Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Outlet Drag Radial Nitrous Car.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked this up from Lohse right?

If so that car had so many damn problems going straight until Madman fixed the bump steer. Good luck with it man.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing Dave. Looks Great! Good Luck!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetSilverado
Sounds like a sweet setup, wish I would have gone with a super victor now . Any under the hood pics?
Ill snap some current under the hood pics and get them posted.
All the intake set up that is currently on it will be for sale.
Dave
Old 04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MelScrilla
Cant wait to see what you come up with. Are you keeping the 414 or are you going to do a aftermarket block and bigger cubes, 275 is killer nowadays LOL.
Im keeping it as is right now. It want be fast enough to compete. I figure it may get a high 8 like it is. Ill be happy with that for now. Trying to just have fun with out breaking the bank.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:33 PM
FormerVendor

Larry, Ill let you know if I need anything.

Bad habit... You need to get another one..

Ty TY13.

Yes I should be. But It was on the floor board on the passengers side instead.lol
Dave
Old 04-14-2010, 07:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
Picked this up from Lohse right?

If so that car had so many damn problems going straight until Madman fixed the bump steer. Good luck with it man.
Yes I bought it from Brian,
Im happy with what I got. There are some things that I want to change but there are some really nice things and parts on the car as well. Brian gave me a more than fair enough deal on the car. I understand they may have had some suspension bugs to work out but the pass I made was as simple as point and shoot. Actually it was kind of boring.. Madman worked his magic and it goes straight. I really need to send him the car back and have him do some work on the cage and remount the seats..

Dave
Old 04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
FormerVendor

Thought I would take a second and show the intake off. We had a stack of intakes to plumb spray bars in so while the mill was set up it only made since to go ahead and do mine. We also went ahead and punched the holes for the nozzles. The solenoid bracket is a custom bracket we made two off incase anyone else needs one..

Im going to drop the intake off at the powder coaters tommorow. It will be a long while before I can plumb it. Way to many customer intakes ahead of my personal stuff.

Sorry for the crappy camera phone pics. I did not want to side track Grant for my play time..lol

Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Yes I bought it from Brian,
Im happy with what I got. There are some things that I want to change but there are some really nice things and parts on the car as well. Brian gave me a more than fair enough deal on the car. I understand they may have had some suspension bugs to work out but the pass I made was as simple as point and shoot. Actually it was kind of boring.. Madman worked his magic and it goes straight. I really need to send him the car back and have him do some work on the cage and remount the seats..

Dave
That rear end and wheel setup for sure was money.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Cool intake, I like how you mounted the the solenoids
Old 04-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Launching!

yea i know that car from RPM.(ive seen the guts, its light)+ RPM went out of BIZ
i bet you got a SWEET *** deal ive seen that car for sale so many times(not to mention freinds saying they've bought it)
if you need a good chassis guy call JACKIE DEAVER at LENMAR MOTORSPORTS
hes works on JOKER (4.60 car)
and his promod and my backhalf car
Old 04-16-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Luckymex_dallas
yea i know that car from RPM.(ive seen the guts, its light)+ RPM went out of BIZ
i bet you got a SWEET *** deal ive seen that car for sale so many times(not to mention freinds saying they've bought it)
if you need a good chassis guy call JACKIE DEAVER at LENMAR MOTORSPORTS
hes works on JOKER (4.60 car)
and his promod and my backhalf car
What gave away that it was light? The light weight hatch with lexan? Or the Hood with front lexan as well? lol
Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 AM
FormerVendor

Thought I would drop an update. My transmission and convertor are done and I just need time to get them back inthe car. Sad thing is they have been done for over a month or so now. MY intake is just about finished. I just need one more evening to work on my stuff and it will be finished.

The car is sitting in the garage waiting for the trans to be put back in.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:05 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get to work broseph.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:48 AM
9 Second Club

Dave, I guess I missed this thread along the way but man that car is going to rock on the gas! Keep us updated, especially when you start busting off some high 8s.... By the way, launch pic is sweet!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slacker !!

LOL
Old 08-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice car Dave, I saw that for sale on YB or racing junk, don't recall... I do remember the car though, and everything looked great with it.

Good luck with it, and don't mess around, there needs to be at LEAST 3 foggers on that thing, show us what you really can plumb up and toss it on there, and get it done!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:02 PM
FormerVendor

Yea, I am a slacker for sure..

JL, I would be embarresed to have three foggers and only go as fast as I think this car will go. I just have a simple 4 solenoid directport and a spray bar. The directport is on a progressive. This car has some nice stuff on it but there are some things I want to change eventually as well. It has a 414 in it but the top end is chocked down with some worked over LS6 heads. To be honest with you I am afraid the intake I have is to much for it.

I think the best this car is going to run will be a high 8. I ran a 10.4 on motor when the convertor took a crap. That was my one and only pass in this car since I bought it.

Yeah it was for sale on the boards but I knew Brian and he caught me on the right day and I took it off his hands.

Before I tackle the engine I want to repaint the car and replace the cage in the car.

Dave
Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I like that paint, I would leave that alone, unless the pic's don't show that it's ratty or something. The cage, that's a big deal to replace, but of you do it, 25.3 is the way to go, even if you don't need it, it will make the car a TON more valuble if you sell it someday.

Understood on the motor. IMO, spray it, see what it does. Leave on as much as it will take, and see what happens, worst case, you start building another motor while the chassis is getting updated.

fwiw, I have a good motor here, regap the rings for nitrous and it wouldn't be a bad piece, solid roller 408, 14 to 1 compression, ET 4 in bore ls7 heads, alot of GOOD parts. Not really looking to sell it,but if someone made an offer, I'd let it go.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Thought I would drop an update. My transmission and convertor are done and I just need time to get them back inthe car. Sad thing is they have been done for over a month or so now. MY intake is just about finished. I just need one more evening to work on my stuff and it will be finished.

The car is sitting in the garage waiting for the trans to be put back in.

Hey you atleast got it on jack stands finally. Looks like you also cleaned the garage, lol.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I like that paint, I would leave that alone, unless the pic's don't show that it's ratty or something. The cage, that's a big deal to replace, but of you do it, 25.3 is the way to go, even if you don't need it, it will make the car a TON more valuble if you sell it someday.

Understood on the motor. IMO, spray it, see what it does. Leave on as much as it will take, and see what happens, worst case, you start building another motor while the chassis is getting updated.

fwiw, I have a good motor here, regap the rings for nitrous and it wouldn't be a bad piece, solid roller 408, 14 to 1 compression, ET 4 in bore ls7 heads, alot of GOOD parts. Not really looking to sell it,but if someone made an offer, I'd let it go.
The cage is certified for 8.50s I am just dont care for the fitment that much. I guess I got spoiled from having a custom built cage in my car. A cage made to fit the car like a glove is 10 times better than a pre fab kit.

Im just picky bastard I guess.
Dave

Quick Reply: Nitrous Outlet Drag Radial Nitrous Car.