Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry Nozzle too close to MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry Nozzle too close to MAF?

Basically having a bucking issue while on nitrous. I would say the nozzle is roughly 4 inches from the maf and pointed directly at it. I thought that was the way to hook it up but I ran some searches and it should be roughly 6-8 inches away and you may have to adjust the direction the nitrous is spraying.

I thought it was a window switch issue so I ran the nozzle off the solenoid itself and bypassed the window switch and still the same issue.

Just wanting to see if anyone has any pointers for nozzle placement and direction it should be spraying (if not directly at the maf), so I have some ideas when I try to tackle this problem in the morning.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

If you place it directly at the maf when you spray it the shot can easily overload the maf which is probably why your having this issue. I have seen them nozzle placed as far as 12in down the intake tube on the side so that it helps atomization of the nitrous.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

whats your A/F ratio?
Old 09-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Have you descreened the MAF??
Old 09-30-2010, 04:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
Have you descreened the MAF??
No. Should I?

C6batmobile,
With it that far away from the MAF wouldn't most of it just hit the inside of the lid where it curves so sharply to get to the MAF. Here I will draw a picture.

......!..!.....
......MAF

DOTS ARE OPEN SPACE !!!

That is my drawing of a lid because I can't do much searching at work. Arrow pointing to what would make the nozzle 12 inches away.... Wouldn't that cause the nitrous to mostly just hit the inside wall of the lid and/or the air filter and not actually getting much into the intake itself?

Last edited by 1998flamedCamaro; 09-30-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Thats the reason you are having a surging issue. The screen is freezing causing issues. Descreen it and the problem should go away.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

Thats the reason you are having a surging issue. The screen is freezing causing issues. Descreen it and the problem should go away.
Thanks. That will be the first thing I try when I get home.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1998flamedCamaro
No. Should I?

C6batmobile,
With it that far away from the MAF wouldn't most of it just hit the inside of the lid where it curves so sharply to get to the MAF. Here I will draw a picture.

......!..!.....
......MAF

DOTS ARE OPEN SPACE !!!

That is my drawing of a lid because I can't do much searching at work. Arrow pointing to what would make the nozzle 12 inches away.... Wouldn't that cause the nitrous to mostly just hit the inside wall of the lid and/or the air filter and not actually getting much into the intake itself?
Man Im no expert. I run a plate. Im just saying Ive seen it that far. I know the maf is easily overloaded when sprayed directly at though. If the experts say descreening it will work then give that a shot.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by c6 batmobile
Man Im no expert. I run a plate. Im just saying Ive seen it that far. I know the maf is easily overloaded when sprayed directly at though. If the experts say descreening it will work then give that a shot.
Yea, that is why I put it so close to the MAF, the way the lid curves I figured not much nitrous would actually make it to the intake with the nozzle that far away.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks, problem solved.