Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

want to run a 150 shot...should i go with harris speedworks kit or nitrous outlet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to run a 150 shot...should i go with harris speedworks kit or nitrous outlet?

just wondering what company would have the best/safest kit for a cam only car....just wanting to run a safe 150 shot any recommendations would be appreciated
Old 04-09-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would give both sponsors a call or PM and talk it over with them, let them both talk about the pros of their kits and see which one you like better. I used to run a full HSW kit which I had some issues with, and now I run HSW Electronics with Nitrous Outlet stuff from the solenoids forward and I am MUCH happier.

Last edited by SkullV; 04-10-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Teching In

I ordered all of the electronics from HSW and the plate kit from nitrous outlet.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 201 Likes on 142 Posts

Well to be honest with you at this point I wish I had went with a n2o plate kit over hsw dry plate! I bought the kit last fall intending to install it myself, but have not had the time. So I started lookin at shops to do the install and can't find one that will touch it! I think the microedge is an awsome piece from hsw, but im getting alot of mixed reviews on the interface. i thought the kit was awsome for what I was lookin to do, but been hearing otherwise. I pm'd Nick a couple times to see if they new of anybody in my area that would install this setup and never herd back. I would take it to hsw for the install but they are 8hrs away lol. Guess I will wait till I got the time to install it myself idk...
Old 04-09-2010, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to run whatever the message boards thought was the coolest thing. I even fell victim to sleezy sales pitches. Then I found HSW. Nick is the baddest mf'er I know when it comes to damned near all things nitrous. Have a 5 minute conversation with any of the guys at Harris, then call the other sponsor. You will be able to seperate facts from a sales pitch.

That being said, I have ran everything from a single nozzle, to a plate and nozzle combo, to my current setup. I have not ever had a single problem with their stuff.

Current Setup:

Previous Setup--Wet Plate+Elbow= not ideal

More previous--This plate hit hard. On a 100 shot it went 1.31 short time.

Last edited by jmill96Z; 04-09-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Well to be honest with you at this point I wish I had went with a n2o plate kit over hsw dry plate! I bought the kit last fall intending to install it myself, but have not had the time. So I started lookin at shops to do the install and can't find one that will touch it! I think the microedge is an awsome piece from hsw, but im getting alot of mixed reviews on the interface. i thought the kit was awsome for what I was lookin to do, but been hearing otherwise. I pm'd Nick a couple times to see if they new of anybody in my area that would install this setup and never herd back. I would take it to hsw for the install but they are 8hrs away lol. Guess I will wait till I got the time to install it myself idk...
a dry plate might be too high-tech for your local shops. i can imagine them staring at the interface like its some alien technology
Old 04-09-2010, 08:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
You could sell it to me really cheap and I will come pick it up tomorrow.

But, for the company I run all HSW stuff. Fast shipping and they have fantastic tech support.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I run all HSW stuff as well and love it. The guys at HSW are always ready to help you out.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:17 AM
8 Second Club

I'll go against the grain here...I use ALL Nitrous Outlet, everything was as advertised and works flawlessly. Customer service and technical help is second to NONE!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

I have never used the HSW stuff so i can't speak about their product. But i used all Nitrous Express (NX) stuff and loved it, ALWAYS worked.

Last edited by Chris05ssTruck; 04-10-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

LOVE the HSW plate, I am runninone side dry and gonna step up to a dual hit dry later. HSW plate FTW!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:45 PM
8 second mod

i had some issues with my NX stuff. bad noid, bad purge 2 times, i have had great luck with daves parts and have heard great stuff about HSW. i would call both and to be honest wouldnt be afraid of either or even mixing parts. i run some dyno tune stuff as well with great luck
Old 04-10-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 201 Likes on 142 Posts

Dont get me wrong, I think harris makes some great stuff!! Its the local shops that are acting like the interface is "alien" technology lol. i will get it installed myself no prob if it comes down to it! I was assuming that performance shops in my area could handle this project no prob. They only want to install wet kits it seems... I need to clarify that everything that I got from HSW looks to be very high quality parts!! I wish the kit was installed already damn it.

Sorry op didnt mean to hijack lol, either company seems to make good stuff!

Last edited by kinglt-1; 04-12-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have N20 Outlet Wet kit and Zero Issue's with it.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
11 Second Club

I have a NOS power shot wet kit, with a HSW plate setup and the HSW microedge, HSW bottle mount, HSW switch plate panel, HSW purge etc...

needless to say, nick has helped me alot! I wont buy from anyone else!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:28 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WALK NASTY984
just wondering what company would have the best/safest kit for a cam only car....just wanting to run a safe 150 shot any recommendations would be appreciated
Most of the time you'll find that safety generally lies with the person using it. We've tried to really eliminate most of that with the use of electronics such as the MicroEDGE controller. By no means does that replace common sense but it does and will catch many mistakes made by novice users. Its always nice to have that little extra blanket of security in the back of your head while spraying. For the rest of safety, take a look into some accessories such as a filter and blowdown. Both of these items will help make any kit safer. I highly suggest learning from many of the forum members on here as well as indulge yourself in some heavy reading. A knowledgeable nitrous user is generally a more safe one.

As far as which kit to go with...that's up to you. Shop around and compare. I'm sure you'll be happy regardless of which direction you choose to go. If you have any questions along the way don't hesitate to PM, call or email us.

Nick
Old 04-12-2010, 10:23 PM
9 Second Club

I'm happy with the Harris customer service and products. I had an issue and Nick helped me out a lot. I'm back up and running and just have to finish installing my bottle heater and purge.

Quick Reply: want to run a 150 shot...should i go with harris speedworks kit or nitrous outlet?