Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pieced Together Kit - What Jets?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pieced Together Kit - What Jets?

If I bought a full kit from one manufacturer I would obviously start with their jets. But since I pieced one together, where should I start?

I thought I may start with Zex's chart since they are always on the rich side.

Next question, as you change timing will the timing mark on your spark plugs move?
Old 05-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Why don't you tell us what components you have?

Yes. The timing mark is based on where the timing is.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep... Just as Graham said, we are going to need a little more info on all of the components you have to get you straightened out!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Teching In

I've got a plate from Harris Speed Works, a 19715 fuel solenoid from Induction Solutions, two 19717 nitrous solenoids from Induction Solutions, a Nitrous Outlet bottle, -4 AN feed lines, and -3 lines from the solenoids to plate.

This is on a 6.1L Hemi by the way. Sorry to be an imposter but there's a lot more knowledge over here.

Thank you.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by garrettmoore
I've got a plate from Harris Speed Works, a 19715 fuel solenoid from Induction Solutions, two 19717 nitrous solenoids from Induction Solutions, a Nitrous Outlet bottle, -4 AN feed lines, and -3 lines from the solenoids to plate.

This is on a 6.1L Hemi by the way. Sorry to be an imposter but there's a lot more knowledge over here.

Thank you.
I answered your PM on the LX boards. WHICH IS WHERE YOU BELONG!

Start with Harris jetting. Make sure you are running the correct plug for the shot size and also pulling more timing than you think you should, again for the respective shot size.

Especially with this system you need to put fresh plugs in. As little drive time as possible. Make a pass and shut it off. Pull all 16 of those plugs. If you are not familiar with plug reading. Pull them. Put old ones in to make the drive home and I can help via pictures.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by graham@nitrousoutlet
Especially with this system you need to put fresh plugs in. As little drive time as possible. Make a pass and shut it off. Pull all 16 of those plugs. If you are not familiar with plug reading. Pull them. Put old ones in to make the drive home and I can help via pictures.
I shouldn't be concerned that the jetting could be so far off that there is an issue on that first pass?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

You should not spray more than 100hp on the first pass ( Do around 1/8th mile ) You will not be far enough off to hurt anything as long as you keeping the timing way back and have correct plugs.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Teching In

You should not spray more than 100hp on the first pass ( Do around 1/8th mile )
Will do.

You will not be far enough off to hurt anything as long as you keeping the timing way back and have correct plugs.
When I dabbled in turbo cars there was always a concern of excessive EGT's with excessively retarded timing. Is that not the case with a nitrous car?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Not with done inside of reasonable constraints and not on such a small shot. You have to almost try to hurt parts on a 100hp. The 6.1 bottom end is pretty stout.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Great, thanks. Tell Dave to give you a raise.

Quick Reply: Pieced Together Kit - What Jets?