Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My hsw experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My hsw experience

I was at RPM having them install an hsw microedge kit and we ran into some issues. We tried calling hsw for about 6 hours straight and left several messages with no call back. I finally decided to try the email tech support. I explained that we have avdolrnoid driver box that has a short in it. I asked if I could drive by and swap it since we were 15 minutes from the shop. I was told there's no one there it's just a storage unit and I would have to mail my defective part in. The adress I was given was the same address as the storage unit.

Now I mailed it in and I was told by USPS it would be there in 2 days. It's been a week and hsw says they still have not received it. I'm just a little upset with the lack of customer service. I paid decent money for a full kit and I can't have someone pick up a phone? And If I would have been able to just drive down the road I could have swapped it but instead it has to be mailed in to the same exact address.

I understand it's not hsw's fault the package got lost, but had the product not been faulty, or they had a facility people can go to, or even call someone back to calm them down a little all this could have been avoided.

On their tech service bulletin I was told to heck with the shipper. They said it went out but I was too much in a rush and forgot to get tracking on it. Now I have no part and I'm at a loss. Wouldn't be such a huge deal but RPM is almost 3 hours away from me and I was stuck there and now after I figure out how I am getting a replacement part have to drive all the way back down there again, hopingthe next one works.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear this. Ive always had great service and support with HSW.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 910 Likes on 650 Posts

I've had good luck with them too. Hopefully Nick will respond here.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

I remember when I brought there stuff too I had trouble getting in touch with them.. But they came through.. But the idea that you were already there with the device in your hand ready to square things out with them and them not caring to not even take down a name or not even look at the product sucks....
Old 03-31-2011, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

About calling HSW... i couldnt get them on the phone either when i tried to call so i called another sponser for my kit. When you dont have the internet handy the phone is your only option. I was really disappointed but still am looking to buy a microedge+ off of them soon. If i could give HSW some customer feedback it would be make phones more of a priority. It may be costing you sales.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 910 Likes on 650 Posts

The last time I talked to them I think the guy said it was only him and maybe two other guys doing tech support. I agree that they are probably loosing some business. Its tough to cover the internet and phones giving support to everyone. I am probably more understanding that most but it is still frustrating.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

Yes, due to high call volume return phone calls can take a bit as we are helping other customers. The fastest way to get support is to open a support ticket during the high call volume times. And correct again, we are a manufacture that sells directly to the customer via mail order, we are not a retailer and don't offer pick ups or drop offs.

Now I see a RMA number was issued for your item, even though it is out side of the warranty period. In the RMA number instructions it's stated to insure your package for full retail value. We have no control over how USPS delivers packages, we just received yours today. I took a look at the driver box and there is a large bubble on the backside. We will test the driver box out and take it from there. If you have any questions during the process you can post them in the support ticket thread.

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by Vader TA
I was at RPM having them install an hsw microedge kit and we ran into some issues. We tried calling hsw for about 6 hours straight and left several messages with no call back. I finally decided to try the email tech support. I explained that we have avdolrnoid driver box that has a short in it. I asked if I could drive by and swap it since we were 15 minutes from the shop. I was told there's no one there it's just a storage unit and I would have to mail my defective part in. The adress I was given was the same address as the storage unit.

Now I mailed it in and I was told by USPS it would be there in 2 days. It's been a week and hsw says they still have not received it. I'm just a little upset with the lack of customer service. I paid decent money for a full kit and I can't have someone pick up a phone? And If I would have been able to just drive down the road I could have swapped it but instead it has to be mailed in to the same exact address.

I understand it's not hsw's fault the package got lost, but had the product not been faulty, or they had a facility people can go to, or even call someone back to calm them down a little all this could have been avoided.

On their tech service bulletin I was told to heck with the shipper. They said it went out but I was too much in a rush and forgot to get tracking on it. Now I have no part and I'm at a loss. Wouldn't be such a huge deal but RPM is almost 3 hours away from me and I was stuck there and now after I figure out how I am getting a replacement part have to drive all the way back down there again, hopingthe next one works.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

"even though it is out side of the warranty period","we are a manufacture that sells directly to the customer via mail order, we are not a retailer and don't offer pick ups or drop offs"

for poor cust service, it looks like you still might be taken care of. Just takes time my friend.....Be patient....
Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

I actually got them on the phone today and they said exactly what Matt posted. I am sorry for getting impatient, it was just a pain to drive all the way down there multiple times.

I did not know what the warranty time period was, it was purchased by me directly from you guys less than a year ago but this was the 1st time it went to be installed.

Thank you for your response and i will keep a look out on the ticket
Old 03-31-2011, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

HSW, it's the little things you do that will make you a great company. Ive had a few frustrations with y'all but you still took care of me, and yes your customer support methods are a lil frustrating. But once I got in touch either on the phone or the ticket system, things were taken care of. This isn't a stab at you in anyways, I use your kit and am perfectly happy, just food for thought I guess