Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP MS4 cam, and spray?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 02:47 PM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David vericker, i'm not taking sides here, but if you look at the cam only list, it'll give you a general idea of what any of those rides will do on the bottle, with the right combo (gear, tire, converter, etc) of course. Therefore, the ricer/mathematical figures means nothing.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by david vericker
Sorry OP for stepping on your thread again,but I just couldn't resist replying to the obvious stupidity in this morons last few posts.

Damn,you are without a doubt the only mechanical,electrical,or metallurgical engineer that I have conversed with throughout my career that spurns mathematics and physics referring to them as not being real world!! What was the name of that engineering school that you attend?

The numbers used to calculate the required HP/WEIGHT ratio to produce a given MPH in a 1320' run is pure physics and the mathematical equation used coverts those numbers into real world terms. The numbers produced are not even remotely related to any numbers (HP/TQ) associated with a dyno pull. So the HP required to run 140 mph at a given weight is not based on my personal bias,but is rather a fact of science. The only way these number could not be considered factual is if the facts present are totally without merit,thus the claimed performance will not correspond with the required power necessary to achieve that goal.
WOW! I do indeed feel bad for you. Real world conditions.... lets think of some that come into effect when running a car down a 1/4 mile which will all effect MPH and ET.

-wind resistance and aerodynamics
-weather, density altitude and the amount of oxygen the motor is getting to make that power
-converter gear and tire combinations
-tractions issues
-% error in timing lights as well as the elevation of the track from start to finish

Those are real world conditions that are not in affect in your super special CALCULATORS. Yes it takes a certain amount of power at a certain weight to go 140mph in 1320 feet, all these factors effect that, but then you have to correctly measure hp and therefore there are many other factors that effect that as well.

and then if you want to talk dyno numbers we can go into real world conditions that effect those too. But im not sure I want to make you look more like an idiot. If we all dynoed our cars and then used a calculator to tell everyone our 1/4 mile times then what would be the point of going to the track? Think before you reply because obviously you are stuck as a keyboard/bench racer and need to get out in the real world.

Yes I go to California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo, one of the best engineering schools in the country, but always remember you can always be mathematical smart and not real world smart and you will fail in life if you live like that, there is always change and percent error and if you went around in life using math for everything you would not be successful.

Are you done yet?
Old 04-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by camscam02
Hmmmm where to start with this. Look at the cam only list, there are cars in the 130's with just a cam. So the power is being made. It comes down to the setup and how much work people put into it. I just dont buy the latest "cool" part and listen to the manufacture when they say it will gain 15hp. It comes down to old school tech and figuring out what will work. As far as hard work, it is tweaking the setup for the last 3 years and finding improvements, this wasnt an over the night deal, we have been working at it for a long time and for someone to come on here and call us liars is just a kick in the nuts. I have nothing to hide, im not trying to become an internet legend I just want to share what we have accomplished. There is faster out there with my setup and there will be in the future.

As for not going to different heads, I am in college working towards my mechanical engineering degree, I dont have a lot of money to waste on the car and the intake setups/heads I would want cost in the 4k range together and thats not in the budget. Soon we will be doing a pair of our own ported/valved 243 heads and see how they do, on a budget ofcourse. Its a budget car with a alot of drag racing experience and knowledge behind it. It will go faster and I have nothing to hide. Everybody I know can attest for the car and thats a ton of people.
Im with you on this bud. But when you say tweaking and the amount of work you put into it... are you talking about trial and error? The tune? Did you start with one cam and try another? Or did you just put the ms3 cam in and dial in the suspension? What did you compare your setup too to figure out how it would work? Again Im not calling you a liar at all. I just want to know what process you went through. Because Im still slow. But IF I can run similar times with a similar setup... I would be very happy. The people with cam only c5's like mine,that I have met, only run in the 12's. Im sure there are faster setups for me... but single digits on a 150 would be great If I knew how to do it.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by shortdog
David vericker, i'm not taking sides here, but if you look at the cam only list, it'll give you a general idea of what any of those rides will do on the bottle, with the right combo (gear, tire, converter, etc) of course. Therefore, the ricer/mathematical figures means nothing.
Understand this! The calculation for determining the HP produced is based on the performance results...trap speed as a example. So all the other factors you guy's may throw out there are not really relevant in terms of changing what is. It takes X amount of HP to produce 140 mph trap speeds in a car weighing 3400 lbs. If the car in question can not produce the amount of HP required at the 1320' mark it will not run 140 mph and this is regardless of any other circumstances during the run. This is not rocket science dudes,but I can understand how some people may have problems grasping the concept.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:12 PM

^ You can't be serious.

Weather, tire size, gearing, converter, etc can have an effect on trap speed. This is a fact, not some BS ricer math.

Maybe your car just don't have the right setup.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Regular

^ You can't be serious.

Weather, tire size, gearing, converter, etc can have an effect on trap speed. This is a fact, not some BS ricer math.

Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suite. I give up,it's just not easy enough for some to understand. See ya!!
Old 04-24-2010, 08:11 PM

^Really??
So all the other factors you guy's may throw out there are not really relevant in terms of changing what is. .
You have 383 stroker that runs 10.5s on a 175 shot = turd. Your opinion and ricer math is worthless. Stick to bench/dyno racing idiot.

Dirty Vegas, sorry for hijacking your thread.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:10 PM
9 Second Club

Understand this! The calculation for determining the HP produced is based on the performance results...trap speed as a example. So all the other factors you guy's may throw out there are not really relevant in terms of changing what is. It takes X amount of HP to produce 140 mph trap speeds in a car weighing 3400 lbs. If the car in question can not produce the amount of HP required at the 1320' mark it will not run 140 mph and this is regardless of any other circumstances during the run. This is not rocket science dudes,but I can understand how some people may have problems grasping the concept.
We understand it takes X amount of power to go 140mph in 1320 feet. But how are you going to properly measure the amount of hp that a car makes? because I know and you should know that dynos aren't the answer. In the end the car went 140mph with bone stock heads so it OBVIOUSLY has the power to go 140mph in 1320 feet. Sorry you cant accept that fact but it is indeed fact and it did happen so stop arguing, because its not helping your case.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:15 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by vff_jeff
Im with you on this bud. But when you say tweaking and the amount of work you put into it... are you talking about trial and error? The tune? Did you start with one cam and try another? Or did you just put the ms3 cam in and dial in the suspension? What did you compare your setup too to figure out how it would work? Again Im not calling you a liar at all. I just want to know what process you went through. Because Im still slow. But IF I can run similar times with a similar setup... I would be very happy. The people with cam only c5's like mine,that I have met, only run in the 12's. Im sure there are faster setups for me... but single digits on a 150 would be great If I knew how to do it.
Tweaking is everything from converter setup to gear setup to suspension setup to the tune as well. We got lucky with this cam, If I could go back I would do something different but it works. Understand this, to go fast it is more about the overall setup then just what cam you are running. I read and read and read what people were doing with certain setups and parts as well as talking to many people that have gone the numbers and I trust. You have to weed out 90% of the bs out there to figure out the right things to believe. From there we make decisions what we want to do and where we want to go. Just dont think you can copy and setup and go just as fast, that wont work, you need to experiment and figure out what works for your car. Its not an over the night deal.

good luck.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:30 AM
SMS
Staging Lane

^ You can't be serious.

I have no dog in this fight, but have read with great interest about Cams car, It's awesome for sure.

I think the point David is trying to make is that if we can agree it takes "x" amount of horsepower to move 3400lbs from 0 mph to 140mph in 1320 feet, external factors can only make the car slower not faster. The only way it could be quicker is if the math in the HP calculator is flawed which it may be due to the factors Cam described, who knows?

Once again Cam, congrats on the great ET's. I really like to see cars with a relatively simple set up that just haul ***!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:28 AM

The factors that Cam and I keep addressing is being OVERLOOKED!

For those who have automatic cars that's running good numbers should understand.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

^Really??
You have 383 stroker that runs 10.5s on a 175 shot = turd. Your opinion and ricer math is worthless. Stick to bench/dyno racing idiot.

Dirty Vegas, sorry for hijacking your thread.
Listen dude I've been down the drag strip thousands of times and still run at Milan Drag Way. Running a IRS Mn12 car against a automatic straight axle car isn't comparing apples to apples if it's from a dead dig. However,I'll tell you this smart ***,lets do a 25 mph roll race where the HP/TQ are the deciding factors then you'll see what my car can do...it's called kick the **** out of that automatic F Body form 25 mph to 150 mph no doubt. Once I confirm that he is only running a 150 shot and that the car weighs 3400# it's ball game over...my HP/TQ (606/589) is far superior to what his cam only car can produce. I only wish that I lived in Calafornia so that I could record crushing that piece of ****...you don't know how badly I want to do this. Drag racing is my first love and taking down bull-******** is what it's all about. I'll show you two what ricer math can do,it's call really world performance. I doubt if you two morons ever heard of W2W,they were one of the premier engine builders in this entire country. So you can bet your sweet *** my car will run to win!

Last edited by david vericker; 04-25-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:36 PM
9 Second Club

Listen dude I've been down the drag strip thousands of times and still run at Milan Drag Way. Running a IRS Mn12 car against a automatic straight axle car isn't comparing apples to apples if it's from a dead dig. However,I'll tell you this smart ***,lets do a 25 mph roll race where the HP/TQ are the deciding factors then you'll see what my car can do...it's called kick the **** out of that automatic F Body form 25 mph to 150 mph no doubt. Once I confirm that he is only running a 150 shot it's ball game over...my HP/TQ (606/589) is far superior to what his cam only car can produce. I only wish that I lived in Calafornia so that I could record crushing that piece of ****...you don't know how badly I want to do this. Drag racing is my first love and taking down bull-******** is what it's all about. I'll show you two what ricer math can do,it's call really world performance. I doubt if you two morons ever heard of W2W,they were one of the premier engine builders in this entire country. So you can bet your sweet *** my car will run to win!
The funny thing is, Ill put a .052 jet in it and still walk your ***. Once again the ricer in you prevails, a roll race? you should own a honda or maybe even a supra. I DONT care what your shitty dyno numbers are, we race at the track and not on the dyno.

Come on down because im no bullshitter, I tell it straight, you can ask everyone that knows me, along with showing the 10 people that were at the track with me the .062 jet that went in it. So come on down, bring some cash and Ill be waiting.

You're right I know nothing, yea W2W can build a nice shortblock, but they couldnt help your stupid decision in the whole SETUP.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow... You are an *******... Where are ya going to go when tha priceless w2w motor that runs like a dog for whatever reason dies
Old 04-25-2010, 01:40 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SMS
I have no dog in this fight, but have read with great interest about Cams car, It's awesome for sure.

I think the point David is trying to make is that if we can agree it takes "x" amount of horsepower to move 3400lbs from 0 mph to 140mph in 1320 feet, external factors can only make the car slower not faster. The only way it could be quicker is if the math in the HP calculator is flawed which it may be due to the factors Cam described, who knows?

Once again Cam, congrats on the great ET's. I really like to see cars with a relatively simple set up that just haul ***!
there are also factors that make a car quicker. Density altitude playing a huge role, as well as converter setups and gear setups. Staying in your power range more accurately will do wonders.

Thanks man, hopefully have some new numbers here soon.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

The funny thing is, Ill put a .052 jet in it and still walk your ***. Once again the ricer in you prevails, a roll race? you should own a honda or maybe even a supra. I DONT care what your shitty dyno numbers are, we race at the track and not on the dyno.

Come on down because im no bullshitter, I tell it straight, you can ask everyone that knows me, along with showing the 10 people that were at the track with me the .062 jet that went in it. So come on down, bring some cash and Ill be waiting.

You're right I know nothing, yea W2W can build a nice shortblock, but they couldnt help your stupid decision in the whole SETUP.
**** you ******* bull-shitting...anytime you want to run that race I'll kick your *** all the way home. 150 shot (750 psi bottle pressure) cam only in a 3400# car trapping at 140 mph...don't need dyno numbers to kick your weak bull-******** ***. I'll kick your weak *** so badly from that 25 mph roll you won't know what hit you. The road runs both ways let me know when you'll arrive...we'll be ready to insect your car and have it scaled. Then it's *** kicking time bull-******* suffer boy.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:13 PM
9 Second Club

**** you ******* bull-shitting...anytime you want to run that race I'll kick your *** all the way home. 150 shot (750 psi bottle pressure) cam only in a 3400# car trapping at 140 mph...don't need dyno numbers to kick your weak bull-******** ***. I'll kick your weak *** so badly from that 25 mph roll you won't know what hit you. The road runs both ways let me know when you'll arrive...we'll be ready to insect your car and have it scaled. Then it's *** kicking time bull-******* suffer boy.
Somebody is getting a little upset. I think you just used cuss words in a way ive never heard before. Guess you are doing something right.

If we make it to the lsx shootout Ill be sure to let you know, because we know you wont live up to your word, you're just another keyboard racer.

Have a good day. Im gonna take the high road now that ive proved you know nothing. seeee ya.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:00 PM

However,I'll tell you this smart ***,lets do a 25 mph roll race where the HP/TQ are the deciding factors then you'll see what my car can do...it's called kick the **** out of that automatic F Body form 25 mph to 150 mph no doubt.

Real racing is FROM A DIG (unless it's a nascar race). It separates the men from the boys.

THE END
Old 04-25-2010, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

Damn its hostile in here.

There is no set hp:mph equation. There are way too many variables that factor into the equation. All of this will differ with the efficiency of the setup. That calculator is a guess, and that is all. Just let it go
Old 04-25-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Somebody is getting a little upset. I think you just used cuss words in a way ive never heard before. Guess you are doing something right.

If we make it to the lsx shootout Ill be sure to let you know, because we know you wont live up to your word, you're just another keyboard racer.

Have a good day. Im gonna take the high road now that ive proved you know nothing. seeee ya.
So long you jive *** phony !! Yeah I'm a keyboard racer alright,I guess that's
why I took second place in the Holbrook Saturday Shoot Out Series at Milan drag way in the 11.00 index class for 2009. I was the only street car entered in the 9.00,10.00 or 11.00 index classes. All of the other cars entered in the Holbrook Shoot Out Series were dedicated race cars that never see the street. Here is the number 734 439 7368 to the Milan Drag Way office...give them a call to verify what I just stated. The next time you call someone a ricer math dyno bench racer,dude make sure you know what your talking about.

So big time drag racer tell me about your last accomplishment at the strip. Oh,I forgot you just a phony that likes to pretend that he is actually a drag racer. Like I told you and that other mental pegme that likes to posts on this thread,I've been down the strip thousands of times in the last forty years.

Last edited by david vericker; 04-25-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: TSP MS4 cam, and spray?