Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 c5 zo6 C/E nitrous next wich kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 04 c5 zo6 C/E nitrous next wich kit?

I am looking into getting a nitrous kit for my c5 zo6 but dnt know wht to get and hav never used it .... ihave a comp .601 .605 236 238 112 lsa +4 cam with lg motorsports full exhaust and I am looking for a wet plate kit 100 shot wich was recomended ... now will my cam work fine wit this nitrous and wich brand should I go with safely and how bad will tht decrease engine life my ride has 49 xxx k miles and I know I have to retard timing about 2 degrees and ow hard to install since I have never messed with nitrous.. thanks fellas....
Old 02-01-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by c5z16z
I am looking into getting a nitrous kit for my c5 zo6 but dnt know wht to get and hav never used it .... ihave a comp .601 .605 236 238 112 lsa +4 cam with lg motorsports full exhaust and I am looking for a wet plate kit 100 shot wich was recomended ... now will my cam work fine wit this nitrous and wich brand should I go with safely and how bad will tht decrease engine life my ride has 49 xxx k miles and I know I have to retard timing about 2 degrees and ow hard to install since I have never messed with nitrous.. thanks fellas....
First and foremost, do you have a fuel pump in your car? A hotwire kit for the pump?

Your cam will work fine for the 100 shot. I have sprayed 150 hits on 135,000 mile bottom halfs with no issues and they never did die. You won't have a problem with the 100 shot on engine longevity as long as you have good fuel and pull the correct timing.

You want to pull 4 degrees on the 100 shot not 2 (rule of thumb:2 degress for every 50 shot.)

The install is easy and straight forward. It will come with directions.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
First and foremost, do you have a fuel pump in your car? A hotwire kit for the pump?

Your cam will work fine for the 100 shot. I have sprayed 150 hits on 135,000 mile bottom halfs with no issues and they never did die. You won't have a problem with the 100 shot on engine longevity as long as you have good fuel and pull the correct timing.

You want to pull 4 degrees on the 100 shot not 2 (rule of thumb:2 degress for every 50 shot.)

The install is easy and straight forward. It will come with directions.
Thanks man but wht brand should I go wit and is the wet. Plate kit a good choice also I do have the stock fuel pump I will need one. Wich one would work good with tht kit
Old 02-01-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks man but wht brand should I go wit and is the wet. Plate kit a good choice also I do have the stock fuel pump I will need one. Wich one would work good with tht kit
Get with Nitro Outlet, HSW or NX they are all our sponsors here at ls1tech. They will get you set up with a good plate kit.

I know vette fuel systems are a little different for the f-body platform so I would contact Nasty Performance about a pump and hotwire kit. They are also a sponsor. Most of our other vendors should be able to help for the fuel system. TSP, Speed inc, Vengeance Racing are to just name a few.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:32 PM
FormerVendor

c5z, A wet plate would be my suggestion. We have used dozens of the Nitrous Outlet Plate kits with EXCELLENT results.

Give us a call. We would be more than happy to put together a complete kit together that suits your specific needs.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
c5z, A wet plate would be my suggestion. We have used dozens of the Nitrous Outlet Plate kits with EXCELLENT results.

Give us a call. We would be more than happy to put together a complete kit together that suits your specific needs.
Thanks man ..... also I l know I need a new pump I plan on a racetronix 255 with the hotwire kit and a standalone fuel management system would u remcomend that pump and the standalone fuel system and wich brand should I go with on the standalone system........ thanks man .... ill be giving u a call ron when I'm ready
Old 02-02-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Veteran

If you are putting a pump in the tank and are only going to shoot around 100-150 you won't need a standalone. Just pull it off the rail for the fuel side.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Just curious?!?!..... whats your desire for a plate specifically?

Just curious because if you later on decided to go with a FAST or other aftermarket intake then it may be useless... Just a heads up to look into the future!!

We can get you set up on a system regardless!!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

As mentioned above, for 100 shot of nitrous I would pull fuel from the rail and not bother with a stand alone fuel system. A Racetronix Fuel Pump with voltage boosting harness would be my first choice for your application.

Give us a call when you are ready.

Thanks man ..... also I l know I need a new pump I plan on a racetronix 255 with the hotwire kit and a standalone fuel management system would u remcomend that pump and the standalone fuel system and wich brand should I go with on the standalone system........ thanks man .... ill be giving u a call ron when I'm ready
Old 02-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress

Just curious because if you later on decided to go with a FAST or other aftermarket intake then it may be useless... Just a heads up to look into the future!!

dammit i did wanna upgrade to a fast 102mm intake manifold but not now ... so if i cant use it with the fast intake then whats my option with a fast intake upgrade in the future a safe system....? and why does the plate system not work with the fast intake..?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Talking

dammit i did wanna upgrade to a fast 102mm intake manifold but not now ... so if i cant use it with the fast intake then whats my option with a fast intake upgrade in the future a safe system....? and why does the plate system not work with the fast intake..?

well right now a plate for the FAST is in development, however we dont know any timeframe as of now...

If you really want a plate kit I would go with a single nozzle system for your car now, then when the plate comes out just add it on it!
That will get you spraying now and will be compatible for an upgrade.

If you need pricing or any other info let me know and Ill be happy to help you out!!

Clay @NX
Old 02-02-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The FAST 102 intake is a very tight fit in the C5.

Here is a Nitrous Outlet 102 Plate...waiting on hardlines...

As for upgrading the intake later, a plate system (3 Bolt LS1/6 style) is a different Throttle Body bolt pattern than the 90, 92, 102 FAST (4 bolt LS2 style).
Old 02-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Launching!

well right now a plate for the FAST is in development, however we dont know any timeframe as of now...

If you really want a plate kit I would go with a single nozzle system for your car now, then when the plate comes out just add it on it!
That will get you spraying now and will be compatible for an upgrade.

If you need pricing or any other info let me know and Ill be happy to help you out!!

Clay @NX
ok well the pic below shows a claimed FAST 102 and a plate from nitrous outlet
...... and if one does not exist is there a big science to making a plate (machining one) as i am a CNC programer for a machine shop.... so i can probly custom make my own... i have several desighn softwares at work and tooling to make it if not i can order ....?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Launching!

and also the desire for the plate kit and such a small shot is that i want a really safe system and thats what was recomended by several people.....
Old 02-02-2011, 11:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can easily purchase a plate system for what intake you have now. And them sell the plate and purchase the new size plate to match your intake upgrade later. Great thing about our products is that you will not have an issue reselling anything.

Our vehicle specific Plate systems are hard to beat. They can deliver up to 400hp and they provide a sex appeal un matched by any other system on the market.

As soon as I get caught up Ill post you some pictures.

Dave
Old 02-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
You can easily purchase a plate system for what intake you have now. And them sell the plate and purchase the new size plate to match your intake upgrade later. Great thing about our products is that you will not have an issue reselling anything.

Our vehicle specific Plate systems are hard to beat. They can deliver up to 400hp and they provide a sex appeal un matched by any other system on the market.

As soon as I get caught up Ill post you some pictures.

Dave
Ok dave sounds good and right now I have the stock ls6 ntake and tb and thts wht I plan to use the system with ... but like u say later I can only upgrade the plate for the fast 102 intake right if thts the case thts perfect ...I would not wnt to tear down my whole set up for a intake manifold....
Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just use an NX Shark nozzle until until you get your intake down the road. Then upgrade to a plate. I can guarantee you the Shark nozzle with proper placement will hit just as hard as the plate for the level you want to shoot.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok dave sounds good and right now I have the stock ls6 ntake and tb and thts wht I plan to use the system with ... but like u say later I can only upgrade the plate for the fast 102 intake right if thts the case thts perfect ...I would not wnt to tear down my whole set up for a intake manifold....
We offer two styles of plate systems.

Universal. Includes plate with universal solenoid brackets and braided hoses.

Vehicle specific- Custom solenoid brackets, pre hardlined, specialty fittings.

With the vehicle specific is it taylored around the car and intake. So if you went to a fast intake later the solenoid brackets, hardlines and plates would change.

With the universal the only thing that would change would be the plate.

In the event you did want to start off with a single nozzle system our single nozzle system would be the way to go. Since it uses the same solenoids in our vehicle specific plate system all you would need is the parts to upgrade when you get the different intake.

Dave

Quick Reply: 04 c5 zo6 C/E nitrous next wich kit?