Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous for Dummys, got the purge kit mounted, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nitrous for Dummys, got the purge kit mounted, now what?

Trying to figure out how to assemble this pieced together kit I got for my LT1. I have the purge solinoid mounted along with the gauge...

I have the bottle set up in the back with the feed line ran and I have a shark nozzle to go in the intake tube. Now the question is, how do I hook up all the rest??

I have a fuel NOS solinoid and a nitrous NOS solinoid. The nitrous solinoid seems self explanitory with the feed line going to it right? Where do I tap into the fuel at?

Also I have a nitrous filter...
Where should this be placed and since its used, I want to replace the element, where can I get that at?

I have ALOT more questions but Ill start at that.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:50 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always thought you wanted the purge on the "purge" side labeled port of the NX solenoids so that you purge all the gas all the way up and through the firing solenoid but I am sure thats ok how you have it.

Put your NX noid on the other side of that T. And then mount your fuel solenoid and run the small (probably 3an) line from the "out" port on the NX/Fuel noids to the shark nozzle.

Are you asking about wiring too?
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Speed Density
I always thought you wanted the purge on the "purge" side labeled port of the NX solenoids so that you purge all the gas all the way up and through the firing solenoid but I am sure thats ok how you have it.

Put your NX noid on the other side of that T. And then mount your fuel solenoid and run the small (probably 3an) line from the "out" port on the NX/Fuel noids to the shark nozzle.

Are you asking about wiring too?
Like I should switch the purge solenoid around?

Where should I tap into the fuel line at? And yes, I need to figure out wiring. I didnt want to get too ahead of myself with too many questions. But while Im at it, how do I figure out how much to spray? I was given a couple jets but no clue on how much they are for? I'd like to run a 150 shot if I can.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:49 PM
hashtagBMW

Your NX solenoid should have 3 ports on it. Feed or "in", purge and out. Out goes to the nozzle, feed is for the mainline and the purge is where you'd put the purge noid.

I am not sure where guys with LT1's pull fuel from, I never had to deal with it since I had aftermarket rails. Maybe someone will chime in.

Jetting, well there are jet charts for kits. I am not sure how you go about figuring that out but there is a load of info for size of hits and such.

Wiring, you'll need a realy for the noids, do you have a window switch or any activation device?
Old 07-15-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, I dont have any wiring with the kit. Is there a certain wiring kit to buy or is it something you can make?

Also I have a MSD 6A box (not an AL) is an AL required for my car or am I fine with the MSD 6a box and buying a rev limiter?
Old 07-15-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also, how much can I spray safely with a single shark nozzle?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by Black94Z28
Also, how much can I spray safely with a single shark nozzle?
What mods do you have done to the Car?? Have you upgraded the ful pump??
Old 07-16-2010, 06:48 PM
hashtagBMW

You're going to need a window switch if you dont want **** to blow up. Wiring a single stage kit, MSD box and window switch will take you a couple hours, its easy.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
What mods do you have done to the Car?? Have you upgraded the ful pump??
No not yet. was planning on upgrading before I sprayed. Any recommendations on one for a nitrous car? I am going to spray more down the road when I redo the engine (forged bottom end) Would like to buy one pump once if I can. Probably looking at 250-300 shot down the road or however much will get me into the high 9s.

As far as the mods, its right around 2900-3000 pounds, bolt ons, LT hookers, true dual exhaust, alt and battery relocate, no ps, ac, etc. Will have in before I spray a TH350 with 3800-4000 stall with nitrous plate, and 4.10 gears
Old 07-16-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Speed Density
You're going to need a window switch if you dont want **** to blow up. Wiring a single stage kit, MSD box and window switch will take you a couple hours, its easy.
Ok, guess Ill have to buy that then. Any one better than the other?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sell your msd and buy a MAllory 685 its the best box you can buy for the LT1 It has everything you need to wire up safety.

Quick Reply: Nitrous for Dummys, got the purge kit mounted, now what?