Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check out my plugs 250 shot...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 05:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would make a pass on motor and read the plugs to give you a reference point that they are ok before spraying... that way, if you end up with one side leaner than the other again, you will know it wasn't that way on motor.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do agree about making sure its not a motor issue, as last year i didnt have this issue on the same jets, however last year i was using an 8 foot coiled up -4 line to combat a lean spike!!! So now that I have that somewhat sorted out im pretty sure the car is getting more spray as i think that 8 foot -4 line was limiting the nitrous to the car.

Onto the timing issue, I recalled Nitro Dave talking about wiping the strap off as sometimes there is a film on there and sure enough that lighter colored film came off and now the timing line is clearly visible. Which leads me to my next conclusion, as the car must be seeing more spray w/ the new setup as i have 1 more degree of retard than last year and the br8efs dont seem to be cold enough anymore. Which plug should I drop to, b9efs or is there a non projected 10?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tapered seat..... (stock head)
Heat Range: 10
Plug: NGK R5724-10 (stock number 7993)

Quick Reply: check out my plugs 250 shot...