Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

found the limmet of the stock block

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010 | 10:52 AM
8 second mod

ss, i was running my solid over 8,000 rpm. call hp tuners they will give you the inside scoop.

dustin, wow, you have a ton of weight reduction you could do!!!

intens, yea, she worked out real good for a low budget set up. had a blast, even on the street.

01 and dirty, that motor accually made me money!! i bought it as a compleat motor and sold everything off of it, only thing i had to buy was the cam, and that is still good so i will be putting it in the ls2, thats why i dont care about hurting it. as for junk parts, the ls2 is a junk part, it came out of a trail blazer, chewed up the cam a tad but everything looks ok with it, pulled to caps and bearings look fine.
i paid $500 for it with 243 heads!!!! ive already sold all covers, oil pan, and other parts for $370 bucks so im into the ls2 so far for 130 bucks and i have the ls6 heads lol

so junk yard dawg is still going to be running on junk yard parts. only thing is, i will have a set of heads on it. (maybe)

cam, dont worry if i find another ls1 for short coin, i will be back. i know i could have gone .20's with the set up, im sure of it. so you should have no issue doing it, you are right there. beat my number and that will push me even harder to find another ls1. lol

as for the trunk, i own an hvac company and we do all of our own sheet metal so i had the alum right in stock. i saved about 30 pounds and i still have a bunch to chop out, prob another 15 to 25 pounds if i had to guess. i used thin alum and put in a small brace to suport the bottle
Old 10-19-2010 | 10:59 AM
8 Second Club

Please email me ur file so I can take a look at
Old 10-19-2010 | 01:42 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by SSPerformance
Please email me ur file so I can take a look at
yea, sure that will work. i have a hard time getting pics on photobucket, you think i can figure out how to e mail a tune. lol im not good with this computer crap.

i spoke to hp tuners, they sent me the info i needed to tune over 8,000 rpm

ps, i forgot to mention, i drove the car on the trailer and i drove it 500 feet from the trailer to my garage when i got home, she was still running. i will try to get pics tonight
Old 10-19-2010 | 02:16 PM
9 Second Club

fyi for posting pics, if you upload them to facebook, then you can right click on the picture and select copy image url, and then to post them on here click the mountains and yellow sky button in the quick posting box, right click and hit paste and it will put post the picture. you can do this for all your pictures once you upload them to facebook.

but Ill try to beat it, We'll see how close I can get, we need to put some heads on it and do a couple little things. It should go .40's easy but idk but .30's or .20's in its current state at 3330 lbs.
Old 10-19-2010 | 02:24 PM
8 second mod

cool, i will have to try that.

as for your car, i tossed mine together, quick and never spent any real time tuning it in, so im sure you can get it done with the time you guys will put into it.
good luck and let me know if you come across any ls1's
Old 10-19-2010 | 02:33 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
cool, i will have to try that.

as for your car, i tossed mine together, quick and never spent any real time tuning it in, so im sure you can get it done with the time you guys will put into it.
good luck and let me know if you come across any ls1's
Will do. With school I am 300 miles away from the car so Im never really spending that much time messing with it, I just come up with a lot of ideas in my down time and then we test them out.

We are doing more heads up racing with different tire scenerios so we are spending more time doing that. Maybe going out Oct. 30 and we should have good weather but Idk if I will have time to get to the track. who knows.
Old 10-19-2010 | 02:39 PM
8 second mod

i just got the time to do it, and it worked. got pics on photo bucket

Old 10-19-2010 | 06:48 PM
FormerVendor

Did you cut the spare tire hole out? I'll be replacing mine with steel so I can weld it in. I won't save quite as much.

It should be fairly easy for me to cut 200lbs without making the car a tin can.

I have several LS1's sitting around if you are looking to do that instead of the LS2.
Old 10-20-2010 | 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camscam02
Ouch!! That's a bummer to hear. I was liking the competition. Good luck with the Ls2.
Thats sucks about the motor. Hope you get it back together soon.

Im going to try and compete with you boys here soon. Cars been down for awhile but should be coming together shortly.
Old 10-20-2010 | 11:05 AM
9 Second Club

Damn! 9,000/10,000 RPM
Old 10-20-2010 | 12:34 PM
8 second mod

dustin, i did not, but again, that is a plan for this winter. cut all that out and patch it in.

let me know what you have for ls1 sitting around. shoot me a pm on info and price!!