Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP MS4 cam, and spray?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camscam02
9.86 139 on a 150 shot at 3400 lbs on stock heads. It will make good power if you know what you are doing.
That trap speed indicates approximately 615 rwhp for a 3400# car. Man that's a lot of NA HP that engine produces with stock heads. Let see here...it takes approximately 465 NA rwhp HP + 150 shot to = 615 rwhp. Most H/C 346 lsx engines don't make that kind of power...give us the scoop on that incredible engine combo.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by david vericker
That trap speed indicates approximately 615 rwhp for a 3400# car. Man that's a lot of NA HP that engine produces with stock heads. Let see here...it takes approximately 465 NA rwhp HP + 150 shot to = 615 rwhp. Most H/C 346 lsx engines don't make that kind of power...give us the scoop on that incredible engine combo.
I go by real world results not some calculators and math. Car made 435 on motor through slicks and locked converter. went 10.97 122 in ok weather. this 9.86 140 was on a single .062 nitrous jet at 750 or so bottle pressure and pretty good weather. Nothing special in the car. even has a stock water pump and powersteering on it. I dont know what you want me to say, the car runs and we know what we are doing.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

I go by real world results not some calculators and math. Car made 435 on motor through slicks and locked converter. went 10.97 122 in ok weather. this 9.86 140 was on a single .062 nitrous jet at 750 or so bottle pressure and pretty good weather. Nothing special in the car. even has a stock water pump and powersteering on it. I dont know what you want me to say, the car runs and we know what we are doing.
You did all that with only 750 psi bottle pressure? Car weighing 3400# that is cam only,150 shot of nitrous,and 750 psi bottle pressure...Yeah that's real world alright!!

I will not post on this tread again,but that's just plan *** crazy!!

Edit; Again I ask...give us your engine combo that made 435 rwhp cam only.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:01 PM
9 Second Club

You did all that with only 750 psi bottle pressure? Car weighing 3400# that is cam only,150 shot of nitrous,and 750 psi bottle pressure...Yeah that's real world alright!!

I will not post on this tread again,but that's just plan *** crazy!!

Edit; Again I ask...give us your engine combo that made 435 rwhp cam only.
Are trying to sit here and call me a liar? would you like the 50+ people that have seen the car run the number come in here and make you look stupid? What do I have to prove to you?

ms3 cam, prc duals
home ported fast 90/90
SSRA, gm 85mm maf, 85mm Fast toys lid, smooth bellow
Pacesetter longtubes 1 3/4 custom dyno max duals
Underdrive pulley, no a/c

Just a bunch of junk

What else are you gonna come on here and say? the calculator and math formulas said its not possible and you yourself dont believe it can be done? So therefore Its not possible and Im a liar?
Old 04-22-2010, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

Are trying to sit here and call me a liar? would you like the 50+ people that have seen the car run the number come in here and make you look stupid? What do I have to prove to you?

ms3 cam, prc duals
home ported fast 90/90

Just a bunch of junk

What else are you gonna come on here and say? the calculator and math formulas said its not possible and you yourself dont believe it can be done? So therefore Its not possible and Im a liar?
You're leaving a lot of the story out. What trans/converter/rear? 3400 w/ driver?
Old 04-22-2010, 04:28 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dirty Vegas
You're leaving a lot of the story out. What trans/converter/rear? 3400 w/ driver?
did you read the thread I posted? it is all in there. He didnt ask for that, he asked for the motor set up. I have nothing to hide. but then again I must be a liar because none of this is possible by the internet.

th400
FTI converter
9inch with 3.89s
28x10.5S
yes 3392 with driver, verified by corner scales.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

wow i have high hopes for next month!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Regular

ms3 cam, prc duals
home ported fast 90/90

Just a bunch of junk

Listen sonny. With 750 psi bottle pressure your nitrous system is like only 70% efficient,so with some piddle *** cam only engine you made the equivalent 615 rwhp on a 150 shot. Tell this bullshit to whomever is stupid enough to believe it...your not a liar...but either the time slip is bogus as hell or your not telling the entire truth!! I don't need math only to substantiate the facts,however math (reality) is obviously beyond your ability to comprehend. Yeah this is the internet so anything posted must be fact.

No bench racer here...I started drag racing long before you ever thought of it!!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:51 PM
9 Second Club

Listen sonny. With 750 psi bottle pressure your nitrous system is like only 70% efficient,so with some piddle *** cam only engine you made the equivalent 615 rwhp on a 150 shot. Tell this bullshit to whomever is stupid enough to believe it...your not a liar...but either the time slip is bogus as hell or your not telling the entire truth!! I don't need math only to substantiate the facts,however math (reality) is obviously beyond your ability to comprehend. Yeah this is the internet so anything posted must be fact.

No bench racer here...I started drag racing long before you ever thought of it!!
You are an absolute idiot. Sorry your broke *** 383 cant run the number but no need to come here throwing up the BS flag because you are nothing but a jealous nut hugger. Go take your dyno numbers somewhere else and show up with some money and your broke *** setup and Ill drag your *** in person. No if and or buts about it. Your right the time slip is bogus along with the 9.92 it ran and 9.96 and the 9.98 and oh even the 9.78 let alone I made a video from scratch with nothing but fake images. Go pout somewhere else because your junk dont run the number.

Either put up or shutup SONNY, because I have nothing to hide. As for the math comment, guaranteed Ive took more math and know more then you can even think about.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:00 AM
9 Second Club

here ya go hater. Put down the pipe and start believing, you are prolly doing the OOOOO face like the guy in the video too.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-23-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

You are an absolute idiot. Sorry your broke *** 383 cant run the number but no need to come here throwing up the BS flag because you are nothing but a jealous nut hugger. Go take your dyno numbers somewhere else and show up with some money and your broke *** setup and Ill drag your *** in person. No if and or buts about it. Your right the time slip is bogus along with the 9.92 it ran and 9.96 and the 9.98 and oh even the 9.78 let alone I made a video from scratch with nothing but fake images. Go pout somewhere else because your junk dont run the number.

Either put up or shutup SONNY, because I have nothing to hide. As for the math comment, guaranteed Ive took more math and know more then you can even think about.
The point isn't if you ran the numbers or not. The point is the set up you described...3400# car,cam only,with 750 psi bottle pressure can't make enough HP to run 140 MPH period. MPH is strictly a function of HP and even a smart *** like you can't deny that fact.

So,I'll ask everyone out there this question. This guy's 3400# car was making approximately 500 rwhp based on the set up "he" discribed.. How many of you guy's with approximately 500 rwhp and a car close to 3400# have run 140 mph?

My car makes 606/589 when running the 175 shot with 975 psi bottle pressure and the car weighs 3490 with me in it. My best MPH through the traps is 138.64 which is just about dead nuts based on HP/WEIGHT ratio for a 1320' run.

This clown must think that everyone out there just plain stupid. If he is capable of running the numbers he has stated then it wasn't with 500 rwhp in a 3400 # car!!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:54 PM
9 Second Club

The point isn't if you ran the numbers or not. The point is the set up you described...3400# car,cam only,with 750 psi bottle pressure can't make enough HP to run 140 MPH period. MPH is strictly a function of HP and even a smart *** like you can't deny that fact.

So,I'll ask everyone out there this question. This guy's 3400# car was making approximately 500 rwhp based on the set up "he" discribed.. How many of you guy's with approximately 500 rwhp and a car close to 3400# have run 140 mph?

My car makes 606/589 when running the 175 shot with 975 psi bottle pressure and the car weighs 3490 with me in it. My best MPH through the traps is 138.64 which is just about dead nuts based on HP/WEIGHT ratio for a 1320' run.

This clown must think that everyone out there just plain stupid. If he is capable of running the numbers he has stated then it wasn't with 500 rwhp in a 3400 # car!!

Get off the Ricer hp calculators because there are way too many factors to effect those, along with dynos and well thats another story. You have no idea what you are talking about and I actually feel bad for you. You have listened to shops and uninformed people feed you BS and you are stuck in the ,hp to weight to times to calling BS, bubble.

What can DA effect? mph. what can a converter effect? mph. What can rear gear effect? mph. Is your "special" math calculator using any of this? I think no, please do some reading before trying to talk to people who go way over your head with knowledge. Ive been doing this for 21 years and we KNOW what we are doing and you DO not.

The funny thing your 383 with a bunch of crap parts makes 606 on a 175shot.... 606-175= 431 hp on motor???? out of a 383??? hahahahahhaha. Time to pay a different shop to build your car. Hows my math on that one?

Just step away from the key board and learn a little bit before trying to come on here and call BS. Dont blame me your car cant run the number. ****, give me your motor and Ill show you how to do it. Because that thing is WEAK. Even makes less on motor then my CAM ONLY car.

Have a good day ricer and hopefully if you reply you start showing some knowledge and respect. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Regular

Get off the Ricer hp calculators because there are way too many factors to effect those, along with dynos and well thats another story. You have no idea what you are talking about and I actually feel bad for you. You have listened to shops and uninformed people feed you BS and you are stuck in the ,hp to weight to times to calling BS, bubble.

What can DA effect? mph. what can a converter effect? mph. What can rear gear effect? mph. Is your "special" math calculator using any of this? I think no, please do some reading before trying to talk to people who go way over your head with knowledge. Ive been doing this for 21 years and we KNOW what we are doing and you DO not.

The funny thing your 383 with a bunch of crap parts makes 606 on a 175shot.... 606-175= 431 hp on motor???? out of a 383??? hahahahahhaha. Time to pay a different shop to build your car. Hows my math on that one?

Just step away from the key board and learn a little bit before trying to come on here and call BS. Dont blame me your car cant run the number. ****, give me your motor and Ill show you how to do it. Because that thing is WEAK. Even makes less on motor then my CAM ONLY car.

Have a good day ricer and hopefully if you reply you start showing some knowledge and respect. Thanks.
Actually a ZEX direct port 175 shot is flywheel rated so it only put out 146 additional rwhp on the dyno. I have two different NA dyno results (both Dynojets) #1-482 rwhp & #2-461rwhp=606rwhp on nitrous. Obviously one dyno is more conservative than the other. However, this is not about my car there surfer boy,I'm not the one making the dumb of my *** claims such as you.

The only rebuttal coming from you is to shift the focus over to anything other than the subject at hand,and why is that? It's because you don't have a clue about what it actually takes to produce the number...140 MPH trap speed. The only person lacking knowledge on this tread is you. So go spread that ridiculous bull **** you claim as fact to rest of your surfer buddies,because their the only one's on this entire forum stupid enough to believe it.

I don't intend to post on this tread again. Can't see wasting anymore time with some jive *** like you.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:55 PM
9 Second Club

Actually a ZEX direct port 175 shot is flywheel rated so it only put out 146 additional rwhp on the dyno. I have two different NA dyno results (both Dynojets) #1-482 rwhp & #2-461rwhp=606rwhp on nitrous. Obviously one dyno is more conservative than the other. However, this is not about my car there surfer boy,I'm not the one making the dumb of my *** claims such as you.

The only rebuttal coming from you is to shift the focus over to anything other than the subject at hand,and why is that? It's because you don't have a clue about what it actually takes to produce the number...140 MPH trap speed. The only person lacking knowledge on this tread is you. So go spread that ridiculous bull **** you claim as fact to rest of your surfer buddies,because their the only one's on this entire forum stupid enough to believe it.

I don't intend to post on this tread again. Can't see wasting anymore time with some jive *** like you.
Good for you, that is still really really weak and you say I dont know what Im doing? who did you pay to produce those weak numbers? What business told you all these facts that produced **** for power. Enough about you, it is too damn easy to make you look like an idiot.

What do I know? hmmmm lets see, I actually have a car that goes 140 mph unlike someone like you who uses calculators to tell someone they are lying. Yes a calculator. I actually put this setup together myself, put on everything myself and partially tuned the car myself, and then again I know nothing. You are fool.

I dont need a rebuttal because I have nothing to hide, Sorry your calculator couldnt match up, but us, being in the REAL world, know that is the case most of the time. If it wasn't, we would all be dyno, bench, and calculator RACERS like yourself. Go grab a book or experience and get some knowledge because you dont know jack **** about the real world.

good day sir, and remember you are more then welcome to come see the car yourself, I dont hide behind the interweb, myself and the car are known all over and would be damn happy to kick you in the *** in person.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:59 PM
9 Second Club

Heres your 140 mph which I know nothing about. Reeeetard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk3Pn...layer_embedded
Old 04-24-2010, 01:30 AM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Your making great power NA for sure. According to this list https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...ck-ci-h-c.html Everyone else that trapped around 125 and weighed about the same had at least heads over your setup.
And running 9's with an untouched 346 with a cam and a 150 shot is insane. I looked everywhere on this site and others. A lot of well built cars with more motor, and more spray running those times/mph at the same weight/60ft. Your spray MPH is very high.
Obviously this is not an average ls1 setup. Hence why so much attention.
But I'm curious though. You said before '' hard work'' is why it performed so well. What exactly are you referring to? I know I can speak for many people when I ask this. Because you obviously have a recipe for success. And some of us may want to have a similar setup, Of course. Congrats on the times though. However you did them, they are very fast for sure.
ps. Why have you not gone with a good set of heads, better intake, or whatever? Are you trying to set a cam/nitrous only record?

Last edited by vff_jeff; 04-24-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:07 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by vff_jeff
Your making great power NA for sure. According to this list https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...ck-ci-h-c.html Everyone else that trapped around 125 and weighed about the same had at least heads over your setup.
And running 9's with an untouched 346 with a cam and a 150 shot is insane. I looked everywhere on this site and others. A lot of well built cars with more motor, and more spray running those times/mph at the same weight/60ft. Your spray MPH is very high.
Obviously this is not an average ls1 setup. Hence why so much attention.
But I'm curious though. You said before '' hard work'' is why it performed so well. What exactly are you referring to? I know I can speak for many people when I ask this. Because you obviously have a recipe for success. And some of us may want to have a similar setup, Of course. Congrats on the times though. However you did them, they are very fast for sure.
ps. Why have you not gone with a good set of heads, better intake, or whatever? Are you trying to set a cam/nitrous only record?
Hmmmm where to start with this. Look at the cam only list, there are cars in the 130's with just a cam. So the power is being made. It comes down to the setup and how much work people put into it. I just dont buy the latest "cool" part and listen to the manufacture when they say it will gain 15hp. It comes down to old school tech and figuring out what will work. As far as hard work, it is tweaking the setup for the last 3 years and finding improvements, this wasnt an over the night deal, we have been working at it for a long time and for someone to come on here and call us liars is just a kick in the nuts. I have nothing to hide, im not trying to become an internet legend I just want to share what we have accomplished. There is faster out there with my setup and there will be in the future.

As for not going to different heads, I am in college working towards my mechanical engineering degree, I dont have a lot of money to waste on the car and the intake setups/heads I would want cost in the 4k range together and thats not in the budget. Soon we will be doing a pair of our own ported/valved 243 heads and see how they do, on a budget ofcourse. Its a budget car with a alot of drag racing experience and knowledge behind it. It will go faster and I have nothing to hide. Everybody I know can attest for the car and thats a ton of people.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

why is 600hp so hard to beilieve on a 200 shot?
Old 04-24-2010, 01:23 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TA1364
why is 600hp so hard to beilieve on a 200 shot?
The funny thing is it's not about dyno numbers. Because dyno numbers don't mean anything but ricer braggng rights and even funnier because my car would be lucky to make 550 on those dyno things because of a th400. Some people just don't understand the real world. Btw that last part wasn't directed towards you TA.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

The funny thing is it's not about dyno numbers. Because dyno numbers don't mean anything but ricer braggng rights and even funnier because my car would be lucky to make 550 on those dyno things because of a th400. Some people just don't understand the real world. Btw that last part wasn't directed towards you TA.
Sorry OP for stepping on your thread again,but I just couldn't resist replying to the obvious stupidity in this morons last few posts.

Damn,you are without a doubt the only mechanical,electrical,or metallurgical engineer that I have conversed with throughout my career that spurns mathematics and physics referring to them as not being real world!! What was the name of that engineering school that you attend?

The numbers used to calculate the required HP/WEIGHT ratio to produce a given MPH in a 1320' run is pure physics and the mathematical equation used coverts those numbers into real world terms. The numbers produced are not even remotely related to any numbers (HP/TQ) associated with a dyno pull. So the HP required to run 140 mph at a given weight is not based on my personal bias,but is rather a fact of science. The only way these number could not be considered factual (within an allowable tolerance) is if the facts present are totally without merit,thus the claimed performance will not correspond with the required power necessary to achieve that goal.

Quick Reply: TSP MS4 cam, and spray?