Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spraying in 5th .. BOOOOM ??? ..

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 123 Likes on 110 Posts

As someone else said about the bottle pressure drop = excess fuel (not good) But a NANO system "may" work to keep the pressure up for that long of a time since it uses CO2? instead of temperature ?

As for "on the roll"...if you're geared right you have a chance
I had 2.73's at one time (was in the car when bought) but would 2.0 60' all day (mid 13's using only 1st & 2nd). It was fun playin' with the "ricers" since these old muscle cars weren't known for long fast runs. At 6K in 1st I could top out at 80,bang 2nd and bury the speedometer, but still had 3rd to go.....never knew what hit'em LOL

Last edited by Doug G; 12-18-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug G
As someone else said about the bottle pressure drop = excess fuel (not good) But a NANO system "may" work to keep the pressure up for that long of a time since it uses CO2? instead of temperature ?

As for "on the roll"...if you're geared right you have a chance
I had 2.73's at one time (was in the car when bought) but would 2.0 60' all day (mid 13's using only 1st & 2nd). It was fun playin' with the "ricers" since these old muscle cars weren't known for long fast runs. At 6K in 1st I could top out at 80,bang 2nd and bury the speedometer, but still had 3rd to go.....never knew what hit'em LOL
Yaap my friend has 98 Camaro A4 ( Japan Specs ) comes with 2.73
Man with that gear ratio you can travel from state to another at WOT and you will not be able to finish the 3rd loool
Old 12-19-2010, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ATVracr
It will help but no matter what the longer your in it the more heat your making. Maybe spray 3rd - 5th instead. LOL !
with a good tune, but staying in it for a while in 5th do you think there would be audible detonation before its too late? would a test runs logging knock sensors be of any help?
Old 12-19-2010, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
with a good tune, but staying in it for a while in 5th do you think there would be audible detonation before its too late? would a test runs logging knock sensors be of any help?
5th and 6th and over drives...so they are longer gears, which create more internal heat. I wouldnt even think twice about not spraying all of 5th gear.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
If you can hear detonation (knock) its too late and your motor is done. Logging won't be any good either. By the time you log it and try to tune for it your motor will be dead. Looking at your plugs is the best way to tune for it.

Quick Reply: Spraying in 5th .. BOOOOM ??? ..