Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

direct port nitrous on LS1 question/?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default direct port nitrous on LS1 question/?!?!

I have a fully forged LS1 11.1 compression,im looking to spray 200-300 shot. I found a great deal on a direct port kit and I was wondering of direct port will work on a LS1 intake well? Also can I tap my plastic intake for the nozzles? Lastly wet or dry?
Old 12-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

A direct port will work fine with an LS6 intake and you can tap the intake for the nozzles. I would suggest going wet.

Check out our gallery there are some LS6 intakes in there http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/installs/index.asp
Old 12-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Teching In

how much did an engine like that run you if u dont mind me asking?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Ok yea its a ls6 intake but I'll probably just buy a fast intake if I'm going to put alot of work into it.lol

how do i figure out what jets to start with on fuel and nitrous.. I'm new to the spray!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:10 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yoshgixxer
Ok yea its a ls6 intake but I'll probably just buy a fast intake if I'm going to put alot of work into it.lol

how do i figure out what jets to start with on fuel and nitrous.. I'm new to the spray!
As the cost comes down on older model fast intakes. I would tend to agree with you.

Jetting will be provided by us when you purchase your system. We can also help with the tuning process as you go up in shot size. We can also give you some insight if you decide to tackle the plumbing job yourself, or we can handle it here in shop in a reasonable time frame.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If still using the cars factory style computer system I would suggest going wet. If you are buying your system used Keep in mind you will need to purchase new hardline and maybe B-nuts and sleeves to re plumb it.

If purcahsing a system new make sure you know what you are buying. Make sure it will safely meet your power needs and has everything you need. Because the small expenses for stuff left out of the system in the beginning add up fast.

The systems manufacture normaly has a suggested jetting to start your tune up process with. If the system is used contact the manufacture of the system and ask for the jetting you need.

If you want to tackle plumbing the intake your self and need some advice hit us up. We will be happy to help you. We have plumbed more intakes for the LSX market than anyone in the industry. So we know all the little ins and outs to concider when plumbing.

If you decide plumbing it is something nyou are not able to handle we can plumb it, flow check it and ship it back to you with no problem.

Chris shared a link with you above to see some different intakes.

I have a post going I am updateing as I have time showing some different LSX intakes we have plumbed as well.

You can see it here.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...-attitude.html
Old 12-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Banned

so is the direct port kit not recommended for a standard "LS1" intake?
inquiring minds wanna know
Old 12-27-2010, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

They are a PITA to change the jets. I had one on a LS6 intake and then put it on a Fast. I had to redo most of the lines. If you are not going over 250hp then I would just run a plate system or a dual nozzle setup.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by mred
so is the direct port kit not recommended for a standard "LS1" intake?
inquiring minds wanna know
A Direct Port on a stock LS1 intake is very do-able. Here is an example of one we did recently.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:02 AM
Teching In

Default This is my setup on the ls6

This is my direct port setup am working on..
Attached Thumbnails direct port nitrous on LS1 question/?!?!-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: direct port nitrous on LS1 question/?!?!