is a twin disk clutch, the stock motor will hold 1000RWHP well. I'll probably build a motor eventually, but not for the initial build! He said he picked up some on the bolt on car, how'd it do? I showed up about 5 mins after you guys left.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Launching!

well thats excelent i guess itll be done in no time.
at least you have a platform that will support 1000rwhp right off out of the box lol
and at least with a twin disc clutch you wont have to work about it tryn to give out on you with the 1200lb/ft of torqur youll probably be lookin at haha

well the initial stock pull wasnt good because it was runnin kind of rough and put down 309rwhp but a couple passes later we had heat problems kuz he hit 237 degrees and we assume its the thermostat so we are gonna get that sorted out with a 160. another problem we had was we think the water pump is quitin on him so we'll see about that. plus we gotta get the clutch fixed so agh its just a mess.

brett picked up alot on the base tune though i think he got like 24rwhp and 30rwtq out of it so it worked out decent.

but id love to come out and see the car when it gets nice enough outside to go cruise
Old 02-28-2010, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

24/30 is a pretty good gain. His dyno is stingy, usually dyno's 10-20 less than most so that's a good number!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Launching!

thats what he mentioned he said his dynos lower than some other places so we were pretty happy with it. when is your gonna end up there and get some numbers?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

He's suppose to spray it Tuesday and it should be done then, we'll have to see though.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Back in the day there were quite a few of these year Vipers I knew that were using nozzles infront of the throttle bodies spraying 250-300. They were doing it this way because they did nit feel they could plumb a directport on top and clear the hood. Being a 1500 dollar intake everyone was scared to attempt it. So we did.lol and the rest was history.. We plumbed have since then been plumbing directports on the top for the guys wanting to inject some serious amounts of dope.

But we knew there had to be a better solution than nozzles for the guys that did not want to go directport. Thats why we started making the plate systems for the vipers. I have not had the prevlidge of tuning one and reading the plugs but I am pretty sure it is safe to assume our plates should destribute much better compared to a nozzle. Only way to know where the horse power limit is going to be is to pull the plugs as you move up in the tuning process.

I don't doubt one bit that your plate kit does distribute alot better than a single nozzle setup would on these style intakes but I just don't see how it wouldn't still be an issue. It's not too hard to look at one and tell that the front cylinders and the rear cylinders are not going to be getting the same amount of nitrous & fuel. It just ain't going to happen.
The nitrous/fuel would have to make an almost instant 90* turn when it sprays to get to the front holes. I wouldn't hesitate to spray 150 or so on one through a plate but 200+ I'd be keeping a very close watch on my plugs. Just my .02... I'd love to see some pics of his plugs after he hits it with 250.

I am not knocking your or anyone else's product, I am just stating my opinion on the subject. From what I have seen you guys make some nice stuff.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BAKED
I don't doubt one bit that your plate kit does distribute alot better than a single nozzle setup would on these style intakes but I just don't see how it wouldn't still be an issue. It's not too hard to look at one and tell that the front cylinders and the rear cylinders are not going to be getting the same amount of nitrous & fuel. It just ain't going to happen.
The nitrous/fuel would have to make an almost instant 90* turn when it sprays to get to the front holes. I wouldn't hesitate to spray 150 or so on one through a plate but 200+ I'd be keeping a very close watch on my plugs. Just my .02... I'd love to see some pics of his plugs after he hits it with 250.

I am not knocking your or anyone else's product, I am just stating my opinion on the subject. From what I have seen you guys make some nice stuff.
You would think that would be attributed to poor intake design, assuming the nitrous atomizes properly. The same logic would say that the rear cylinders wouldn't get the same amount of air n/a as the fronts do because of the reasons you stated, would it not? So the only solution for you would be to either have TB on either end of the intake, or one for each cylinder regardless of if nitrous is used or not, but for proper air distribution.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:26 AM
9 Second Club

The air that is coming in N/A isn't coming in at 950+psi....
Old 03-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Launching!

hmm he has a good point. im curious to see how it turns out.
that large of a shot isnt exactly new on a viper but that much through a plate is news to me honestly so this could be an interesting setup.

cant wait to see it stretch its legs and put some power down and see how it reacts to the setup. i know direct port is a bit more common but this could do well

Last edited by Canbarelygo; 03-01-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Probably, where at on expwy? I loved UCO, when do you get out? I graduated last May.
the carwash. I was a freshman lastyear, what did you drive to school?
Old 03-01-2010, 03:04 PM
10 Second Club

Quick update, thing should be on the hose tomorrow, just need to get fuel for the dedicated. Brett is renting the dyno out so nothing today.

Carpeted board:

Progressive Controller:

Originally Posted by BAKED
The air that is coming in N/A isn't coming in at 950+psi....
So the nitrous should distribute even better then, being forced in and not just ambient?

Originally Posted by Elderado
the carwash. I was a freshman lastyear, what did you drive to school?
Just a C class Mercedes last year, I stopped DD'ing the T/A's when I sold my blue one when I was a sophomore.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

god damn!! i would give my first born for that car...absolutely beautiful
Old 03-01-2010, 08:11 PM
9 Second Club

So the nitrous should distribute even better then, being forced in and not just ambient?
No, at 950-1000 psi the nitrous/fuel will have a hard time making two 90* turns in the opposite direction to hit the first two cylinders.
I am not saying that they will not get any but I am saying that they probably won't get as much as the rears. The vacuum of the engine will allow some of the mixture to go into all of the ports but there is no way in hell you are going to convince me that they are all going to get the same amount.
Just post up pics of the plugs after a 250-300 hit and they are all the same then I will be convinced. Till then I am going to keep thinking the way that I do.

BTW, That is a very clean install! Looks very professional.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:43 PM
hashtagBMW

Today is Tuesday, I want results!